• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat John Tan Invites You To Be A Grassroots Leader!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
17352478_1843776129173903_7875000469820406822_n.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I'm signing up! Thank you for the offer! Special Parking Label ok? Don't play play...

angkongsiao

walao eh got kangtao woh
paging all my bros to join liao got chance to be rc chief liao
hoot the chairman to ran road then take over rc
can do ah long biz, sell ciggies and skin trade liao
mus ask kalong guni prez to join oso
use void deck as mini sungei flea mart liao
wah jin song huat ah huat ha

toothpick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am considering to sign up but I am not interested in those perks. Any toothpicks for me to collect instead?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi sir, this is not grassroot leader post le . is the so called grassroots table cloth hokkien auntie say "toh pore"
I'm only keen in your type of position.

You need to work your way up. Start with being an RC volunteer. Over time, seniors like myself would introduce you to our MP and give you more opportunities in taking the lead to organize grassroots activities like Josephus Tan, Victor Lye and Louis Ng.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to work your way up. Start with being an RC volunteer. Over time, seniors like myself would introduce you to our MP and give you more opportunities in taking the lead to organize grassroots activities like Josephus Tan, Victor Lye and Louis Ng.

How abt tos jobs as Grasslooters where they are awarded contract projects in their ward.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how long before I get invited to tea party ? anyway to upgrade my chances ? I don't mind contributing to the ahem grassroot fund. just tell me how much.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How abt tos jobs as Grasslooters where they are awarded contract projects in their ward.

if I'm right grass looters are actually grassroot leaders like towkay sir John tan who own companies . After they build connections they award contract to each other.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if I'm right grass looters are actually grassroot leaders like towkay sir John tan who own companies . After they build connections they award contract to each other.

It's good to be a grassroots leader. Only fools and losers join the oppies.

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tip of the year ~ join the PAP RC instead of wasting your time here.

RC_advert.jpg

"Who is eligibility to be a RC volunteer?"

"You may drop us a email:"

PAP has gone to the dogs! Look at the kind of fucking broken English the PAP party allows its members to use?

cuckoldoolittle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Tip of the year ~ join the PAP RC instead of wasting your time here.

RC_advert.jpg
17362587_1643122752370968_5968942762981275450_n.jpg

"Who is eligibility to be a RC volunteer?"

"You may drop us a email:"

PAP has gone to the dogs! Look at the kind of fucking broken English the PAP party allows its members to use?

THE UNETHICAL PAP VS THE ETHICAL WORKERS' PARTY.

THE DEFINITION AND PRINCIPLES OF VOLUNTEERING

Volunteering is generally considered an altruistic activity where an individual or group provides services
for no financial gain
or any form of enticements "to benefit another person, group or organization".
Volunteering is also renowned for skill development and is often intended to promote goodness or to improve human quality of life.
Volunteering may have positive benefits for the volunteer as well as for the person or community served

Formal volunteering is an activity which takes place through not
for profit organisations or projects and is undertaken:

• to be of benefit to the community and the volunteer;
• of the volunteer’s own free will and without coercion, or any form of enticements;
• for no financial payment; and
• in designated volunteer positions only.

Volunteers' pay may send wrong message

When I signed up to be a Pioneer Generation Ambassador (PGA) this year,
I learnt that I would be paid for my time, which is termed as "out of pocket expenses".

PGAs work in pairs and each PGA is given $10.
Their duties are to inform pioneers about the benefits of the Pioneer Generation Package,
and to undertake data entry with the information gathered on each pioneer.

PGAs who are not able to spare the time for data entry,
but are dedicated in engaging the pioneers, are taken out from the programme
even if they have opted not to receive any reimbursement.

While this method is probably cost- and time-efficient, it sends the wrong message
if PGAs are called volunteers in all the programme materials.

It could also attract the wrong type of people and discourage
those who genuinely wish to reach out to pioneers.

It is also wrong to use the term "volunteer" on anyone who is clearly paid to
deliver a fixed amount of work. If we can call PGAs "volunteers" and pay them,
then we should also pay our grassroots leaders and perhaps pay them more handsomely.

The spirit of volunteering is about giving from the heart. Volunteering is about helping,
not hiring; giving, not taking; contributing, not calculating. Volunteers are ordinary people
who carry out extraordinary acts in big or small ways.
These acts, given freely, are what bind the community together.

If you put a price tag on volunteering, then volunteers should be called employees,
and organisations who pay volunteers, such as the PG office, should probably hire them instead.

Quek May Ling (Ms)

http://news.asiaone.com/news/mailbox/volunteers-pay-may-send-wrong-message