• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP accepts dubious foreign doctors in polyclinic

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking PAP must be struck by lightning.

Foreign doctors with unapproved medical degree found working in polyclinics
July 3, 2016
By: 永久浪客/Forever Vagabond

It has been reported on TISG that Singaporeans who went to polyclinics to see a doctor had asked for a local doctor instead when they were being referred to see a foreign one (http://theindependent.sg/singaporean-assigned-a-foreign-doctor-at-polyclinic-demands-a-local-one).

A netizen explained he did so because he didn’t want to take chances of risking his mother’s life to some foreign “uncertified doctor”.

Some netizens also brought up the case of Madam Koh Ah Tow who later died after she was prescribed with the wrong dosage of medicine by a Filipino doctor, Dr Diana Ramos Santos, at Clementi Polyclinic. Madam Koh died after she received 4 times more than the normal dosage she was supposed to be taking.

To make matters worse, Dr Santos tried to cover up and did not amend the prescription even after realising this. At the time, the media didn’t say where Dr Santos had obtained her medical degree from.

SMC issuing “temporary” license to foreign doctors from unaccredited medical schools

It has also been reported in an article that to circumvent the shortages of doctors in Singapore, the Singapore Medical Council (SMC) appears to be resorting to issuing “temporary” license to foreign doctors from unaccredited 3rd-world medical schools to work here (http://theindependent.sg/smc-issuin...doctors-with-unaccredited-degree-to-work-here).

According to SMC’s own website (http://www.healthprofessionals.gov....eddoctor/international_medical_graduates.html), for doctors with foreign medical degree, only those who graduated from any of the below approved list of overseas medical schools are recognised by SMC:

http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.... Registrable Basic Medical Qualifications.pdf

SMC specifically stated (http://www.healthprofessionals.gov....eddoctor/international_medical_graduates.html), “The Singapore Medical Council (SMC) would like to highlight that International Medical Graduates who do not hold qualifications which are recognised by the SMC, will not be eligible to apply for medical registration to practise in Singapore. This applies to all applicants.”

But then it added a caveat at the end of the page, saying that doctors who do not meet this criteria “may apply for temporary registration”.

Indeed, in the article, it highlighted 2 such examples – both doctors from Myanmar below had graduated from the University of Yangon. This university is not found inside the approved list of medical schools from SMC itself. Yet both were given “temporary registration” to work as medical practitioners at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital in Jurong:
1Foreign doctors with unapproved degree also work at polyclinics

In addition to hospitals, foreign doctors who graduated from unapproved 3rd-world medical schools (i.e, those not found inside the above SMC approved list) have also been found practising at our polyclinics.

A cursory search on SMC website (https://prs.moh.gov.sg/prs/internet/profSearch/main.action?hpe=SMC) found at least 2 were given “temporary registration” to work here – one at Marine Parade polyclinic and the other at Outram polyclinic:
23One graduated from lloilo Doctors’ College of Med Inc (Philippines) and the other from Far Eastern U (Philippines). In fact, SMC’s own approved list of medical schools does not list any of the Philippines universities inside. Nor is there any from Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam or Indonesia.

Only 5 third world countries have some of their medical schools approved by SMC. They are China (8 schools), India (9 but 1 was deleted), Malaysia (2), Pakistan (1), Sri Lanka (1).

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
2-3.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
SMC has been issuing these temp registration for many such doctors. All they have to do though is to take the GDFM (graduate diploma in family medicine) course and if they pass they will be granted full registration PLUS be included in the family physician register.

So nice right. From get go can start working as a doctor, practice medicine, earn income, meanwhile take GDFM (sometimes even sponsored by Singhealth or NHGP) and then apss already then good to stay in Singapore forever.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Only 5 third world countries have some of their medical schools approved by SMC. They are China (8 schools), India (9 but 1 was deleted), Malaysia (2), Pakistan (1), Sri Lanka (1)."

This info wrong leh. Many years ago i was "treated" in a polyclinic by a rude pinay doctor from university of santo thomas. I went back to check later it's not even in the top 500 universities.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are using the "soylent green" initiative to get rid of the "pioneers" for many of these, 'giam png', will use their PIONEER CARD to get "free" medical help at Polyclinic. You will hear these at the coffee shop, " government so good, I go polyclinic I pay only $8". What do one expect, cheap & good, come off it, definitely sure cut corners by the "seller".

This is a subtle way to reduce the "PIONEERS" , so that, in the next election there will be FRESH voters, they made up to one plus million....so, remember, "Soylent green" is people....thank you for using the PIONEER CARD & visiting the polyclinics....ha ha ha ha

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking PAP must be struck by lightning.

Foreign doctors with unapproved medical degree found working in polyclinics
July 3, 2016
By: 永久浪客/Forever Vagabond

It has been reported on TISG that Singaporeans who went to polyclinics to see a doctor had asked for a local doctor instead when they were being referred to see a foreign one (http://theindependent.sg/singaporean-assigned-a-foreign-doctor-at-polyclinic-demands-a-local-one).

A netizen explained he did so because he didn’t want to take chances of risking his mother’s life to some foreign “uncertified doctor”.

Some netizens also brought up the case of Madam Koh Ah Tow who later died after she was prescribed with the wrong dosage of medicine by a Filipino doctor, Dr Diana Ramos Santos, at Clementi Polyclinic. Madam Koh died after she received 4 times more than the normal dosage she was supposed to be taking.

To make matters worse, Dr Santos tried to cover up and did not amend the prescription even after realising this. At the time, the media didn’t say where Dr Santos had obtained her medical degree from.

SMC issuing “temporary” license to foreign doctors from unaccredited medical schools

It has also been reported in an article that to circumvent the shortages of doctors in Singapore, the Singapore Medical Council (SMC) appears to be resorting to issuing “temporary” license to foreign doctors from unaccredited 3rd-world medical schools to work here (http://theindependent.sg/smc-issuin...doctors-with-unaccredited-degree-to-work-here).

According to SMC’s own website (http://www.healthprofessionals.gov....eddoctor/international_medical_graduates.html), for doctors with foreign medical degree, only those who graduated from any of the below approved list of overseas medical schools are recognised by SMC:

http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.... Registrable Basic Medical Qualifications.pdf

SMC specifically stated (http://www.healthprofessionals.gov....eddoctor/international_medical_graduates.html), “The Singapore Medical Council (SMC) would like to highlight that International Medical Graduates who do not hold qualifications which are recognised by the SMC, will not be eligible to apply for medical registration to practise in Singapore. This applies to all applicants.”

But then it added a caveat at the end of the page, saying that doctors who do not meet this criteria “may apply for temporary registration”.

Indeed, in the article, it highlighted 2 such examples – both doctors from Myanmar below had graduated from the University of Yangon. This university is not found inside the approved list of medical schools from SMC itself. Yet both were given “temporary registration” to work as medical practitioners at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital in Jurong:
1Foreign doctors with unapproved degree also work at polyclinics

In addition to hospitals, foreign doctors who graduated from unapproved 3rd-world medical schools (i.e, those not found inside the above SMC approved list) have also been found practising at our polyclinics.

A cursory search on SMC website (https://prs.moh.gov.sg/prs/internet/profSearch/main.action?hpe=SMC) found at least 2 were given “temporary registration” to work here – one at Marine Parade polyclinic and the other at Outram polyclinic:
23One graduated from lloilo Doctors’ College of Med Inc (Philippines) and the other from Far Eastern U (Philippines). In fact, SMC’s own approved list of medical schools does not list any of the Philippines universities inside. Nor is there any from Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam or Indonesia.

Only 5 third world countries have some of their medical schools approved by SMC. They are China (8 schools), India (9 but 1 was deleted), Malaysia (2), Pakistan (1), Sri Lanka (1).

Good enough for peasants. Expecting Harvard Medical School alumni ?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I wrote before that third world country people have a certain mentality where third world country doctors are actually best for them. Dunno anyway just order test after test after test. Third world country patients love tests. Doctor take detailed history is most important but third world people say talk and talk for what?

retardface

Alfrescian
Loyal
My maid works as a part time doctor in a polyclinic after she finishes her daily chores at home and we split her doctor's salary. When she occasionally gets ill we send her to a regular qualified doctor.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
My maid works as a part time doctor in a polyclinic after she finishes her daily chores at home and we split her doctor's salary. When she occasionally gets ill we send her to a regular qualified doctor.

Don't be so bad lah. Say your wife until like that! Terrible lah.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seriously the requirement of a GP, especially in polyclinics, is someone who is able to use Google ( to check for drugs informations) and write referral letters (must train to have doc handwriting though) .
more importantly that person must learn how to use SCM ( Sunrise clinical manager) which is currently used in hospitals and polyclinic.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
seriously the requirement of a GP, especially in polyclinics, is someone who is able to use Google ( to check for drugs informations) and write referral letters (must train to have doc handwriting though) .
more importantly that person must learn how to use SCM ( Sunrise clinical manager) which is currently used in hospitals and polyclinic.

So easy ar? See chootchiew you again belittling family doctors no respect.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So easy ar? See chootchiew you again belittling family doctors no respect.

yeah with all those I mentioned, best is not to talk too much. perhaps that's the reason why most doc didn't want to explain to patients. the more u talk the more problems.
I confirm with chop can pass off as a doc becos many times people thought I'm a doc when I'm in a hospital :*: even doc themselves .

joeyboey

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah with all those I mentioned, best is not to talk too much. perhaps that's the reason why most doc didn't want to explain to patients. the more u talk the more problems.
I confirm with chop can pass off as a doc becos many times people thought I'm a doc when I'm in a hospital :*: even doc themselves .

Sure or not? You sound like you could pass off as a patient rather than a doc.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure or not? You sound like you could pass off as a patient rather than a doc.

not joke bro. becos usually before visiting a doc, whether is for myself or with a close ones, I will do plenty of research before visiting . so doc can't fool me and I always give them a lot of challenges. some doc I believe thought I'm from their field . those challenge I gave them are not typical surface level ah ter ah kou kpkb but deep thinking and detail type.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
not joke bro. becos usually before visiting a doc, whether is for myself or with a close ones, I will do plenty of research before visiting . so doc can't fool me and I always give them a lot of challenges. some doc I believe thought I'm from their field . those challenge I gave them are not typical surface level ah ter ah kou kpkb but deep thinking and detail type.

Aiyah if you try to work as doctor you will surely be found out. New case come in you won't have time to do your research. Patient in front of you ask you questions about their problem.

Anyway you one kind lah. Some time ago I already see through you. You see no up doctors. Anyway good riddance to Sinkies like you.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good enough for peasants. Expecting Harvard Medical School alumni ?

What do you want? NUS Medical School, University of Chittagong, Lilo Lilo School Of Medicine or University of Pagan, the counter staff at the polyclinics, must ask the patients!...how about you?, FRCS , Edinburgh, Ireland, UK or Australia??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you want? NUS Medical School, University of Chittagong, Lilo Lilo School Of Medicine or University of Pagan, the counter staff at the polyclinics, must ask the patients!...how about you?, FRCS , Edinburgh, Ireland, UK or Australia??

During the NS days when you went to see the MO he would just prescribe Panadol.
The difference today is that now Sporeans are now prescribed cheaper generic drugs & expensive tests to drain you of $$$.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During the NS days when you went to see the MO he would just prescribe Panadol.
The difference today is that now Sporeans are now prescribed cheaper generic drugs & expensive tests to drain you of $$$.

It is how much you are willing to pay, who you are & whom do you know, the usual stuff. For example, a reasonably price family Family Physicians you visit cost you a total of at least $50, a good one, you only need to see the doctor once or twice for a simple flu. Say, doctor prescribed you for a bad sore throat, all you need is paracetamol, amoxycilin, maybe a Dhysidl ( spell right I hope)if you have cough, plus maybe lozenges for local relief. These few items, have patented drugs for them & cheap generic ones. Which one, you think will heal you faster?

The other thing is , if you aren't HSK....you think, you will be up & about, propped up by medications & the best medical care at your disposal, ( NNI), you will not be able to go back to work & your employer, will "gently" ask you to leave..& in some case, " a very sorry" we have to let you go.

250mg Amoxycillin for example....taken over two days as prescribed will heal faster than the cheaper generic say 125mg from you know where, & which can use PIONEER card etc...& you will end up going to the doctor, maybe two or three times to heal your sickness....you won't die, but, it won't heal that fast & the more you visit the faster you finish your "free entitlement" & yo have to pay more...

Most people don't want to know this....