• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Johoreans are so lucky. Buy Rm100k semi d/bungalow & go work in Spore earn big bucks!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brand new affordable housing project by Johor Sultan!

Wednesday, 22 March 2017

JOHOR BARU: News of “the wonder project” in Johor, with bungalows and semi-detached houses to be priced below RM100,000, is causing ripples here.

After the jaw-dropping gift announcement by Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar (pic) on Monday, many took leave to attend the soft launch of Phase One at the Galleria@Kotaraya Mall today.

Johoreans working in other states also headed back, determined to make it for the event.

The project has been a major talking point on social media, with many people getting impatient for details on the project, which was being kept under wraps till the launch.

Sales support officer S. Veronica, 33, said she desperately wanted to be one of the first to sign up.

“This is a really fantastic opportunity,” she said.

Johorean Raja Mohd Faliq Raja Adam, 33, who works as an assistant manager in Selangor, was also throwing his hat in.

“I have been scouting around for a house for years but have not been successful, what with the skyrocketing prices of property in Johor.

“I hope to return and settle down here but with two children and one more on the way, I need to have a roof over our heads first,” he said.

Cashier Melissa Chin, 26, thanked Sultan Ibrahim for stepping in to help Johoreans get affordable housing.

“The price offered for the homes is really amazing,” she added.

Sultan Ibrahim had said that a total of 1,840 homes would be built over several phases at Bandar Dato Onn, Bandar Baru Majidee and Jalan Yahya Awal, all within 20 minutes drive of the city centre.

The first phase in Bandar Dato Onn would comprise 600 bungalows and semi-detached units with a built up area of 1,100sq ft each.

The Ruler had said that the freehold projects would be built under the Sultan Ibrahim Foundation.

Bank loans with flexible repayment schemes are being worked out. To be fair to all, the selection process for the houses would be stringent, with priority given to truly deserving buyers.

TAGS / KEYWORDS:
bureaus

Related Stories

Jobless man jailed for kissing council officer
Three to receive Datuk title to mark Sultan’s birthday
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=0D5438C18EAF98316EAFCEEDB8CA6268859DA2D3
Abrupt end: Two MPSP excavators tearing down the remaining stalls in Jalan Mak Mandin after months of standoff with the traders who had refused to budge from the site.
Traders cry out for compensation after demolition
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=41C5DF1EEFB8F76165127E2F66DB7254BFB60BD3

image: http://clips.thestar.com.my/Themes/TSOL/img/icon-video.png
icon video
‘Superman’ Hew remanded until Friday over Facebook post
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=9F56CFAE9064E481BA9D4EFFD42F24DBAA0409A8

Govt also seeks to safeguard prestige of royal institutions
You May Be Interested

image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=3329134A689A0EFB7B861BBC92FA5D5956F27DB8
At risk: Social media accounts can be vulnerable to hacks via third-party applications. — AFP Relaxnews
Three ways to protect social media accounts from...
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=F79D40A309CBA4BB435581140D7D9BA059F99D4E
Geely had been considered the favourite to acquire a controlling stake in Proton. - Reuters pic
Geely pulls out of buying Malaysia’s Proton, as its...
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=D91735C8ED9515B16A13A4D555F8AA5A641FA5F3

Maybank and CIMB to enable Alipay mobile wallet in...
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=9815919244E9334FDD8D832C2C41FD1D8DB27C8A

Doctors no different from soldiers
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=08B664B6E2614F5690850C620B40067851CA58BB

Staying connected through social media
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=45A3E1AAB37D152ADDF3FFE278792405D886CC89

Is technology ruining your relationship?
Others Also Read

image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...CEB0FB497D0B49484FB6519D731563F3152317D8Great bargains: The crowd checking out the various travel deals on offer at the MATTA fair in PWTC.
Taiwan all geared up for Muslim tours
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...5EE96568FB5B36CCD871A8545F78CE7D8F5185BBright and airy: The Light House incorporates a double volume hall that maximises the in-flow of natural daylight. —Gamuda Land
Crafting an identity with design
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=6EA6D348B299CE821F00E0FFFCBAFB289ACD3F91
Laptop ban sparks ire among Mideast travellers
IMAGE: HTTP://ADS.PUBMATIC.COM/HOSTEDTHIRDPARTY/156075/MYSTARJOB300X250.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...fordable-housing-project/#1qBbO6Wzz1bqRpO7.99

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Johoreans are so lucky. Buy Rm100k semi d/bungalow & go work in Spore earn big bu

March 23, 2017

Overwhelming response for Bangsa Johor dream house
Bernama
ShareTweetPinMail
rumah-johor

JOHOR BAHRU: Thousands of Johoreans gathered at Galleria Kota Raya here, as early as 4am, hoping to own a Bangsa Johor Dream House launched by the Sultan Ibrahim Foundation yesterday.

There was confusion about the collection of forms to register for the housing project about half an hour after the pre-launch event yesterday evening.

It was learnt many visitors went to the venue early so as to not miss out on an opportunity to apply for the housing project.

However, they were dismayed when told registration can only be done via the foundation’s website www.yayasansultanibrahim.org.my.

Meanwhile, it was reported yesterday that more than 200,000 applications were received via the website within two hours of the launch.

The Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar, and his consort Permaisuri Raja Zarith Sofiah Almarhum Sultan Idris Shah launched the event.

Alfred Tan Wei Ann, 25, described the housing project as an excellent initiative for the people of the state.

“The project is very timely as houses are very expensive, especially in Johor, and many cannot afford to buy houses. So the project is good for residents in the state.

“I hope to own a house through this project,” said the sales representative from Johor Bahru.

Another early bird, Mohd Faizal Mohd Omar, 39, was very excited about the project as it could really assist the people to own houses.

“As a Johorean, I am proud to have the opportunity to own a house priced RM100,000 and below. I have been waiting since morning for the opening ceremony by the Sultan.

“For me, the project will assist Johoreans regardless of whether they are Malay, Chinese or Indian,” said the civil servant.

A Felda retiree, K Subramaniam, also did not want to be left behind during the launch and to obtain information about the houses offered.

“This is good news for Johoreans as many could not afford to buy houses and this is an opportunity for them to buy houses especially at such affordable prices.

“Today, I came to find out more information on the eligibility to apply for the house and I also called my children to apply,” he said.

The Bangsa Johor Dream House by the Sultan Ibrahim Foundation will see two housing projects which will be implemented in Bandar Dato’ Onn and Bandar Baru Majidee with various types of houses priced from RM80,000 to RM150,000 a unit.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Johoreans are so lucky. Buy Rm100k semi d/bungalow & go work in Spore earn big bu

The sultan is merely copying HDB's strategy of offering sinkies cheap housing which will appreciate after 5 years MOP. No big deal.

Thank you Ah Gong for offering all sinkies cheap affordable housing that made so many sinkies into millionaires. Ah John miss you and Ah Ma very much.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

The sultan is merely copying HDB's strategy of offering sinkies cheap housing which will appreciate after 5 years MOP. No big deal.

Thank you Ah Gong for offering all sinkies cheap affordable housing that made so many sinkies into millionaires. Ah John miss you and Ah Ma very much.

Excuse me HDB is 99 yr studio Sgd100k, this one is freehold semi d/bungalow 1100 SF Rm100k. Disregard currency conversion also know HDB no fight!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Excuse me HDB is 99 yr studio Sgd100k, this one is freehold semi d/bungalow 1100 SF Rm100k. Disregard currency conversion also know HDB no fight!

The sultan is easily one of the richest man in the region. To him this is only a drop in the ocean

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

The sultan is easily one of the richest man in the region. To him this is only a drop in the ocean

Yeah he earned billions selling JB reclaimed land. And this project is just to commensurate his 59th birthday. Maybe more to come. At least he has a kind heart for the poor people, gift them semi d and bungalows to stay.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow only Rm1 deposit!

"successful applicants will only need to fork out a deposit of RM1 to get a full housing loan with easy repayment terms"

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Johor Sultan to Launch Affordable Homes on 59th Bday
• March 21, 2017

Johor Sultan to Launch Affordable Homes on 59th Bday

Johor is among the fastest booming states in Malaysia. Developments like Elita , The Senai Garden and Ramada are among affordable to medium ranged properties that are financial friendly to home buyers.

Hence, to commemorate the 59th birthday of Johor’s Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar on Thursday (23 March), his excellency will launch a mixed-use project in Johor Bahru with low-cost homes.

Located in Bandar Dato Onn, the freehold development will come with various types of residential and commercial units. It will be undertaken by the Sultan Ibrahim Foundation, with the help of Bank Rakyat.

“I want this to be a first-of-its-kind housing scheme that is truly affordable, offering the cheapest and best quality houses to the people,” he told The Star.

For instance, semi-detached houses and the three-bedroom bungalows there are expected to be priced under RM100,000 per unit. Moreover, successful applicants will only need to fork out a deposit of RM1 to get a full housing loan with easy repayment terms

The low-cost homes are open to all qualified citizens of Johor, but the process to screen out the potential buyers would be rigorous.

“I do not want to reveal too much now but the people are welcome to Galleria@Kotaraya on Wednesday for the soft launch of this exciting project,” he noted.

Sultan Ibrahim revealed that aside from providing affordable homes, another objective of this development is to shake up Johor’s housing industry here and encourage private developers to slash the prices of their units.

“We must make housing more affordable. The price now is way beyond the reach of the average wage earner,” he added.

Among new developments in Johor to look out for are:

1. Nusa Sentral Spring Meadow

2. Clarinet, Taman Desa Tebrau

3.The Caspian

Image sourced from FMT

Radin Ghazali, Content Writer at PropertyGuru, edited this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Sultan Ibrahim revealed that aside from providing affordable homes, another objective of this development is to shake up Johor’s housing industry here and encourage private developers to slash the prices of their units."

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

when he reaches 69, he will launch bangalows selling for rm69k. shiok.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

HDB where got cheap?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm waiting for PAP to build low cost homes for 30k,even with the army of banglas we employ our homes somehow manage to cost 300k to 400k.its amazing how just 5km north of our border,the impossible becomes the possible.whats the difference between singapore homes and mudland homes?Ours are build by PRC companies theirs is built by PRC companies,we like to cheat our banglas of their wages,I'm pretty sure mudland likes that too,our cement is the same as their cement,they are ruled by sultan we are ruled by emperor.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Johoreans always shiok.

Ya. Especially d Cina msian. Work in Sinkieland n earng triple home pay. Even though 1 of d criteria is m$4k per household. But i m very sure d Cina msian sure find ways n means to "fulfil" d criteria by hook or by crook. N instead of appreciating d Sultan kind gesture. I bet behind d Sultan back they sure badmouth d latter. Like hw they badmouth d Msian govt

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All this clowns do not know can just apply online.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm waiting for PAP to build low cost homes for 30k,even with the army of banglas we employ our homes somehow manage to cost 300k to 400k.its amazing how just 5km north of our border,the impossible becomes the possible.whats the difference between singapore homes and mudland homes?Ours are build by PRC companies theirs is built by PRC companies,we like to cheat our banglas of their wages,I'm pretty sure mudland likes that too,our cement is the same as their cement,they are ruled by sultan we are ruled by emperor.

No difference other than the shitty neighbours like those I get who let their dogs bark non-stop and shit everywhere. But these bastards will not dare to behave like that next to Malay, only dare to bully Chinese and especially Sporean Chinese.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya. Especially d Cina msian. Work in Sinkieland n earng triple home pay. Even though 1 of d criteria is m$4k per household. But i m very sure d Cina msian sure find ways n means to "fulfil" d criteria by hook or by crook. N instead of appreciating d Sultan kind gesture. I bet behind d Sultan back they sure badmouth d latter. Like hw they badmouth d Msian govt

Hahahaha very possible consider the kinds of shameless lies and dirty tricks that I have been subjected to by them. But I don't think they will complain Sultan, they seem to revere him alot for some reasons. Not sure why.