• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP accepts dubious foreign doctors in polyclinic

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are using the "soylent green" initiative to get rid of the "pioneers" for many of these, 'giam png', will use their PIONEER CARD to get "free" medical help at Polyclinic. You will hear these at the coffee shop, " government so good, I go polyclinic I pay only $8". What do one expect, cheap & good, come off it, definitely sure cut corners by the "seller".

This is a subtle way to reduce the "PIONEERS" , so that, in the next election there will be FRESH voters, they made up to one plus million....so, remember, "Soylent green" is people....thank you for using the PIONEER CARD & visiting the polyclinics....ha ha ha ha

These Seniors are the most Kia su Kia see die don't want face ppl n of course are fuckiens. They r the ones tat go around n say if don't vote pappies will get tekan etc etc..N they were the biggest supporters of the pappies in the last erection.. They were so happy with the pioneer package n now they get Their just desserts...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It is how much you are willing to pay, who you are & whom do you know, the usual stuff. For example, a reasonably price family Family Physicians you visit cost you a total of at least $50, a good one, you only need to see the doctor once or twice for a simple flu. Say, doctor prescribed you for a bad sore throat, all you need is paracetamol, amoxycilin, maybe a Dhysidl ( spell right I hope)if you have cough, plus maybe lozenges for local relief. These few items, have patented drugs for them & cheap generic ones. Which one, you think will heal you faster?

The other thing is , if you aren't HSK....you think, you will be up & about, propped up by medications & the best medical care at your disposal, ( NNI), you will not be able to go back to work & your employer, will "gently" ask you to leave..& in some case, " a very sorry" we have to let you go.

250mg Amoxycillin for example....taken over two days as prescribed will heal faster than the cheaper generic say 125mg from you know where, & which can use PIONEER card etc...& you will end up going to the doctor, maybe two or three times to heal your sickness....you won't die, but, it won't heal that fast & the more you visit the faster you finish your "free entitlement" & yo have to pay more...

Most people don't want to know this....

Hi halsey02, what you have written is the bad practices that Asian doctors practice because of Asian patient expectations. Blatant inappropriate use of antibiotics. Amoxicillin has lots of resistance these days because of this. Most cough and colds are due to viruses. Antibiotics don't work. What would you use to treat the flu? Ie influenza? Amoxicillin? Go google lah. It should be Tamiflu. Although it is debatable whether Tamiflu still works.

Anyway all this got cough ok must die die have cough syrup eg dhasedyl which is basically a codeine based cough suppressant mixture. What the heck man? Just symptomatic relief lah. And codeine is addictive why you think the GP sold so many litres end up to jail? Who buy? To treat cough?

Fever Panadol. Jeez you can just buy that at NTUC.

You see the third world mentality of patients in Singapore has created this cockanathan expectation for rubbish "prescriptions" and how these can "heal" patients. Rubbish.

Any first world doctor who reads what you wrote will laugh and think you are making it up. But I will admit to you that in Singnapore this is the rubbish practice that GPs sell to patients. Selling koyok.

To hear you write like that is some kind of secret and special more betterer way to treat cough and colds is hilarious.

Anyway for the record my own father swears by amoxicillin and tells me we doctors know nuts.

It is all placebo effect

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi halsey02, what you have written is the bad practices that Asian doctors practice because of Asian patient expectations. Blatant inappropriate use of antibiotics. Amoxicillin has lots of resistance these days because of this. Most cough and colds are due to viruses. Antibiotics don't work. What would you use to treat the flu? Ie influenza? Amoxicillin? Go google lah. It should be Tamiflu. Although it is debatable whether Tamiflu still works.

I have been pointing out the blatant misuse of antibiotics for viral infections for years in this very forum. Sadly my efforts seem to have fallen on deaf ears as usual.

These are exactly the same people who demand antibiotics for the common cold.

The vast majority of my friends thought I was crazy when I told them I always threw away the antibiotics that were dished out willy nilly by Sinkie GPs.

If all your patients were as smart and as prudent as I am the world would be a far better place for all.

I used to throw away the antibiotics I was given. It kills all the good stuff in the gut which is far more important to me than the possibility that my sore throat may be bacterial rather than viral. Viral sore throats are usually on the mend by the 7th day. If it goes beyond that I'll seek further help.

I don't take pain killers or panadol either because I want to know when I'm really getting better and not just feeling better because of medication.

And I'm not even going to go down the path of discussing patients that demand "jabs" so they can get better faster. I know what's in those shots and it does absolutely nothing to alter the course of a head cold.

The reason was revealed by one of my doctors friends. He said that if he refused to prescribe antibiotics, the patient would label him as "useless" and simply look for another doctor that ceded to their demands.

While doctors are considered to be "professionals", any practice still has to be run as a business first and foremost and if you are left with no patients as a result of taking an ethical stand against the overprescription of antibiotics, you might as well close your clinic and find some other way of earning a living.

Doctors in Singapore either have to dish out antibiotics for everything or risk going under.

The other demand of sinkie patients was they all want a "jab" to quicken the healing process regardless of what sort of ailment they have. Saline solution is the cheapest placebo with no risk of side effects so that's what most patients get. The pay good money for it too and feel "much better" after a mainlining a dose of NaCl dissolved in distilled water.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
boss doesn't seem to believe me :mad:
there are a lot of careless doctor out there who had been corrected by me a non medical personnel le
. I swear to the lamp post boss.

Please share some examples. With your doctor level memory sure can remember a few.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah if you try to work as doctor you will surely be found out. New case come in you won't have time to do your research. Patient in front of you ask you questions about their problem.

Anyway you one kind lah. Some time ago I already see through you. You see no up doctors. Anyway good riddance to Sinkies like you.

not trying to be funny lo. but gps in polyclinics are too I don't now what to say. anything unusual just tcss and write referral letters. other than that all common issues which many people can just do the prescription as well. to put it bluntly they studied hard just to get the license to do prescriptions and referrals.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
not trying to be funny lo. but gps in polyclinics are too I don't now what to say. anything unusual just tcss and write referral letters. other than that all common issues which many people can just do the prescription as well. to put it bluntly they studied hard just to get the license to do prescriptions and referrals.

We expect too much from doctors. The human body is complex. Nobody but our maker understands how it works. The old school doctors could get away with a wrong diagnosis. Nowadays it's too risky.

If I was a doctor I'd order a battery of tests just to cover my ass.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
boss doesn't seem to believe me :mad:
there are a lot of careless doctor out there who had been corrected by me a non medical personnel le
. I swear to the lamp post boss.

ok. I can give u another example. previously I gave some too.
my parent have high blood pressure and given amlodipine besilate 5mg all the while.
then after some time her blood pressure sometime went low , sometime high . so doc reduced her dosage to half tab.
then recently I noticed her blood pressure has been constantly high and never low. but the polyclinic doc was not aware. wtf. I had to highlight and suggest is it time to go back to 1 tab. and the doc check and check , action abit and agreed. let's move her back to 1 tab.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
my parent have high blood pressure and given amlodipine besilate 5mg all the while.
then after some time her blood pressure sometime went low , sometime high . so doc reduced her dosage to half tab.
then recently I noticed her blood pressure has been constantly high and never low. but the polyclinic doc was not aware. wtf. I had to highlight and suggest is it time to go back to 1 tab. and the doc check and check , action abit and agreed. let's move her back to 1 tab.

Different schools of thought have different opinions of what is "high".

The drug companies want everyone to be below 120/80. It makes them a lot of money.

My dad's old school doctor friend used the guideline systolic max should be not more than 100 + your age. My dad lived till his late 80s and was hale and hearty even though his blood pressure was often in the 170/95 range. The doctor said it was ok for his age and that medication would cause more problems than it was worth.

There is no one right answer. It all depends upon what philosophy you adopt when considering "wellness".

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Err what so "doctor" about that? What is low what is high? You guys keep a diary? Actual numbers? I usually get my patients to get a months worth of readings before adjusting dosages. Many come and say high or low. What number

Like the guy say I got very high salary or my salary too low what the heck does that really mean?

Third world doctor and third world patient talking crap to each other. None the wiser. High then low then high then reduce dosage just like that? Then later increase dosage? LOL! The reason why your parents BP go up and down is cos keep changing dosage!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie and mudlander bullies persecuting others for nothing deserved to be treated by fake doctors to death, just like how they want to persecute others to commit suicide. Bin pay kow kow! Ultimate hypocrites here bullying others mercilessly and then cry of being bullied by foreign doctors. Pui!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Err what so "doctor" about that? What is low what is high? You guys keep a diary? Actual numbers? I usually get my patients to get a months worth of readings before adjusting dosages. Many come and say high or low. What number

Like the guy say I got very high salary or my salary too low what the heck does that really mean?

Third world doctor and third world patient talking crap to each other. None the wiser. High then low then high then reduce dosage just like that? Then later increase dosage? LOL! The reason why your parents BP go up and down is cos keep changing dosage!

I'm aware of this ..what is considered high vs age and recent few years records. but as a polyclinic GP they are responsible to monitor the BP of their chronic patients and not wait till I highlight to them lo.
in this case I might as well take over them. and she agreed that now is time to move back to 1 tab - that is where my existent as a doc lies.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyway all this got cough ok must die die have cough syrup eg dhasedyl which is basically a codeine based cough suppressant mixture. What the heck man? Just symptomatic relief lah. And codeine is addictive why you think the GP sold so many litres end up to jail? Who buy? To treat cough?

Fever Panadol. Jeez you can just buy that at NTUC.

You see the third world mentality of patients in Singapore has created this cockanathan expectation for rubbish "prescriptions" and how these can "heal" patients. Rubbish.

Any first world doctor who reads what you wrote will laugh and think you are making it up. But I will admit to you that in Singnapore this is the rubbish practice that GPs sell to patients. Selling koyok.

To hear you write like that is some kind of secret and special more betterer way to treat cough and colds is hilarious.

Anyway for the record my own father swears by amoxicillin and tells me we doctors know nuts.

It is all placebo effect

What I had pointed out is , to highlight the "stanglehold" GP here over the patients by charging them not only for consultation & selling & dispensing medicines, where many patented ones, can be bought OTC.

Paracetamols are cheap medication, that can be bought over the counter & in some many types. I usually use Biogesic for the most basic fever & pain...fever that lingers higher than normal, I take a 8 hour cycle, alternating between 2 paracetamols, start, then 1 Ibrufen 600mg( Brufen mg) then 2 paracetamols...& still high..HEAD FOR THE DOCTOR OR GO ER. Ibrufen, you can't buy OTC here.

Tamiflu, have a box, expiring soon, so far, have not any flu that is so bad that Tamiflu is neede, again, Tamiflu, cannot be bought OTC.

As for cough, that depends of what type, what I use to buy on standby, is Duro-Tuss, Bendryl etc. etc...

I mentioned "dhasedyl" for this what our GP's here, are fond of dishing out, when you go see them for a cough...& sore throat, I know what is needed for myself, an infection usually starts with the throat & if not taken care of, it spreads to the nose, or starts from the nose then to the throat & in some bad cases, to the ears & that is why they are known as E.N.T....will not bore with describing the connection...

I will try not to use antibiotics for sore throat, usually, suck a lozenges first, I use Dequadian ( work for me), if still persist, I go for Dr.Dorithricin or Dorithricin....& still persist & develops into a fever, throat infected, nose blocked...if I am overseas, 2 amoxillin , with paracetamols...usually works plus lozenges...it works after 2 doses over 8 hrs, rarely had I need medical attention. But in Singapore...I have to head to the GP for the antibiotics...& bet you, I will be given, the cheapest lozenges, Dhasedyl, Amoxillin ( sometime generic) & paracetamols ( generic)...so, you are saying, I have an Asian patient mentality?

What I am saying is, we can treat many basic discomforts with medicines bought off the shelf or over the counter but in SINGAPORE, we need a prescription , a Rx..that is why, we have to see a doctor to pay a lot...

I am not saying that they are some secret ways etc to treat coughs....but most people here thinks that, the doctors here have & that is why they will go see one....

The whole issue & point for the long story is.....the consumers here, otherwise known the as the patients, have not much choices but to consult a medical professional aka as the doctor, or family doctor or GP or...for only they, can sell them the medicine they need for simple medical conditions or even some specific medical conditions, in which they can, jolly well, treat themselves by buying them OTC or off the shelf. We have no choice...but to see a doctor.

But many these days..are getting "educated"....they go, not so far away from home & buy & stock...."hint"..tamiflu, Ibrufen, etc..just naming a few...

The whole issue again....we have no choice...but gets "fucked" by the system here, who will trumpet that...THEY ARE LOOKING AFTER YOU...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie and mudlander bullies persecuting others for nothing deserved to be treated by fake doctors to death, just like how they want to persecute others to commit suicide. Bin pay kow kow! Ultimate hypocrites here bullying others mercilessly and then cry of being bullied by foreign doctors. Pui!

The ultimate hypocrite is the mudlander Chinese dog that after viciously persecuting others - hoping to push the victim to become mad or to commit suicide - by using various clones, then turned around to act nice to say 这个社会生病了!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
As for cough, that depends of what type, what I use to buy on standby, is Duro-Tuss, Bendryl etc. etc...

I mentioned "dhasedyl" for this what our GP's here, are fond of dishing out, when you go see them for a cough...& sore throat, I know what is needed for myself, an infection usually starts with the throat & if not taken care of, it spreads to the nose, or starts from the nose then to the throat & in some bad cases, to the ears & that is why they are known as E.N.T....will not bore with describing the connection...

I will try not to use antibiotics for sore throat, usually, suck a lozenges first, I use Dequadian ( work for me), if still persist, I go for Dr.Dorithricin or Dorithricin....& still persist & develops into a fever, throat infected, nose blocked...if I am overseas, 2 amoxillin , with paracetamols...usually works plus lozenges...it works after 2 doses over 8 hrs, rarely had I need medical attention. But in Singapore...I have to head to the GP for the antibiotics...& bet you, I will be given, the cheapest lozenges, Dhasedyl, Amoxillin ( sometime generic) & paracetamols ( generic)...so, you are saying, I have an Asian patient mentality?

I'm surprised that you can find medication that actually works for the common cold.

My experience is that nothing works. The only thing I find relief in is nose spray to clear the nasal passages in order to get to sleep.

OTC cough mixture does NOT work. Studies have been done that prove this. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/10777506/ns/health-cold_and_flu/t/doctors-discourage-use-cough-medicine/

The only thing that ever worked for me for coughs were Codeine tablets but they also knocked me out.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I had pointed out is , to highlight the "stanglehold" GP here over the patients by charging them not only for consultation & selling & dispensing medicines, where many patented ones, can be bought OTC.

Paracetamols are cheap medication, that can be bought over the counter & in some many types. I usually use Biogesic for the most basic fever & pain...fever that lingers higher than normal, I take a 8 hour cycle, alternating between 2 paracetamols, start, then 1 Ibrufen 600mg( Brufen mg) then 2 paracetamols...& still high..HEAD FOR THE DOCTOR OR GO ER. Ibrufen, you can't buy OTC here.

Tamiflu, have a box, expiring soon, so far, have not any flu that is so bad that Tamiflu is neede, again, Tamiflu, cannot be bought OTC.

What I am saying is, we can treat many basic discomforts with medicines bought off the shelf or over the counter but in SINGAPORE, we need a prescription , a Rx..that is why, we have to see a doctor to pay a lot...

I am not saying that they are some secret ways etc to treat coughs....but most people here thinks that, the doctors here have & that is why they will go see one....

The whole issue & point for the long story is.....the consumers here, otherwise known the as the patients, have not much choices but to consult a medical professional aka as the doctor, or family doctor or GP or...for only they, can sell them the medicine they need for simple medical conditions or even some specific medical conditions, in which they can, jolly well, treat themselves by buying them OTC or off the shelf. We have no choice...but to see a doctor.

But many these days..are getting "educated"....they go, not so far away from home & buy & stock...."hint"..tamiflu, Ibrufen, etc..just naming a few...

The whole issue again....we have no choice...but gets "fucked" by the system here, who will trumpet that...THEY ARE LOOKING AFTER YOU...

precisely. most of the time we can treat ourselves but we still need to pay doc for the useless consultation which eventually we just need the medication that only they are licensed to issue. the only good thing is taking the mc or else there is no need to go consultation at all.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its alright peasant lives are cheap,imagine if the standards and regulations for doctors are so lax,can u imagine whats it like in other job sectors and industries,just imagine how easy it is for foreigners to find jobs in other sectors which most sinkies dont think about and most companies dont care.
i mean honestly who cares what sinkies want?is there anything in this country that is not done by fts or provided by fts?foot massage parlors are run by fts,hairdressers are run by fts,fast food,restaurants and food courts are run by fts,petrol station,fts,buses driven by fts,banks taken over by fts,MBS fts,i think the only place left where u can find majority sinkies is the SAF and civil service and most of them are still sleeping.sinkies have made themselves redundant in their own country,singapore economy doesnt really need sinkies anymore we are just a afterthought.....the only hope left is to invest,save enough money and migrate and hope u can make peace with the world in a foreign country.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is how much you are willing to pay, who you are & whom do you know, the usual stuff. For example, a reasonably price family Family Physicians you visit cost you a total of at least $50, a good one, you only need to see the doctor once or twice for a simple flu. Say, doctor prescribed you for a bad sore throat, all you need is paracetamol, amoxycilin, maybe a Dhysidl ( spell right I hope)if you have cough, plus maybe lozenges for local relief. These few items, have patented drugs for them & cheap generic ones. Which one, you think will heal you faster?

The other thing is , if you aren't HSK....you think, you will be up & about, propped up by medications & the best medical care at your disposal, ( NNI), you will not be able to go back to work & your employer, will "gently" ask you to leave..& in some case, " a very sorry" we have to let you go.

250mg Amoxycillin for example....taken over two days as prescribed will heal faster than the cheaper generic say 125mg from you know where, & which can use PIONEER card etc...& you will end up going to the doctor, maybe two or three times to heal your sickness....you won't die, but, it won't heal that fast & the more you visit the faster you finish your "free entitlement" & yo have to pay more...

Most people don't want to know this....

Don't forget that if you work in Spore & get ill. You can't just call the company to say you are not going to the office because you are ill. You need a cert from a doctor certifying that you are ill.

This is probably why you many people going to the doctor instead of a DIY cure.

I would look at Apple cider vinegar & honey. I take this mixture to help with my diabetes. However it also helps with coughs & helps one to sleep.

[video=youtube;3c4r22NdkeE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c4r22NdkeE[/video]

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget that if you work in Spore & get ill. You can't just call the company to say you are not going to the office because you are ill. You need a cert from a doctor certifying that you are ill.

This is probably why you many people going to the doctor instead of a DIY cure.

I would look at Apple cider vinegar & honey. I take this mixture to help with my diabetes. However it also helps with coughs & helps one to sleep.

I don't know if this is in the Employment Act, which I had not been reading up for years, for I have nothing to do with it, these days. In the past, I didn't bother to read it up too; what we know, traditionally is, if you do not report in that you are not coming in to work for more than 48 hours, automatically, one is considered " FIRED". But if you call in within the time frame, you have to produce excuse, why you didn't turn up for work. One, leave will be deducted & a black mark on your record or emergency leave added on & pay adjusted, bonuses adjusted & other benefits adjusted, or a warning letter issued or "Bye bye , thanks for the memory"...:biggrin: