• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat So i just bought a condo

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really pitiful.

This unit in Bangkok within one of Bangkok's best golf courses Panya Indra's property and behind Fashion Island Mall (one of the largest malls in Bangkok) cost 8mil baht (S$320,000) and freehold. Build-in 270 sqm 2 storeys, sitting on 400 sqm land per unit, 4 bedrooms, 1 walk-in wardrobe, 6 toilets, 1 maid room.

Even if you throw in a renovation cost of 2mil baht one can still expect a modest net rental yield of 6.7% and the potential capital growth over the next 5 years in this area is positive (may not be great like Singapore).

View attachment 29985

Sinkies are paying too much for pigeon holes

From my JB experience that's too near to neighbours house and a nightmare if they keep 5 or 6 barking dogs at the side next to you. You need to get one with more land or better still a road between your house and your neighbour house to prevent such problems from low class neighbours who keep illegal dogs. But of course if the neighbours are high class then no problems.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What do they mean by freehold in Bangkok? In different places freehold can mean 25, 50,...or 999 years.
For foreigners(Sporean) you have to buy under a company name right?

Spore is getting ridiculous cost wise and I'm sure many are looking at moving elsewhere.

I've been considering getting a condo near the beach for a $150k but am flexible. I miss living in a private property. You get more privacy without the noise from above :smile:

http://www.supalai.com/foreignsbuyer/

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I followed the crowd and bought a new condo in clwmenti for investment. The size is a joke (75sqm). The price is a joke (near 900k). From a happy debt-free life i must now fork out 3k month for life and hope the market don't tank. Come in and laugh at me.

if your story is true....................then i offer my CONDOlences................prices are just beginning to fall............look out below.............

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just look at winners.u will know it a mistake.
At least I have more guts than some who only talks big here but dare not even to step into JB for several years already for fear of getting robbed and raped when a motorcycle (yes, a motorcycle) will knock into his car. Really mou lan yong, I must say.

I also never have problems with my neighbors. Not every neighbor is like Gin's neighbor. And the best part is I don't even have to mad crash with those workers at the borders every weekday mornings and evenings. Neither do I have to worry about the forthcoming 30% water price hike.

Last edited:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's just too many condo in this tiny red dot these days.
Don't think your condo can fetch more than 1mil with that kind of 75sqm when you resell it.
In the first place you might as well down grade to a 3 room flat and keep all the cash with you and enjoy a more comfortable life.

I already stay in hdb. This is my 2nd property , intending to rent out and paid a fuckload for absd.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know that many Sporeans look at buying properties to rent out for their retirement. I don't think people realise that it is not always that easy. I know someone who got beaten up by her tenant. She was an old woman & the tenant a young foreigner.

Don't forget that many crimes are carried out by foreigners & they can simply leave the country. Unlike in the past we cannot rely on the courts & police to protect us.

I think the golden age of Spore is over & things have been going downhill for sometime.
So it's risky to invest $$$ in Spore. It might be better to just rent.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that many Sporeans look at buying properties to rent out for their retirement. I don't think people realise that it is not always that easy. I know someone who got beaten up by her tenant. She was an old woman & the tenant a young foreigner.
Rely on your own self. I'll always draft and use my own Tenancy Agreement with my terms and conditions, being slightly stricter. For example, I'll insist that they do an annual washing and cleaning of the outdoor air-con compressors. This is something that all agents will omit and they'll psycho you that it's not the standard practice. The tenants and their agents can either take it or leave it. Some agents were even very sarcastic to say that I can qualify to be a housing agent myself because I'm more diligent then them. Most housing agents after collecting their commissions, you'll never see them again until it comes to the next lease renewal. I'll always tell them beforehand that I don't need them for the same lease renewals. I'd even process the Stamp Duty by myself online.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least I have more guts than some who only talks big here but dare not even to step into JB for several years already for fear of getting robbed and raped when a motorcycle (yes, a motorcycle) will knock into his car. Really mou lan yong, I must say.

I also never have problems with my neighbors. Not every neighbor is like Gin's neighbor. And the best part is I don't even have to mad crash with those workers at the borders every weekday mornings and evenings. Neither do I have to worry about the forthcoming 30% water price hike.

Seriously I am very unlucky indeed to meet not one but TWO shitty mudlander dog neighbours in one row in two different housing estate. One is the mudlander neighbours from hell that kept illegal dogs barking nonstop. The other is let his dog shit everywhere except his own house and it shit on my driveway a few times and once it was even captured on my CCTV from start to end. Good for you that you never meet such mudlander dog neighbours. No wonder some state in Malaysia want to ban dogs. With such irresponsible barbarian dog owners, better ban dogs indeed.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously I am very unlucky indeed to meet not one but TWO shitty mudlander dog neighbours in one row in two different housing estate. One is the mudlander neighbours from hell that kept illegal dogs barking nonstop. The other is let his dog shit everywhere except his own house and it shit on my driveway a few times and once it was even captured on my CCTV from start to end. Good for you that you never meet such mudlander dog neighbours. No wonder some state in Malaysia want to ban dogs. With such irresponsible barbarian dog owners, better ban dogs indeed.
I get along well with my neighbors. I have Malays and Chinese. Every Hari Raya eve, the Malay neighbor will give us their sedap dishes (beef, mutton and chicken rendangs, nasi briani, sambal prawns and sotong, etc) even before our dinner time whilst the other Malay neighbor will sure to invite us for lunch on Hari Raya day itself. In return, we gave them hampers and Green ang pows for their children and grandchildren. Our families even go on driving trips to Hatyai with the Chinese neighbor.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking trying to destroy the creditability of housing in jb.. Nice try PAP lowlife. Why don't blame yourself for being fucking stupid?

Hey no wonder some pap dog called you one brain cell. In what ways am I fucking stupid when obviously it's the mudlander bastard bullies that are fucking evil and lawless?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get along well with my neighbors. I have Malays and Chinese. Every Hari Raya eve, the Malay neighbor will give us their sedap dishes (beef, mutton and chicken rendangs, nasi briani, sambal prawns and sotong, etc) even before our dinner time whilst the other Malay neighbor will sure to invite us for lunch on Hari Raya day itself. In return, we gave them hampers and Green ang pows for their children and grandchildren. Our families even go on driving trips to Hatyai with the Chinese neighbor.

You are so lucky. I don't have any Malay neighbours at all - looks like only one or two houses are Malay in the whole estate - the rest are all chinese and a few Indians.