• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat couple refuses to leave after owing 3 years of rent forcing hougang homeowner to move

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-s...ed-flat-at-hougang-and-refuses-to-leave-after

[h=1]Couple moves into Hougang flat and refuses to leave after 3 years of skipping rent -- forcing owner to move out[/h]

Posted on 12 March 2017 | 66,487 views | 27 comments

A simple case of rental turned into a nightmare for a 51-year-old homeowner when the tenants, a couple refused to move out of his flat even after owing three years of rent, causing the victim to be homeless instead.
The owner who works at a supermarket had lived in his 3-Room flat at Hougang Avenue 8 for over 30 years, reports Shin Min Daily News via Lianhe Zaobao.
He told reporters that to supplement his income, he had started renting his house out 10 years ago.

He also divulged that all his tenants were foreigners and had never run into any troubles with them, until this local couple came along:
“The agent who recommended the couple told me that they had proper jobs and there weren’t any problems, so I decided to rent it out to them.
“I did not expect to run into such trouble.”
According to the owner, the couple moved in on Jul 2013, and although they had paid their rent as per normal for the next nine months, they suddenly stopped, and even refused to move out:
“Whenever I ask them for the rent, they would plead with me to let them stay instead.
“The woman would even kneel.
“She asked me to give them six months more to find jobs and would then return the money they owe to me.”
Not wishing to be inhumane, the owner agreed, but the situation kept repeating itself.
Finally, at his wit’s end, the owner decided to move out and rent a house from a colleague instead.
Said the owner:
“It’s been three years and I had given them many chances, yet they deliberately delay and refuse to move out.
“My family members worry for my safety and advised me to move out.”
He has lodged a police report and sought various organisations for help but the situation has not been resolved.
Said the owner in exasperation:
“I have a home, yet somehow I’m homeless and have to rent a room from someone else.
“This is laughable indeed.”
The police have confirmed the incident.
When reporters visit the unit yesterday (Mar 11) they found the couple living in the unit.
The 35-year-old woman told reporters that her husband had sustained injuries after getting into an accident while driving a cab last year.
She claimed that he had injuries on his head, and broken two of his fingers, and was unable to work.
On the other hand, she also has depression and Lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease, and was too, unable to work:
“We tried picking up soda cans, but didn’t know who to sell them to.
“Our individual family members all have troubles and are unable to help us.
"We haven't eaten in two days either.“
When asked about accusations that she had stolen before, the woman admitted that she had taken a S$1.80 soft drink from a shop, but returned the money to the shop keeper after feeling guilty about her misdeed.
The couple has also planned to move out next Friday, citing that they felt indebted to the owner, but had no idea where they should go or whom to go to for help.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: couple refuses to leave after owing 3 years of rent forcing hougang homeowner to

What a bunch of losers.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: couple refuses to leave after owing 3 years of rent forcing hougang homeowner to

Guess the race Jah. Have a go. :cool:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

guessed m&d or shit skin oh fuck got it wrong!

Well it's ok to have 1 or 2 wrong once in a while out of 100 correct can't expect to have 100% correct where's the fun in that. :biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

On the other hand, I guessed chink and got it right!

Last edited:

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guessed chink correctly! Good job my fellow Chinese dog in challenging proud chink jah to guess the race and get it wrong lowering his winning percentage!

On the other hand, I got the race right!

Good job my fellow Chinese dog! I guessed chink too and got it right! I always guess chink in all the guess the race threads and even though my winning percentage is very low like yours i don't mind!

Should get our fellow Chinese dog johntan to start more guess the race threads as he always has chinks in there as the perpetrators and increasing our winning percentage! :o

AllahPUKI

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guessed chink correctly! Good job my fellow Chinese dog in challenging proud chink jah to guess the race and get it wrong lowering his winning percentage!

Good job my fellow Chinese dog! I guessed chink too and got it right! I always guess chink in all the guess the race threads and even though my winning percentage is very low like yours i don't mind!

Should get our fellow Chinese dog johntan to start more guess the race threads as he always has chinks in there as the perpetrators and increasing our winning percentage! :o
good job my fellow islampuki dog. we mooslem babis are genetically programmed to fuck our own mothers and daughters and sometimes pets and camels. AllahPUKI

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hougang ? Who did the owner vote for ? Wtf is the MP doing ?