• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat [Medical Alert] Fake doctor (race?) in Oz told neighbours he went to Sinkieland liao

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Fake doctor' Shyam Acharya 'told his neighbours he went to Singapore'

Updated Sat at 12:38pm

Key points:

• A clinical research company reported a doctor working for them to the medical practitioners registry last year
  • Many government agencies are now making inquiries into the fraudulent doctor, including the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
  • The fake doctor used the identity of a respected rheumatology doctor who is still practising in the UK

PHOTO:
Shyam Acharya allegedly practiced under Sarang Chitale's name for 11 years. (Supplied)

Neighbours of the man who allegedly pretended to be Dr Sarang Chitale say they have not seen him for months and when they contacted him he told them he was working overseas.

Shyam Acharya allegedly masqueraded as UK doctor Sarang Chitale in four New South Wales public hospitals over a decade.
The ABC understands Mr Acharya has left the country.

"I have been doing a lot of back and forth trips to Singapore. I will be back on 31st March," a text message reportedly sent from Mr Acharya to his neighbours in January read.

Neighbours confirmed the man lived at the property with his young daughter and his wife, who they said kept to herself.

Residents in North Ryde said the man was a nice person and a good neighbour.

They said they had no reason to be suspect he was not qualified and appeared to know what he was doing when he recommended treatment for one of the neighbour's sick children.

Plans to seize North Ryde home

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard has confirmed he plans to seize a home owned by Mr Acharya in North Ryde worth a reported $1.5 million, taking back wages earnt from working in the state's public hospitals.

He said money from the sale of the home would go towards recouping the wages paid to the fraudulent doctor by NSW Health, which brought Mr Acharya into the country in 2003 on a skilled migration visa.

"We will be doing everything we can to recover the cost of the house so taxpayers can get their money back," Mr Hazzard said.

"He owes us that money."

Mr Hazzard is also pushing for an independent review into the incidentto restore faith in NSW Health.

Mr Acharya is alleged to have fraudulently gained registration with the Medical Board of NSW in 2003 and worked as a doctor in Wyong, Gosford, Hornsby and Manly.

He also worked for pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca, followed by clinical research company Novotech, who alerted authorities to their suspicions of fraud last year.

Mr Acharya is now facing charges of breaching the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law in a Sydney court.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection said it was aware of visa fraud allegations and investigations were underway.

PHOTO: The Government said they would use Shyam Acharya's Sydney home to claw back public funds. (Supplied: Google Maps)
Real Dr Chitale a valued member in NHS Trust

A branch of Britain's National Health Service (NHS) said it was "shocked" to hear the identity of one of its doctors was allegedly being misused.

The real Dr Chitale works in England with the Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust.

They released a statement calling Dr Chitale a "valued member" of the rheumatology department.

"We were shocked to hear of the deception that had taken place in Australia in Dr Chitale's name," the statement read.

"The General Medical Council is aware of the fraud and has been helping the Australian health authorities with their investigations.

"We would like to stress that Dr Chitale is very much the victim in this diabolical fraudulent act.

"The trust is providing Dr Chitale all the support and advice he needs to deal with this very upsetting case of identity theft."

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [Medical Alert] Fake doctor (race?) in Oz told neighbours he went to Sinkieland l

'Fake doctor' Shyam Acharya well known for lack of medical knowledge, former colleague claims

By David Marchese
Updated Sat at 2:47am

Key points:

• Former Gosford Hospital colleague claims Shyam Asharya's medical knowledge was "pretty shabby"
  • Doctor said staff "cut him some slack" because Asharya was new to the Australian medical system
  • NSW Health said the local health district had no documented complaints

PHOTO: A passport which shows Shyam Acharya but uses Sarang Chitale's details. (Supplied)

The man who allegedly pretended to be a doctor in New South Wales hospitals for more than a decade was well known for his lack of medical knowledge and poor behaviour, according to a former colleague.

Shyam Acharya allegedly spent 11 years working at hospitals at Gosford, Wyong, Hornsby and Manly under the stolen identity, Sarang Chitale.

He remains on the run with Australian authorities believing he has fled overseas.

A former colleague of Mr Acharya who worked with him as a junior doctor at Gosford Hospital in 2003 has told the ABC he was not surprised when news of the alleged fraud was made public this week.

"The moment I heard his name I remembered him," the doctor said.

"I remembered him with fear and loathing. It suddenly all made sense."

The doctor, who asked to remain anonymous, said he spent several months with Mr Acharya while they were working as junior doctors in the hospital's emergency department.

"There were at least five or six other doctors that were convinced that he was pretty shabby, that his medicine was unsavoury and that patients that he tried to hand over were not worked up very well," he said.

"I wouldn't have taken his assessments for face value. He had a reputation of being very fast and not very thorough."

NSW Health said Central Coast Local Health District had received no documented complaints and did not have any performance issues reported to them.

Doctors 'cut him some slack'

The doctor said he found Mr Acharya to be "aggressive" and "defensive" at work, especially if anyone questioned his medical decisions.

"A fair few of the other doctors that I was working with had similar issues to me with him and with his medicine," he said.

"But given the fact that he was new to the country and new to the Australian medical system, everyone cut him some slack."

While maintaining the training environment on the Central Coast was very good, the doctor said the workload was intense.

Asked whether he or any of the other junior doctors took their concerns about Mr Acharya further, he said it did not seem appropriate.

"It's usually left in the hands of the educator, of the supervising doctor, to decide," the doctor said.

"Everyone was so stressed just trying to get through the shift and trying to hold it together."

Acharya facing charges in court

Australian Medical Association of New South Wales president Brad Frankum said the claims are serious.

"If this is true and this doctor was not performing up to the standard that he should have, I would have hoped that that was being addressed at the time. If not, that's not good enough," he said.

"There's sometimes some leeway for junior doctors because everybody takes a different period of time to reach certain levels of competency."

Mr Acharya is now facing charges of breaching the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law in a Sydney court.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection said it was aware of visa fraud allegations, and investigations were underway.

Mr Acharya's former colleague said he was surprised just one complaint had been made about the man's work so far.

"I'm sure there were more," he said.

"The medical fraternity rarely ever accepts any complaints as genuine. It goes to show just how perfectly the system works."

But he stressed the importance of not vilifying those from foreign backgrounds.

"It's easy to find a scapegoat as the foreign doctor, when really the same holds true for Australian doctors," he said.

"There's a lot of bad apples that are Australian-trained and Australian born and that do not perform to Australian standards."

Mr Acharya later worked for one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, AstraZeneca.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [Medical Alert] Fake doctor (race?) in Oz told neighbours he went to Sinkieland l

Shitskin monkey should be shot 10 times.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1488961911285.jpg

06f.jpg

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spore shld starts digging up the credentials of All foreign doctors n professionls...i am v sure there are mny with fake degree....damn those bunch of clowns that shld be checking....sighhhh

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

I have said this many times. The way the system works all around the world favors the quacks. First complaints are usually brought to the college by patients and not other doctors. So all the quack has to do is give the patient whatever he or she wants. I bet the quack loved to see drug seekers. If patient is happy getting what they want there will be no complaints. Patients have little idea what is good and bad medicine. Give you an example. Guy comes in with abdominal pain. What does he want? He wants the pain to go away. Quack gives him morphine. Pain goes away. Patient comes back next shift with other symptoms like vomiting etc. It is next shift doctors problem. No complaint from patient. In fact the patient may even compliment the quack cos at least he made the pain go away.

The only way to weed these quacks out is to have ridiculously difficult screening and exams before they get into the system. Like in Canada. Once in the system the patients are the ones who keep the quacks in the system.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Spore shld starts digging up the credentials of All foreign doctors n professionls...i am v sure there are mny with fake degree....damn those bunch of clowns that shld be checking....sighhhh

This will NEVER happen because all the kin of deceased patients will be suing hospitals and MoH

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i bet when all the shitskin mommys and daddys meant when they said to their shitskin piglets u could be anything when u grow up,this is what they meant.....u could be doctor,u could be I.T programmer,u could work in SG or Australia,as long as u have fake degree.........que sera sera,whatever will be will be....u are born with a gifted tongue to bullshit u see.....que sera sera

[video=youtube;xZbKHDPPrrc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc[/video]

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

India is land of cobras. Either u are more venomous than snake or u die.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have said this many times. The way the system works all around the world favors the quacks. First complaints are usually brought to the college by patients and not other doctors. So all the quack has to do is give the patient whatever he or she wants. I bet the quack loved to see drug seekers. If patient is happy getting what they want there will be no complaints. Patients have little idea what is good and bad medicine. Give you an example. Guy comes in with abdominal pain. What does he want? He wants the pain to go away. Quack gives him morphine. Pain goes away. Patient comes back next shift with other symptoms like vomiting etc. It is next shift doctors problem. No complaint from patient. In fact the patient may even compliment the quack cos at least he made the pain go away.

The only way to weed these quacks out is to have ridiculously difficult screening and exams before they get into the system. Like in Canada. Once in the system the patients are the ones who keep the quacks in the system.

For local doctors, the scary ones are those who commit administrative errors. I have met on 2 occasions. 1 used a year old record of blood test to prescribe medication . I later called the clinic to clarify as I have the hardcopy report with me. The doc quickly called and apologise . I gave chance .
2nd wad a veteran eye doctor, appeared in cna interview before. He prescribed me something way above my prescription by above -1.0 . See him old I didn't pursue the matter.
I'm just too kind .

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

So he went Singapore on fake aussie passport. SPF shd arrest him.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal

For local doctors, the scary ones are those who commit administrative errors. I have met on 2 occasions. 1 used a year old record of blood test to prescribe medication . I later called the clinic to clarify as I have the hardcopy report with me. The doc quickly called and apologise . I gave chance .
2nd wad a veteran eye doctor, appeared in cna interview before. He prescribed me something way above my prescription by above -1.0 . See him old I didn't pursue the matter.
I'm just too kind .

In sg the problems ones i faced are usually retiree locums. One even made a wrong decision that almost spelled death for a family member that the hospital he was subsequently referred to made a report . How screwed is that. Not us but the hospital made a report. Maybe its the ego of being a pioneer doctor that they think they've seen everything. You come in with complain they wouldnt even inspect... they just say confirm its this and this and out you go.....

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

I'm just too kind .

Those are mistakes lah. Doctors are also human. Nothing to do with whether one is a fake doctor. If anything fake doctors have to up their game and never make admin errors but have poor medical knowledge in them.

I am sure you would be one of those who would be impressed with a fake doctor.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

In sg the problems ones i faced are usually retiree locums. One even made a wrong decision that almost spelled death for a family member that the hospital he was subsequently referred to made a report . How screwed is that. Not us but the hospital made a report. Maybe its the ego of being a pioneer doctor that they think they've seen everything. You come in with complain they wouldnt even inspect... they just say confirm its this and this and out you go.....

And I am telling you fake doctors would hold your hand check you top to bottom and have no inkling what they are doing. Neither will you. Then order lots of tests.

Exactly what patients want. As I said patients are the ones who keep fake doctors working in the system.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Those are mistakes lah. Doctors are also human. Nothing to do with whether one is a fake doctor. If anything fake doctors have to up their game and never make admin errors but have poor medical knowledge in them.

I am sure you would be one of those who would be impressed with a fake doctor.

Docs who committed errors should have their license revoke or suspended, similar to a reckless driver.

You are wrong . I respect doc who explain clearly to patience , unfortunately most doc are too proud to do that basic thing.
I also highly respect doc who bend the rule to admit a patient to fasten the queueing process for tests like ctscan, mri etc. In sg due to overcrowd and limited resources, many lives were taken without them knowing due to queuing.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Docs who committed errors should have their license revoke or suspended, similar to a reckless driver.

You are wrong . I respect doc who explain clearly to patience , unfortunately most doc are too proud to do that basic thing.
I also highly respect doc who bend the rule to admit a patient to fasten the queueing process for tests like ctscan, mri etc. In sg due to overcrowd and limited resources, many lives were taken without them knowing due to queuing.

i dont think medicine is an exact science,at least we are not at that stage yet,human errors do occur during diagnosis which is why its important for the customer to exercise caveat emptor and go for second opinion.thats why it better to consult a holistic healer whose in touch with the eastern and western medical fields,the ying and the yang.my holistic healer whose also a 100 percent native american cherokee indian "He Who Brings Shit from Afar" once told me its in the best interest of the medical industry that u remain sick,u are not a patient,ur a customer. The throat is the gateway to the lungs.tonsilitis,adnoititis is in chinese medical terms an invasion of heat an wind.

[video=youtube;E8I-Hy2vC8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8I-Hy2vC8Y[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[video=youtube;i-dwEkSvDsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dwEkSvDsw[/video]

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

You are just like the typical Asian patients in Canada. All want to jump queue. No sense of fairness.

Aiyah enough said lah. Sinkies full of crap

Talk about explain look at Sinkies like Tan Kin Lian post saying doctor explain everything want him to make his own decision with informed risk and consent means doctor lousy.

Sinkies suck big time. Love to complain about doctors. Straits Times favourite stories also to bash doctors. Good things nobody want to talk about

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are just like the typical Asian patients in Canada. All want to jump queue. No sense of fairness.

Aiyah enough said lah. Sinkies full of crap

Talk about explain look at Sinkies like Tan Kin Lian post saying doctor explain everything want him to make his own decision with informed risk and consent means doctor lousy.

Sinkies suck big time

Of course the rule of thumb by doc is to prioritise the urgency. But in reality there are many who were too late to queue. As such , knowing is due to limited resources, the appointments made for outpatient should be done 24x7 . Just becos clinic want to work office hour life's should be compromised?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Of course the rule of thumb by doc is to prioritise the urgency. But in reality there are many who were too late to queue. As such , knowing is due to limited resources, the appointments made for outpatient should be done 24x7 . Just becos clinic want to work office hour life's should be compromised?

Eh hello. What are you talking about? What life compromise? Are you talking about emergency situations at the ED? That one nothing to queue lah. Emergency straight away do scan.

You talking about what type of condition? Queue is wait how long? What time frame? 1 week? 1 day?

What are your expectations?

Anyway in Singapore you got the system people say is best got money can do any scan same day.

In Canada we prioritize by need only dun care who you are ow much money you have and you know what ? Asian patient kpkb why not tomorrow?

What the heck is "too late to queue"?

There is no pleasing everyone lah.