• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie Loser Loses Job Offer Due To Inability To Defer Reservist! LOL!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last year, I secured employment in Manila, and was to be away from Singapore for two years.

As I am an operationally ready national serviceman, I followed the standard protocol of applying for NS duty deferment. Unfortunately, despite repeated attempts, my deferment has been unsuccessful.

I have been advised to apply for an exit permit, which would allow me to be exempted from reservist duties until 2019.

However, the system will not process exit permit applications while I am liable for reservist duties.

As a result, I have been unable to leave Singapore to take up my new job. My employment offer and contract have since been retracted.

This red tape has cost me a valuable opportunity in today's challenging economy.

The system must be redesigned to minimise or eliminate the chance of such situations happening in future.

Mervyn Chan Ping

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/l...cessful-reservist-deferment-costs-nsman-a-job

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lim_Swee_Say_cry_2.gif

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a privilege to serve National Slavery, please remind this Stinkperporean & please remember to remind him to vote for PAP. It is a privilege for any other person of another Nationality to take the job away from him....he is so privileged....vote for PAP, they are the best!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is talking cock.
Just like the many here in this forum. When their mind has already made up to condemn the government come what may, nothing is going to change their mindset. Even when the share market is down, it's also the government's fault. LOL.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have noticed, this shit is coming from the Straits Times aka Sinkie Times.

Take it with a pitch of salt.. Will write anything to support employer to hire foreigners.

They are the ministers why they can't do something about that if that is the real issue of NS. Too fucking stupid to do anything and then if anything fail just cry in front of the everyone? How convenient to get million $ salary. If u cannot do the job, just cry.

I don't see donald trump cry.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got such thing?
When you overseas must rush back to do reservist?
When reservist call up letter come when you overseas.....then do the deferment for that call up la. Stupid fuck waited and waited until potential employer dun want him

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
MINDEF DOG REPLIES

Past history of NSman taken into consideration in deferment requests
PUBLISHED7 HOURS AGO
We refer to the letter by Mr Mervyn Chan Ping on his unsuccessful deferment request (Unsuccessful reservist deferment costs NSman a job; March 7).

Mr Chan's request was rejected because he had abused previously granted deferments based on similar grounds.

The records show that Corporal (NS) Mervyn Chan had applied three times for Exit Permits for work overseas and was granted Exit Permits for all three applications. However, he was subsequently found to have returned to Singapore for an extended period of time, which was not consistent with the terms for which the Exit Permit was granted.

Furthermore, Mr Chan had an unresolved disciplinary offence.

Mindef does grant deferment for Operationally Ready National Servicemen (NSmen) who need to work and reside overseas for an extended period of time.

In assessing these applications, the past history of the NSman and any unresolved disciplinary offences are also appropriately taken into consideration.

Lee Chung Wei

Director

Manpower

Ministry of Defence

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at this stupid motherfucker. lololololololol

Tan Kg I flew back from london to serve all my reservist and didnot claim. Servr. If u love this land and all its culture and food...serve to protect it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MINDEF DOG REPLIES

Past history of NSman taken into consideration in deferment requests
PUBLISHED7 HOURS AGO
We refer to the letter by Mr Mervyn Chan Ping on his unsuccessful deferment request (Unsuccessful reservist deferment costs NSman a job; March 7).

Mr Chan's request was rejected because he had abused previously granted deferments based on similar grounds.

The records show that Corporal (NS) Mervyn Chan had applied three times for Exit Permits for work overseas and was granted Exit Permits for all three applications. However, he was subsequently found to have returned to Singapore for an extended period of time, which was not consistent with the terms for which the Exit Permit was granted.

Furthermore, Mr Chan had an unresolved disciplinary offence.

Mindef does grant deferment for Operationally Ready National Servicemen (NSmen) who need to work and reside overseas for an extended period of time.

In assessing these applications, the past history of the NSman and any unresolved disciplinary offences are also appropriately taken into consideration.

Lee Chung Wei

Director

Manpower

Ministry of Defence

This example shows that even after you have served NS, you are still a slave of the PAP & your movement is restricted by the whims of MINDEF :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This example shows that even after you have served NS, you are still a slave of the PAP & your movement is restricted by the whims of MINDEF :rolleyes:

NS obligations are for the purpose of defending your assets and the lives of your loved ones. It has nothing to do with the PAP.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This guy is talking cock.

Spot on.

________

http://mothership.sg/2017/03/man-co...t-gets-owned-upside-down-by-mindefs-response/

Man complaining he lost job due to NS deferment gets owned upside down by Mindef’s response

March 10, 2017

What a comeback by Mindef.

Jonathan Lim

Three days ago (Mar 7), Mervyn Chan Ping wrote to The Straits Times about how he lost a job in Manila because he could not apply for an exit permit.

Chan wrote about how he had tried repeatedly to apply for deferment, but was unsuccessful. He said “red tape has cost me a valuable opportunity in today’s challenging economy.”

When ST published the letter, “Unsuccessful reservist deferment costs NSman a job“, comments from netizens were mixed.

Some commiserated with Chan:
Deferment commiserating

While others believed that deferment should not be difficult and there was more to the story:
Deferment more

Mindef subsequently responded to Chan’s letter and ST carried it – Past history of NSman taken into consideration in deferment requests.

Mindef said that “Chan’s request was rejected because he had abused previously granted deferments based on similar grounds.”

Mindef went on to say that “Corporal (NS) Chan” (you know shit just got real when Mindef calls you by your NS rank) had applied Exit Permits for overseas work thrice previously and was granted the permit all three times. However, Mindef said Chan was “found to have returned to Singapore for an extended period of time, which was not consistent with the terms for which the Exit Permit was granted.”

Mindef went one further and shared that Chan had “an unresolved disciplinary offence.”
oh snap

Reactions from netizens were a bit more uniform this time:
Deferment owned

giphy (2)

Since you’re here how about another article:

They say we can buy anything online, so here’s a life-sized gummy snake

Watch out, paper qualifications. Real life experience is coming for you.

Top image adapted from Mindef
If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest updates.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS obligations are for the purpose of defending your assets and the lives of your loved ones. It has nothing to do with the PAP.

Someone who have never done NS & never will, call doing NS a privilege:rolleyes:

What makes you think these males don't have the support of their families? If you can't find a decent paying job in Spore then what do you expect them to do? If they just do nothing, some in Spore will call them useless & dependant on the PAP gov't. Yet when people try to leave to find a better job they are prevented from doing so:eek:

Plenty of males don't have any assets in Spore & it's obvious the PAP is not interested in helping them, so why make it difficult for them:confused:

Last edited: