• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat AWARE angry at discounts at TANGS

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are talking about director jobs pay 43 percent different not regular jobs.

and i have a good reason for that,why only 8 percent women are directors......firstly 90 percent of companies in Singapore are started by men anyway this proves that sinkie women are useless and we dont need them,would u rather give ur company board seats to savvy and experienced businessmen and entrepreneurs or to some corporate ladder climber and clueless people who dunno what to do telling us what to do.look at what happened when they made ng yat chun and desmond quek ceo,shit falls apart.have u ever encountered the dilbert conundrum in the business world?where ur boss is somehow a complete fucking idiot and somehow hes the manager and ur not?

secondly,women are more likely to be conservative and less likely to be risk takers,follow law by law and obediant and not question authority and more likely to vote for PAP,as a businessman,do u want ur entire fucking boardroom to be filled with women,constantly telling u u cant do this u cant do that,no the budget is not enough,there is not enough time,we have to follow regulations and obey the rules,we have to apply for this permit and that permit,market conditions are bad right now,we should not expand or R&D or expand overseas lets play it safe and stick to selling kopi kaya and toast in Singapore......if ur boardroom is filled with guys,"our company is heavily in debt and haemorraging money!!!""no problem lets invest 3 billion into R&D in new product line now and expand into Indonesia,China and Australia!!" "what u mean our algorithm will bankrupt the company and destroy the economy if the market falls by 2 percent?" "no problem install it!!the risk are well worth the rewards!!"

So you are saying women directors are paid 43% less and deserved it due to they are conservative while men are high risk takers? I am no business expert but there is a famous businessman who is conservative and very successful..Li Ka Shing. And he said the opposite of you I.E reducing risk instead of taking high risk to be successful in business.

https://wiki.smu.edu.sg/1213T2is427g1/Li_Ka_Shing

"In his own words, Li’s flagship company Chueng Kong Enterprise has “never been in financial trouble” (Evan Carmichael 2006). Li’s willingness to take risks with money did not increase in proportion to his wealth. Li’s conservative approach stems from his early days in business, when Li had to make every dollar count.
If Li Ka Shing enjoys risk, he does not show it. Unlike risk-taking entrepreneurs, Li claims that “risk should not be part of the equation” (Evan Carmichael 2006). Psychology Today quotes from studies that show that entrepreneurs aren’t always “risk-takers” (Marian J 1997). Li’s motives are not based on a personal need for risk, rather, Li’s motive to achieve success and avoid failure drives him in two directions; those of entrepreneurial venture, but also into the direction of reducing risk.
According to Bosky, with business going well, some entrepreneurs recognize that they now have something to lose and become paralysed, strangling their potential, whilst others enjoy risk-taking behaviour leading to the other extreme (Brodsky N 2005). However Li has not joined this trend and as a self-proclaimed “risk-averse entrepreneur”, he goes to any length to reduce the risks inherent in his actions (Evan Carmichael 2006). This attitude towards risk saw Li not only enter cautiously into his ventures, but confidently; confident in the knowledge that he had examined every scenario and was prepared for the worst contingencies. When they eventuate, Li is prepared and can keep calm under pressure. "

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you are saying women directors are paid 43% less and deserved it due to they are conservative while men are high risk takers? I am no business expert but there is a famous businessman who is conservative and very successful..Li Ka Shing. And he said the opposite of you I.E reducing risk instead of taking high risk to be successful in business.

https://wiki.smu.edu.sg/1213T2is427g1/Li_Ka_Shing

"In his own words, Li’s flagship company Chueng Kong Enterprise has “never been in financial trouble” (Evan Carmichael 2006). Li’s willingness to take risks with money did not increase in proportion to his wealth. Li’s conservative approach stems from his early days in business, when Li had to make every dollar count.
If Li Ka Shing enjoys risk, he does not show it. Unlike risk-taking entrepreneurs, Li claims that “risk should not be part of the equation” (Evan Carmichael 2006). Psychology Today quotes from studies that show that entrepreneurs aren’t always “risk-takers” (Marian J 1997). Li’s motives are not based on a personal need for risk, rather, Li’s motive to achieve success and avoid failure drives him in two directions; those of entrepreneurial venture, but also into the direction of reducing risk.
According to Bosky, with business going well, some entrepreneurs recognize that they now have something to lose and become paralysed, strangling their potential, whilst others enjoy risk-taking behaviour leading to the other extreme (Brodsky N 2005). However Li has not joined this trend and as a self-proclaimed “risk-averse entrepreneur”, he goes to any length to reduce the risks inherent in his actions (Evan Carmichael 2006). This attitude towards risk saw Li not only enter cautiously into his ventures, but confidently; confident in the knowledge that he had examined every scenario and was prepared for the worst contingencies. When they eventuate, Li is prepared and can keep calm under pressure. "

u have no idea what risk means when li ka shing talks about risk taking,when i first started playing poker my nature as a poker player was a very conservative and timid poker player,i put every effort i could to distance myself from risk and minimize variance and chance of losing.....cause the fear and pain of losing what iv already got far outweight the pleasure i could get from any potential gain.i was in essence a very kiasee poker player.it took me more than two years to try to overcome that fear as i slowly realise risk is the cornerstone to achieving ever greater heights and breaking free of my mental glass ceiling and psychological barrier which was my fear.

when li ka shing talks about risk,its nothing u or i or any ordinary human being have experienced.i remember watching a interview on steve wynn once,the king of las vegas hotels.the interviewer had asked him about risk taking and he shared a story about giving michael jackson a tour of the mirage in 1990s,his biggest one yet,which he had already sunk over $400 million dollars into.at one point michael jackson asked him "how do you sleep at night?"Risk has never been a comfortable matter with him even after nearly 2 decades in the business,however he believe the ability to stomach risk if and when it arises and whenever necessary ,the ability to pull the trigger when ur knowledge and instincts tells u when the moment the right opportunity presents itself is the hallmark of a successful entrepreneur.besides he had already done his homework,gone over the plans hundreds of times,examine every detail and possible scenario before even laying the first stone.they already knew what they were doing before spending the first dime.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for sinkie uncles frequenting geylang fuckshops, being aware of risks is like they know they will contract nasty std's if they pay more and go raw with pink looking abalones. on the other (jerking) hand, taking risks is like going raw with infested black abalones anyway since uncles already went raw before and very likely contracted natural organic range-free cauliflower disease.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
u have no idea what risk means when li ka shing talks about risk taking,when i first started playing poker my nature as a poker player was a very conservative and timid poker player,i put every effort i could to distance myself from risk and minimize variance and chance of losing.....cause the fear and pain of losing what iv already got far outweight the pleasure i could get from any potential gain.i was in essence a very kiasee poker player.it took me more than two years to try to overcome that fear as i slowly realise risk is the cornerstone to achieving ever greater heights and breaking free of my mental glass ceiling and psychological barrier which was my fear.

when li ka shing talks about risk,its nothing u or i or any ordinary human being have experienced.i remember watching a interview on steve wynn once,the king of las vegas hotels.the interviewer had asked him about risk taking and he shared a story about giving michael jackson a tour of the mirage in 1990s,his biggest one yet,which he had already sunk over $400 million dollars into.at one point michael jackson asked him "how do you sleep at night?"Risk has never been a comfortable matter with him even after nearly 2 decades in the business,however he believe the ability to stomach risk if and when it arises and whenever necessary ,the ability to pull the trigger when ur knowledge and instincts tells u when the moment the right opportunity presents itself is the hallmark of a successful entrepreneur.besides he had already done his homework,gone over the plans hundreds of times,examine every detail and possible scenario before even laying the first stone.they already knew what they were doing before spending the first dime.

Of course Li Ka Shing is no ordinary human being like you and i when he talks about risk, but his conservative approach towards risk taking in doing business is the same since day one when he was poor. Below is extracted from the same article.

"Manage money wisely - "I needed to save every penny…I needed to be strong, and needed to find some way to secure a future. That’s why I am always conservative. I never forget to maintain stability while advancing, and I never forget to advance while maintaining stability." "But how many times have you heard that Cheung Kong’s finances were in trouble over the last fifty years? Never; the reason is, we are always prepared for the worst. That is my policy."

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course Li Ka Shing is no ordinary human being like you and i when he talks about risk, but his conservative approach towards risk taking in doing business is the same since day one when he was poor. Below is extracted from the same article.

"Manage money wisely - "I needed to save every penny…I needed to be strong, and needed to find some way to secure a future. That’s why I am always conservative. I never forget to maintain stability while advancing, and I never forget to advance while maintaining stability." "But how many times have you heard that Cheung Kong’s finances were in trouble over the last fifty years? Never; the reason is, we are always prepared for the worst. That is my policy."

we all do all we can to reduce the amount of risk we have to bear,because risk is no fun,risk is bad,risk is downside,losing is painful and people remember the pain from losing more than they remember the joy from winning.yes li ka shing does all he can to minimize risk,but it doesnt mean he doesnt have to take risks,it doesnt mean he can avoid all risks.its impossible to win unless u risk something understand?when the moment comes,when that fateful moment arrives,what u choose to do decides ur fate,and that moment comes sooner or later for everyone and it doesnt just happens once,this critical juncture happens over and over again in the course of one's lifetime or career and what the individual does will determine whether u go down in history as the greatest of all time,all u will simply be mediocre and average,most people when the heat gets too hot and the pressure gets too high when faced with too much aggression when the stakes gets too high,they run away and hide and lick their wounds. keyword " I never forget to maintain stability while advancing, and I never forget to advance while maintaining stability." how does one advance?only by taking risks,even when Li ka shing maintains stability he never stops advancing and taking risks"

read richard branson's bio "losing my virginity" the first book,in one of the chapter he describes the time he had to sell his beloved music company,Virgin records,his first baby that he created and grew into a huge success,for 140 million in order to help rescue his new startup airline company that was in trouble,that was a brilliant example of risk taking.

the problem with the world is most people are conservative,they are highly risk adverse and prefer to play it safe and do whats tried and tested.its the same when it comes to the poker world or the investing world or business world or their careers,the problem is not risk taking,the problem is most sinkies are highly risk adverse and timid and conservative,being too cautious,too afraid and timid can be a bad thing,it pushes them to the other extreme,it forces them to make decisions that are not optimal out of irrational fear,and will actually stunt their progress and growth,they value safety and their comfort zone too much to the point they become stagnant.if u are too conservative,too fearful and too timid sure u can still win,but u will only win peanuts,u will never get anywhere,u win never grow,u will never break ur old ceilings and establish new records.keypoint from ur quote "According to Bosky, with business going well, some entrepreneurs recognize that they now have something to lose and become paralysed, strangling their potential, whilst others enjoy risk-taking behaviour leading to the other extreme"

i frequent investing forums both sinkie and overseas,and do u know how many sinkies i see keep obssessing over CPF interests,SRS accounts,Singapore SSG bonds,high interest savings accounts and fixed deposits,the same blue chip stocks the same index funds?day after day,week after week,month after month,year after year.they know all the theory and the textbook formulas back to back and on the back of their hands like squeezing water from a rock but i never see them suggest maybe we try something else riskier for once,maybe real estate investing,or starting a small online business,or maybe looking for ways to increase alpha and reduce beta in the stock market.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
we all do all we can to reduce the amount of risk we have to bear,because risk is no fun,risk is bad,risk is downside,losing is painful and people remember the pain from losing more than they remember the joy from winning.yes li ka shing does all he can to minimize risk,but it doesnt mean he doesnt have to take risks,it doesnt mean he can avoid all risks.its impossible to win unless u risk something understand?when the moment comes,when that fateful moment arrives,what u choose to do decides ur fate,and that moment comes sooner or later for everyone and it doesnt just happens once,this critical juncture happens over and over again in the course of one's lifetime or career and what the individual does will determine whether u go down in history as the greatest of all time,all u will simply be mediocre and average,most people when the heat gets too hot and the pressure gets too high when faced with too much aggression when the stakes gets too high,they run away and hide and lick their wounds. keyword " I never forget to maintain stability while advancing, and I never forget to advance while maintaining stability." how does one advance?only by taking risks,even when Li ka shing maintains stability he never stops advancing and taking risks"

read richard branson's bio "losing my virginity" the first book,in one of the chapter he describes the time he had to sell his beloved music company,Virgin records,his first baby that he created and grew into a huge success,for 140 million in order to help rescue his new startup airline company that was in trouble,that was a brilliant example of risk taking.

the problem with the world is most people are conservative,they are highly risk adverse and prefer to play it safe and do whats tried and tested.its the same when it comes to the poker world or the investing world or business world or their careers,the problem is not risk taking,the problem is most sinkies are highly risk adverse and timid and conservative,being too cautious,too afraid and timid can be a bad thing,it pushes them to the other extreme,it forces them to make decisions that are not optimal out of irrational fear,and will actually stunt their progress and growth,they value safety and their comfort zone too much to the point they become stagnant.if u are too conservative,too fearful and too timid sure u can still win,but u will only win peanuts,u will never get anywhere,u win never grow,u will never break ur old ceilings and establish new records.keypoint from ur quote "According to Bosky, with business going well, some entrepreneurs recognize that they now have something to lose and become paralysed, strangling their potential, whilst others enjoy risk-taking behaviour leading to the other extreme"

i frequent investing forums both sinkie and overseas,and do u know how many sinkies i see keep obssessing over CPF interests,SRS accounts,Singapore SSG bonds,high interest savings accounts and fixed deposits,the same blue chip stocks the same index funds?day after day,week after week,month after month,year after year.they know all the theory and the textbook formulas back to back and on the back of their hands like squeezing water from a rock but i never see them suggest maybe we try something else riskier for once,maybe real estate investing,or starting a small online business,or maybe looking for ways to increase alpha and reduce beta in the stock market.

At the end of day, we have to know not everyone is cut out or even interested to be a businessman or businesswoman. But if you are talking about personal investment risk, that's a different thing altogether that everyone should do to grow your money. And no risk no return indeed. But Li Ka Shing's motto is very good to keep in mind to prevent a case of over leveraged and need to jump or sell your body when your investment value dropped by say 30%. Btw this 30% is not I say one but a mudlander bastard in Living in JB forum who said anything goes including selling his old chickens at home if his personal assets value dropped 30%. Another case of ownself like that accused others to be like that hahahah.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to gender inequality, women today are cheaper, better and faster than their male colleagues, especially those who still have to serve reservist. Maybe I should fire all the men in my company and replace them with women who will do the same work for lower pay.

More women in leadership position have been proven to add productivity to the workplace. So it is beneficial to business to have more women in leadership roles even if it means doing some affirmative action in the company.

http://wallstreetinsanity.com/14-ways-businesses-benefit-from-having-women-in-leadership-positions/

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the end of day, we have to know not everyone is cut out or even interested to be a businessman or businesswoman. But if you are talking about personal investment risk, that's a different thing altogether that everyone should do to grow your money. And no risk no return indeed. But Li Ka Shing's motto is very good to keep in mind to prevent a case of over leveraged and need to jump or sell your body when your investment value dropped by say 30%. Btw this 30% is not I say one but a mudlander bastard in Living in JB forum who said anything goes including selling his old chickens at home if his personal assets value dropped 30%. Another case of ownself like that accused others to be like that hahahah.

rubbish,its in our blood,its in our genes.Chinese is the race to invent the phrase "show me the money" or "pay me my money".Chinese are born to be businessmen,merchants.we are the only race in the world to travel thousands of miles across the ocean to white man country to go to black neighbourhood to set up Kwik e Mart and bottle shop.Now China is in africa rapidly expanding and bringing prosperity.Why are Chinks bad at driving but good at maths?Even our genes are built that way,its in our natural instincts,our capitalist blood.ever since i was young i already knew/sensed i was born to make money.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
rubbish,its in our blood,its in our genes.Chinese is the race to invent the phrase "show me the money" or "pay me my money".Chinese are born to be businessmen,merchants.we are the only race in the world to travel thousands of miles across the ocean to white man country to go to black neighbourhood to set up Kwik e Mart and bottle shop.Now China is in africa rapidly expanding and bringing prosperity.Why are Chinks bad at driving but good at maths?Even our genes are built that way,its in our natural instincts,our capitalist blood.ever since i was young i already knew/sensed i was born to make money.

Your sister who is autistic kids teacher is the best example not everyone is cut out to be entrepreneurs and if everyone is boss then where are the workers? And who is going to be school teachers, nurses etc? I watch TV before some China big company officer said becos they developed their industry later than the west, so most of the easy pie is already taken up by the western companies and thus China went to Africa etc.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your sister who is autistic kids teacher is the best example not everyone is cut out to be entrepreneurs and if everyone is boss then where are the workers? And who is going to be school teachers, nurses etc? I watch TV before some China big company officer said becos they developed their industry later than the west, so most of the easy pie is already taken up by the western companies and thus China went to Africa etc.

thats because she is and i quote "a woman",from young they start to divert,just one little chromosome makes all the difference,thank god she isnt an "aware" bitch though,though she might have shown some inclination though when i saw her reading some dangerous material.but not a full blown "aware" bitch i think.

))))))))))))
)))))))))))))))))
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

actually most people are already businessmen and business owners just that they dont realise it,if u dont have any skills and want to start a small company wheres the best place to do it?small business doesnt have to be a big organization with hundreds of workers selling a product or service,small business can just be you alone,or with a few partners and a few workers doing a few hundred thousand dollars or a few million sales a year.say u want to start a accounting firm or a logistics and supply chain company,u can simply join the SAF and be a storeman and learn the ropes while on their dime,as a storeman u learn various things that are important to many businesses,such as logistics, indenting stock,using barcodes and serial numbers and a computer system to manage ur inventory,stock taking,sourcing for suppliers for the cheapest and best quality,receiving goods,warehousing so later u can send out the items to the customers who wants them,packing,shipping,listing,optimizing ur price and sales,doing product and market research etc,learning to use the SAP system.

however people dont realise how much value they are leaving on the table,the profit they are missing out if they are working on their own.imagine u are running a small online amazon ebay business doing 2k sales a week and 50 percent profit margin......not too bad but nothing fantastic.that shipment u did that week just put 1k in ur pocket and it might have taken like 3 or 4 hours a day?imagine u are working in SAF doing the same bullshit with the exception that SAF doesnt sell anything they just buy and buy more stuff cause the SAF got unlimited budget......u are there from 9am to 5pm everyday monday doing the same mundane job over and over again in the same fucking building with a bunch of people u dont really want to see,but no matter how hard u work,how much money u try to save or earn the company,not a single extra dime goes into ur pocket,u make a flat rate of $10 an hour,with any luck after 10 years of 5 percent increments and enough promotions u might be making 3 or 4k a month.ur a slave to the company,the company owns ur ass five or six days a week,u only get 2 weeks a year off a year.....and if u fuck up u get canned....

compared to running ur own business,it can scale to whatever height u want,amazon has already built the infrastructure for you,the shipping,warehousing,fulfillment centers,if u do 10 sales a day,amazon's army of workers is ready to help u pack,label and ship 10 orders out 24/7,if u do 10k of orders a month,amazon is ready to help u fulfil 10k of orders,if u do 700k sales a year amazon can do that,if u do 3.5 million a year amazon can do that.....u dont have to rent a warehouse,hire a dozen employees,sit there 12 hours a day sorting crap,packing and labelling stuff and sending them out for shipping.....although if u are doing 7 million sales a year u probably have to,ur business is too big to fit inside ur living room or garage anymore.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats because she is and i quote "a woman",from young they start to divert,just one little chromosome makes all the difference,thank god she isnt an "aware" bitch though,though she might have shown some inclination though when i saw her reading some dangerous material.but not a full blown "aware" bitch i think.

))))))))))))
)))))))))))))))))
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

actually most people are already businessmen and business owners just that they dont realise it,if u dont have any skills and want to start a small company wheres the best place to do it?small business doesnt have to be a big organization with hundreds of workers selling a product or service,small business can just be you alone,or with a few partners and a few workers doing a few hundred thousand dollars or a few million sales a year.say u want to start a accounting firm or a logistics and supply chain company,u can simply join the SAF and be a storeman and learn the ropes while on their dime,as a storeman u learn various things that are important to many businesses,such as logistics, indenting stock,using barcodes and serial numbers and a computer system to manage ur inventory,stock taking,sourcing for suppliers for the cheapest and best quality,receiving goods,warehousing so later u can send out the items to the customers who wants them,packing,shipping,listing,optimizing ur price and sales,doing product and market research etc,learning to use the SAP system.

however people dont realise how much value they are leaving on the table,the profit they are missing out if they are working on their own.imagine u are running a small online amazon ebay business doing 2k sales a week and 50 percent profit margin......not too bad but nothing fantastic.that shipment u did that week just put 1k in ur pocket and it might have taken like 3 or 4 hours a day?imagine u are working in SAF doing the same bullshit with the exception that SAF doesnt sell anything they just buy and buy more stuff cause the SAF got unlimited budget......u are there from 9am to 5pm everyday monday doing the same mundane job over and over again in the same fucking building with a bunch of people u dont really want to see,but no matter how hard u work,how much money u try to save or earn the company,not a single extra dime goes into ur pocket,u make a flat rate of $10 an hour,with any luck after 10 years of 5 percent increments and enough promotions u might be making 3 or 4k a month.ur a slave to the company,the company owns ur ass five or six days a week,u only get 2 weeks a year off a year.....and if u fuck up u get canned....

compared to running ur own business,it can scale to whatever height u want,amazon has already built the infrastructure for you,the shipping,warehousing,fulfillment centers,if u do 10 sales a day,amazon's army of workers is ready to help u pack,label and ship 10 orders out 24/7,if u do 10k of orders a month,amazon is ready to help u fulfil 10k of orders,if u do 700k sales a year amazon can do that,if u do 3.5 million a year amazon can do that.....u dont have to rent a warehouse,hire a dozen employees,sit there 12 hours a day sorting crap,packing and labelling stuff and sending them out for shipping.....although if u are doing 7 million sales a year u probably have to,ur business is too big to fit inside ur living room or garage anymore.

So your sister is a woman and so can't make it as businesswoman while you have same genes as her can make it as you are a man? So are you doing the Amazon business that you talking here? This Amazon thing sounds good. Maybe online can make it like you say. Even in JB with low rental shops, I see many eateries folding up after awhile.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Labourers are men too, don't see any of these hypocritical feminist bitches coming out to fight for equality to build their own houses.
You mudlander CHEAT obviously never heard of 红头巾 female construction workers since 雾锁南洋 time. This is yet another proof someone is a mudlander liar bastard.
Couple of points:

1. Was Cottonmouth talking about the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsui_women
who worked in the construction industry well before Singapore started becoming an independent country in 1965?
If not, please don't change the subject to make yourself (a Sinkie woman born after 1965) look "good". :wink:
Because Cottonmouth was obviously talking about the current female members of AWARE, right? :wink:
And since you have been preaching about "context" many times before, I think you should be able to understand what I'm saying, right? :wink:

2. Furthermore, how many women (whether Chinese or not) worked as construction workers in Singapore back then?
Only a small minority of all women in Singapore back then, right? :wink:

I am no business expert but...
But you expect everyone here to take your opinions seriously? :confused: :*: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are another mudlander black wolf disguised as sheep goes round creating trouble for me by truncating my sentences halfway to distort the original meaning. I said I am not business expert but Li Ka Shing said the opposite of what French briefs said about high risk taking in doing business. What's wrong with that to share li ka Shing's expertise even if I have none?

And your stupid logic about no current post 1965 female Sporeans being construction workers. Are there any current post 1965 MALE Sporean construction workers in the first place?

Couple of points:

1. Was Cottonmouth talking about the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsui_women
who worked in the construction industry well before Singapore started becoming an independent country in 1965?
If not, please don't change the subject to make yourself (a Sinkie woman born after 1965) look "good". :wink:
Because Cottonmouth was obviously talking about the current female members of AWARE, right? :wink:
And since you have been preaching about "context" many times before, I think you should be able to understand what I'm saying, right? :wink:

2. Furthermore, how many women (whether Chinese or not) worked as construction workers in Singapore back then?
Only a small minority of all women in Singapore back then, right? :wink:

But you expect everyone here to take your opinions seriously? :confused: :*: :rolleyes: