• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Job Search Company Will Fine You $1000 If You Report Their Shenanigans To Police!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
terms-660x330.jpg

A 48-year-old woman was told that she had to pay a fine of S$1,000 for ‘causing inconvenience’ after lodging a police report, accusing a website of having taken S$250 from her and not upholding the end of their bargain to help in her job search.

Despite the shady clause mentioned in the contract, the woman decided ultimately to make a police report, reports Lianhe Wanbao.

The victim told reporters that she had come across an advertisement for a job which offered S$2,500 monthly for an administrative role.

After contacting the company offering the job, she was told to go to an office in Tanjong Pagar for an interview.

Upon reaching the interview venue however, she discovered that the company was a job search company and that she was required to make a payment of S$250 before she would be introduced to the actual company which was hiring.

According to the victim, the point of contact had greatly recommended their job search services and claimed to have close working relationships with many companies:

“They guaranteed results and even told me: ‘If you don’t get a job after engaging our services, we will refund you the S$250.’

Eager to find a job at that point, the victim did not thought much of it and went home to await news from the company.

However, after a few weeks, there was still no response from them.

Said the victim:

“I tried going down to the office a few times to ask for a refund, but they rejected my request every time and told me to wait for them to contact me.”

She finally could not tolerate it anymore and decided to lodge a police report, accusing the company of taking her money and not delivering on its promises.

Before lodging the report, she flipped through the contract and realised that there was a clause that stated if the person who had signed the contract were to lodge a police report, he or she would be breaching the terms of contract and be subjected to a S$1,000 ‘inconvenience fee’.

The victim felt ‘shocked and threatened’ upon reading the terms, but ultimately chose to report the case to both the police and Consumers Association Of Singapore (CASE).

Said the victim:

“I hope that no one ends up like me.

“Those who are looking for jobs eagerly, please be more careful.”

The victim also added that she had met several more victims who had accused said company of the same misdeed, including one who had paid over S$600.

http://www.todayupfeed.com/job-sear...1k-causing-incovenience-lodges-police-report/

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've always been intrigued by scams like these.
The scammers aren't very smart and it's unsustainable and big hassle for small money.
I mean it's one thing to scam rich fools and maybe even rich desperate folks but never scam desperate hardup folks cause this group are out of jobs probably next meal got problem and you go and scam their last dollar. I'm sure they will hound you endlessly as they got nothing much to lose.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The scammers aren't very smart and it's unsustainable and big hassle for small money.
I mean it's one thing to scam rich fools and maybe even rich desperate folks but never scam desperate hardup folks cause this group are out of jobs probably next meal got problem and you go and scam their last dollar. I'm sure they will hound you endlessly as they got nothing much to lose.

E2i wda also tried to scam unemployed desperate job seekers to sign up for courses without able to use cpf and must pay cash and without securing a job first.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

unsustainable and big hassle?do u know how many desperate jobless fools there are in singapore?just imagine how many of these scam contracts they sign a day,i say its a bigger cashcow than insurance.

also most sinkies are timid and pushovers and kiasee,and mostly keyboard warriors,80 or 90 percent would just drop it after awhile and call it a lesson learnt,only a tiny handful would actually cause a stink and go after them,but these companies are well prepared like the debt collection agencies and loanshark agencies that have armies of bengs and thugs,and lawyered up the ass if necessary,but i doubt it,most of these jobless sinkies are too broke to do anything except file report to a enunch and balless spf that isnt going to do anything except escalate to a CASE which is even more spineless and balless.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
E2i wda also tried to scam unemployed desperate job seekers to sign up for courses without able to use cpf and must pay cash and without securing a job first.

That scam run by pap the biggest mafia in the land so no recourse.
Just like water daylight robbery all sinkies held to ransom.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unsustainable and big hassle?do u know how many desperate jobless fools there are in singapore?just imagine how many of these scam contracts they sign a day,i say its a bigger cashcow than insurance.

also most sinkies are timid and pushovers and kiasee,and mostly keyboard warriors,80 or 90 percent would just drop it after awhile and call it a lesson learnt,only a tiny handful would actually cause a stink and go after them,but these companies are well prepared like the debt collection agencies and loanshark agencies that have armies of bengs and thugs,and lawyered up the ass if necessary,but i doubt it,most of these jobless sinkies are too broke to do anything except file report to a enunch and balless spf that isnt going to do anything except escalate to a CASE which is even more spineless and balless.

I guess you are right.
This is a recession proof scam. In fact it thrives in bad economy. The more jobless the better the business.
I think I'll start a similar model.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
license all HR pple and jail them for infraction........ this will bring discipline to the trade which is infested with ftrashes or local scums who try to beat the system and/or press down sgian in their own country

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess you are right.
This is a recession proof scam. In fact it thrives in bad economy. The more jobless the better the business.
I think I'll start a similar model.

I think the parallel car importers model is better. You offer a Benz or BMC at Camry price and sinkies will rush to place deposits with you. Tried and tested. So far no siao no sick of the culprits being arrested.