• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Depressing News Headlines from Today

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters
I am very depressed when reading news headlines today.
What had happened to Singapore?

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...xpensive-city-again?google_editors_picks=true
Singapore ranked most expensive city for expats for fourth year running

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...healthway-stays-red?google_editors_picks=true
Salaries unpaid, medicine supply depleting as Healthway stays in the red

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-centre-in-clementi?google_editors_picks=true

Kakamora

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope this helps to make you feel better

[video=youtube;jwqMBZcSNFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwqMBZcSNFY[/video]

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is called sinkie ass kanna screwed hard headlines.. You should be happy.

Ball-lessness breed self ass screwing, it obeys the laws of karma..

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...xpensive-city-again?google_editors_picks=true
Singapore ranked most expensive city for expats for fourth year running

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...healthway-stays-red?google_editors_picks=true
Salaries unpaid, medicine supply depleting as Healthway stays in the red

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-centre-in-clementi?google_editors_picks=true

So long as our ministers are paid their salaries - I am very happy.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fake news! We wouldn't be increasing water price, tax and building national wide ERP if the economy is bad. We just had the best GDP quarter, increased tourist and tourist spend.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So long as our ministers are paid their salaries - I am very happy.

One behalf of my colleagues, we look at our pay slip every month, we feel sad & that is why I cry in parliament, please pay us more...Lim Sway Sway. They don't increase their salary soon - I worry!:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these price hikes have been standard SOP(operating procedure) for the PAP gov't . It's just that LHL doesn't know when to stop.
All these increases, together with millions of so called "foreign" talents will/has kill the golden goose that is known as Spore.

LKY was right when he said that Spore couldn't survive. However he was wrong about the cause of the failure. It is the system he left behind & his son & wife.

I see this happening around me e.g. with my bank Citibank. I've been with them for over 10+ years but now I'm seeing problems with what I thought was a great bank. I think it is because they have too many non-local staff :(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these price hikes have been standard SOP(operating procedure) for the PAP gov't . It's just that LHL doesn't know when to stop.
All these increases, together with millions of so called "foreign" talents will/has kill the golden goose that is known as Spore.

LKY was right when he said that Spore couldn't survive. However he was wrong about the cause of the failure. It is the system he left behind & his son & wife.

I see this happening around me e.g. with my bank Citibank. I've been with them for over 10+ years but now I'm seeing problems with what I thought was a great bank. I think it is because they have too many non-local staff :(

The rot with Citibank or ctiticorp started 20 or 25 years ago....most of their permanent staff were Malaysian Permanent Residents & most Singaporeans were on contract or part time basis ( to save cost) , they were beginning to employ Filipina's, Indians , quietly "sanctioned" by C.U.N.T. ( the union).

I visited a friend back then visiting his workplace in Citicorp during lunch break, I noticed, a few Pinoys with a 3.5" diskettes going from Windows Tower PC, installing UPGRADES...they were migrating to a new version of Windozed Server. I asked my friend, all your PC are networked right? & lunch time, all are logged out & servers are going through the afternoon (daily) maintenance right? why can't the upgrade all the connected PC's from the servers?? The answer...." the pinoys, the employ, have too little work".

My point is, since back then, they have already started to employ all these cheap workers, especially the PR's...for the cost less than locals & employers, only need to see CUNT & MOM, they are given "green light" to employ "bus loads" of foreigners....for they are "fastest, besterest & cheapest"...

Citicorp wa a great bank....WAS!.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rot with Citibank or ctiticorp started 20 or 25 years ago....most of their permanent staff were Malaysian Permanent Residents & most Singaporeans were on contract or part time basis ( to save cost) , they were beginning to employ Filipina's, Indians , quietly "sanctioned" by C.U.N.T. ( the union).

I visited a friend back then visiting his workplace in Citicorp during lunch break, I noticed, a few Pinoys with a 3.5" diskettes going from Windows Tower PC, installing UPGRADES...they were migrating to a new version of Windozed Server. I asked my friend, all your PC are networked right? & lunch time, all are logged out & servers are going through the afternoon (daily) maintenance right? why can't the upgrade all the connected PC's from the servers?? The answer...." the pinoys, the employ, have too little work".

My point is, since back then, they have already started to employ all these cheap workers, especially the PR's...for the cost less than locals & employers, only need to see CUNT & MOM, they are given "green light" to employ "bus loads" of foreigners....for they are "fastest, besterest & cheapest"...

Citicorp wa a great bank....WAS!.

My banking requirements are very simple.

I used Citibank because they "had" a good phone banking system. Rarely had to visit a branch because I could make monthly VISA payments from my account via their telephone system. When I had to visit a branch they didn't have long lines

They also provided chequing services without the annoyance of banks like POSB which would give you a hassle if your signature wasn't perfect or if it was out of position.

Ability to handle TT, wire, cheques from/to the US.

Unfortunately they are changing all that. The phone system is now useless & I can't use it to make payments. Don't really know what they are doing with it :( You now have to type in all these passwords just to get things done. I tried to talk to someone recently & the call was terminated abruptly.

When that happened I used the internet banking system to send a secure email to let them know of a problem with one of their promotions. I got a reply asking me to send an email to their customer care :eek::confused::confused: I thought I was doing that & now I'm confused as to whom I should send the email to:confused:

I would move my account to another bank IF there was a better alternative but I think ALL banks in Spore have problems. :(

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Citibank used to be The Bank.
To open an account you need min $10k.
Their phone banking was top notch (this was pre internet days). The SOP was the call had to be answered within first 3 rings by a CSO and not an automated answering machine. The call center was 24/7 and will bend over backwards to help. They were also the only one who had drive thru banking.
Like bro said hardly ever need to go in person to the branch.
But all that was in the old days.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Citibank used to be The Bank.
To open an account you need min $10k.
Their phone banking was top notch (this was pre internet days). The SOP was the call had to be answered within first 3 rings by a CSO and not an automated answering machine. The call center was 24/7 and will bend over backwards to help. They were also the only one who had drive thru banking.
Like bro said hardly ever need to go in person to the branch.
But all that was in the old days.

When I 1st opened my account with them, one had to maintain a minimum of $15k in your account.
Over the years it dropped to a minimum of $2.5k
This year they changed it back to $15k again. I can see why. There are now longer queues at the branches.

With the drop in service levels I honestly wouldn't consider them if I didn't already have an account them. Maybe go back to using POSB :o
At least with POSB they have a large ATM network in Spore whereas Citi has been scaling back on the number of branches.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I 1st opened my account with them, one had to maintain a minimum of $15k in your account.
Over the years it dropped to a minimum of $2.5k
This year they changed it back to $15k again. I can see why. There are now longer queues at the branches.

With the drop in service levels I honestly wouldn't consider them if I didn't already have an account them. Maybe go back to using POSB :o
At least with POSB they have a large ATM network in Spore whereas Citi has been scaling back on the number of branches.

You must be rich to afford citibank... ha ha ha...had a savings account with them, plus credit card fascilities plus time deposit back then...the only throuble was their branches were limited & ATM even much more limited...I recall having to go Jurong East to make an emergency cash withdrawal from the ATM & it was out of order...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
simple,the internet boom,now with all the online banking apps,paywave and paylah,u can do everything online,transfer money online,send money overseas,send money to a visa.mastercard account,make bill payment arrangement online,send money to a stock broker,pay anyone instantly with pay lah,multicurrency account for all ur online shopping/gambling needs.....

citibank and the rest of them priviledge banking have gone the way of the dodos and dinosaurs.unfortunately as much as i hate DBS,i need them now for all my online banking needs.