• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Lim See Suay tell sad story and cry (again) in parliament

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say broke down 3 times in Parliament

[FONT=open_sansregular]March 7, 2017[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]Madam Speaker, I'm sorry, he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]
Martino Tan

[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular][FONT=open_sansregular][FONT=open_sansregular]Let’s recap this extraordinary moment in Parliament on March 6, 2017.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=open_sansregular]
This was the scene when Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say was in the midst of a long speech at the Committee of Supply Debates (page 59 out of 113 in fact)
[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]
Some MPs were meditating on Lim’s words:
Zainal_Sapari_sleeping.gif

Source: Gov.sg YouTube video.​

[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]While others found solace in cleaning their spectacles:[/FONT][FONT=open_sansregular]
Teo_Ho_Pin_cleaning_specs.gif

Source: Gov.sg Youtube video.​

[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]
Then Lim broke down.
Manpower_Minister_Lim_Swee_Say_broke_down.jpg

Source: Gov.sg Youtube video.

Lim: “Tough. Madam Speaker, I’m sorry.”

Speaker Halimah, who usually urges MPs to keep their speeches succinct, said: “Take your time, Minister.”

And then Lim broke down again.

Lim_Swee_Say_cry_2.gif

Source: Gov.sg Youtube video.​
Lim: “Argh…Can someone make me laugh? Okay, thank you very much. Okay, I laughed”.
And again.
Lim_Swee_Say_cry_3.gif

Source: Gov.sg Youtube video.

You must be wondering, ‘What happened and why did he break down?’Below is the part of the speech when Lim broke down:

Madam, I wish to emphasise that the key factor determining the success of Adapt & Grow is not just how much money we put in to help our job seekers and employers, but rather it depends on how much our jobseekers are prepared to adapt and grow, and how much our employers are prepared to be fair and inclusive.

(Adapt & grow is an MOM initiative to help Singaporeans — PMETs and RnF — affected by the economic slowdown and restructuring.)Members (of the House) shared some unhappy cases where job seekers did not succeed in finding jobs during the Budget debate.

They asked, what went wrong?

Madam, no matter how hard we try how much passion and commitment we put in, still we are unable to succeed in helping every job seeker to find a job.

For rank-and-file workers, our success rate currently is about 70 percent. For PMET (Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians), about 60 percent.One of our unsuccessful RnF cases is Mr A.

He left his job as a logistics assistant due to differences with his boss.

He had specific expectations in his job search: It must be within four bus stops from where he lives, work only from 9am to 5pm.

He demanded that the career coach must arrange at least two job interviews every week for him until he can find a suitable job. He refused our help to improve his resume and interview skills.

With his unrealistic expectations, uncooperative and demanding attitude, we have not been able to help him to secure any job.We have not given up on him, even though he has been uncontactable for six months now.

In contrast, Ms B, 50 years old, is a successful rank-and-file case.

She is a single-income parent supporting two children and an elderly mother. She has a brain tumour, but under control.

She left her previous job as a property consultant and approached our career centre after 10 months of unsuccessful job search.She needs to work near her home and end work at 5pm every day due to family responsibilities.

She wanted to join the healthcare sector. With the advice from her career coach, she took up WSQ Higher Certificate in Healthcare Support.

She has financial problem, so we helped her with her transport cost so that she can attend the course.She missed a few modules when she fell ill, but she still persevered to complete the course.

Because of her determination and willingness to learn and improve herself, today, she is working as a Clinic Assistant.

We do not know why Lim suddenly became so emotional, but he broke down at the moment when he recalled the successful but tragic example of this single-income parent with a brain tumour.

Moral of the story?

Let’s hope that Singaporeans without a job can work hard and adapt to his or her changing circumstances.

Because your efforts can inspire others, and even make a minister cry.

[/FONT]

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiya don't read too much into his croc tears, maybe something wrong with his latest cpf statement and he got upset thinking about it at parliament.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a prostitute won't do to remain relevant to the PAP. Million dollar salary is too much of a carrot.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiya don't read too much into his croc tears, maybe something wrong with his latest cpf statement and he got upset thinking about it at parliament.

They made an honest mistake, they delivered Lim Beh Sway CPF statement, that had only 1,000.00 to him...he is still in shock!..anyway...STINKERPOREANS VOTE FOR THESE PEOPLE, WHO FUCK THEM PUBLICLY...

They DESERVE IT...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee pai kia.... only right thing to do is commit hari kiri but he got no balls

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i vote Lim for Oscar 2017,this is better performance than daniel day lewis "there will be blood"
this resident clown with the centre-fuckthing hairdo can sing, dance, dress like zerro, break into song, see the light at the end of the (mrt) tunnel and oso cry...oscar (de olivero) material or what :confused:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
He cry because despite trying to help all he could get her was a job as clinic assistant. Do you know how low the pay is? Also the educational requirements to work as clinic assistant is close to zero. PSLE can already. So lousy. MP minister help and only clinic assistant job. WTF?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lim Swee Say's speech was so touching. I too cried as I watched him speak in parliament. Tomorrow onwards, I resolve to treat my serfs better.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
you should report him for molesting if he keep touching you, unless you also glass type then i suggest you ask him to suck you dry or churn your cheese

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Daft Sinkies also need to shed bucket of tears for continuously voting this bastard of a clown to Parliament every GE. I really pity his mother for the endless Hokkien profanities being directed at her CB because of her bastard son of a clown.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cry what? He tio retrenched or his wife fucked a blackie or his family all die?

Learn from Woody, Kong Hee, all still so happy. SMILE bitch.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The main reason why so many older PMETS are jobless is because Shit Say's govt has no protection for the workers and also they let in so many Fts to steal their jobs. I don't see Lim Shit Saye crying when these policies were implemented against the PMETS.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lim Swee Say's speech was so touching. I too cried as I watched him speak in parliament. Tomorrow onwards, I resolve to treat my serfs better.

for the tears he shed, i will vote for him, i will be his hardcore supporter from now on. and i hope more ministars will learn from him as he genuinely cares for the PMETs.

Last edited: