• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PMET Success! From Banker to Dish Washer Huat Ah!

Kakamora

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no inverted commas for the issue I cited. It is a documented example, backed by real people and a listed company.

His business is failing because his chicks are working in the same company, hugging their slim-waists while discussing work in business-class and first-class flights.
It never cross his mind that his fellow passengers could be his company's investors.

The company should buy him a private jet.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
story is fishy...fake news.

Most people, including myself, found his $3000 salary offer for a dishwasher to be shocking, maybe even attention seeking. But we did not go that far as to label him a liar, spreading of fake news.

If someone takes up his offer, Suckit Sushi is obliged to pay the suitable candidate $3000 a month to wash dishes.

You are more than welcome to declare in public that sakae sushi is lying and has no intentions of honouring their $3000 salary offer for a dishwasher.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
story is fishy...fake news.

I believe is fake too. I do not believe anyone earning 14k per month will go for dishwasher. uber driver or security guard then possible. dish washing need to have at least a dish washing face. if he has a dish washing face he wouldn't be able to work in that bank

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It takes more years for a youngster to pay-off a condo or HDB flat of the same size as his father's.
Therefore, youngsters will find it harder to duplicate your success.

I got into the habit of investing when I was very young. Of course when you 1st start you are starting at a very low base but after 10+ years you should see a respectable nest egg starting to develop. The secret is to start young, make saving a habit & to let dollar cost averaging work for you. It also helped that I was working for a company that allowed me to buy the company shares at a discount.

I never liked getting into debt & made sure to pay off all my credit card bills on time. I never considered buying a home until I could afford to pay at least 50%. I also knew about Spore's unofficial retirement age of 40 & used that as my target to be financially free.

I am amazed to see Sporeans spends so much $$ without having some sort of financial plan:eek:
They don't think about the future & give higher priority to buying a car, going for expensive holidays, buying a home, ..

Some of my colleagues who were making more $$$ than I was are today still struggling with a car loan & home mortgage. I'm not a financial genius. Just someone who got into the habit of putting some $ into investments.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It takes more years for a youngster to pay-off a condo or HDB flat of the same size as his father's.
Therefore, youngsters will find it harder to duplicate your success.

if it takes more years for a youngster to pay off a condo or hdb flat,it means too many people are doing the same thing nowadays,every sinkie and his donkey are buying condos and hdb flats.when too many people are doing the same thing,market forces dictates that the roi gets thinner and thinner.time to use that thinking box and look for something else.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if it takes more years for a youngster to pay off a condo or hdb flat,it means too many people are doing the same thing nowadays,every sinkie and his donkey are buying condos and hdb flats.when too many people are doing the same thing,market forces dictates that the roi gets thinner and thinner.time to use that thinking box and look for something else.

Most sinkies should stick to buying HDB. They need one when they get married and start a family anyway. Vast majority of sinkies who buy a BTO make money once the 5 year MPO is over. I don't think it's a good idea for most sinkies to sell off their HDB flats for condos, especially the newer ones. The older condos are way more spacious, just like the older HDB flats. And condo dwellers have to take care of their own estate maintenance. Are most sinkies aware of it, or do they wish to leave it to others to manage their homes for them?

My financial advice to newbs would be to improve your overall competence at your full time job. For most people, their main source of recurring income would come from their full-time jobs, not their dividends or e-commerce sideline. Upgrade skills, network better and learn some professional niche skills.

I have engineer friends who never once bought rental properties or invested in the stock market, but they retired rich nonetheless on their engineer income. They were good at what they did and could easy switch jobs which paid just as well while other engineers were turning to taxi driving or security guard jobs once they were retrenched.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when this kind of news is published in pap mouthpiece, it is an futuristic indicator that many more retrenchment in the financial industry is on its way. you can come slap me if i am wrong.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
when this kind of news is published in pap mouthpiece, it is an futuristic indicator that many more retrenchment in the financial industry is on its way. you can come slap me if i am wrong.

The STI index has been going up since late last year. What the fuck are you talking about?

tumblr_mqbi3lAYPC1rk3wq7o1_400.gif

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ah john ah, how can you use sti index to gauge the financial industry? pls advise.:biggrin:

LOL! A number of my buddies and I are HUATing our way to the bank thanks to the rise in the STI. Businesses are doing good through cost-cutting, automation and more FTs. Din Tai Fung also crowded as usual. Life is good.

I hope life is good for you too! :smile:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got into the habit of investing when I was very young. Of course when you 1st start you are starting at a very low base but after 10+ years you should see a respectable nest egg starting to develop. The secret is to start young, make saving a habit & to let dollar cost averaging work for you. It also helped that I was working for a company that allowed me to buy the company shares at a discount.

I never liked getting into debt & made sure to pay off all my credit card bills on time. I never considered buying a home until I could afford to pay at least 50%. I also knew about Spore's unofficial retirement age of 40 & used that as my target to be financially free.

I am amazed to see Sporeans spends so much $$ without having some sort of financial plan:eek:
They don't think about the future & give higher priority to buying a car, going for expensive holidays, buying a home, ..

Some of my colleagues who were making more $$$ than I was are today still struggling with a car loan & home mortgage. I'm not a financial genius. Just someone who got into the habit of putting some $ into investments.

Seriously, after your trying-to-emigrate stunt.. i cannot take your investing-from-young-to-old story seriously. You are a sinkie crackpot joke.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
When he was earning $14,000 per month he should have been working towards achieving financial independence instead of spending it all.

Had could have saved at least HALF his take home pay had he been financially prudent.

Saving $6000 per month plus whatever bonuses he earned would have meant at least $100,000 per annum in savings.

On hindsight one has PERFECT vision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
$14000 a month is probably a SVP-level.
I am surprised that he lost his bank job when the local banking industry was roaring 4 years ago.

4 years ago, a senior banker of his calibre should still be able to easily find a $100K/annum job with other banks.

those were the time incl nowadays that PAP let in ftrashes ah nehs n pundeks displacing local talents with cheaper wages.......
f...k those papig traitors who tilted the balance and now pretending to be innocent......... and wanting to help displaced PMETs

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL! A number of my buddies and I are HUATing our way to the bank thanks to the rise in the STI. Businesses are doing good through cost-cutting, automation and more FTs. Din Tai Fung also crowded as usual. Life is good.

I hope life is good for you too! :smile:

haha...i can't be comapred to towkay like you. life is not too bad for me, i need no face sinkie day in day out except some siao mata charbors in sinkieland think she is very powerful maciam the wonder woman of the new century, trying to knock down an innocent guy. that's a blessing for me, at least i know i made the right choice to move out of the communist state of SEA.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no inverted commas for the issue I cited. It is a documented example, backed by real people and a listed company.

now we know that all this while his company was swimming in red......... so it was probably bluff that he cud not hire dishwasher for that salary

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
haha...i can't be comapred to towkay like you. life is not too bad for me, i need no face sinkie day in day out except some siao mata charbors in sinkieland think she is very powerful maciam the wonder woman of the new century, trying to knock down an innocent guy. that's a blessing for me, at least i know i made the right choice to move out of the communist state of SEA.

As a sinkie, you are probably more hardworking and have higher standards than most of the aussie white trash in down under. I think you will do well there like most chinkies if you work hard. Stay safe from the lebs though.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's unbelievable that he had no savings while drawing $14k a month.

You say until 14k bigger than bullock cart wheel?
In sg you can't buy much with that.
As I've said previously a sole breadwinner of a family with 2 young kids staying in hdb with cheap korea/jap car need a minimum of 10k to get by. And this is only getting by living modestly with basic comfort.
Those who claim they can live on 3k per month need to know the difference between surviving and living.