• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat [Mudlaysia Boleh] Pastor abducted in military-like operation on 13 Feb

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UPDATE: Son of abducted Malaysian pastor suspects he may have been murdered

Published: March 2, 2017

Pastor_Koh1.jpg

Pastor Koh, still missing after being abducted on 13 February, is now feared dead.
Change.org

More than two weeks since the abduction of Malaysian Christian pastor, Raymond Koh, his son has filed a second police report on suspicion that his father has been murdered, reports Free Malaysia Today.

Jonathan Koh said the reason for the report was the lack of information or a ransom demand, even though the family had offered a reward of RM100,000 (about $22,500). CCTV footage obtained by the Koh family shows a well-executed operation involving five cars and two motorcycles. The masked men kidnapped Koh less than 100 metres from a police complex.

The abduction comes against a background in the country of pressure against non-Muslims, reports Lapido Media. This week the Malaysian parliament began its debate of a bill to empower Sharia courts which would pave the way for enforcing hudud – Islamic corporal punishment.

The private member’s bill was proposed by Abdul Hadi Awang, president of the Islamist Pan-Malaysia Islamic Party (PAS). One of the party’s main political agendas is for the full implementation of Sharia.

Eugene Yapp, Executive Director of the Kairos Dialogue Network, an NGO dedicated to dialogue on issues affecting Christian-Muslim relations, said: “It is part of [the Malaysian government’s] plan to review the entire Sharia judicial system, which includes upgrading the levels of the Sharia court and the harmonisation of Sharia and civil laws, as part of the Islamisation agenda.”

Original story from 27 February:

A Malaysian church leader is still missing two weeks after he was abducted.

Raymond Koh Keng Joo, 62, was taken by masked men in the city of Petaling Jaya, near Kuala Lumpur, on 13 February. No-one has claimed responsibility for his kidnapping, nor have there been any ransom demands.

Witnesses reported that there were at least five abductors, who were driving black 4x4s, and that one of them calmly filmed the incident while another stopped traffic. The whole incident was reported to have happened within a minute.

Two weeks on, local friends say they’re disheartened at the lack of information and progress from the police, who at first refused to file a “missing person” report, despite witnesses to the abduction.

Police have now formed a task force to investigate the case, which is believed to have religious connections. Despite having taken statements from eight witnesses, Malaysiakini.com reported, the task force have found no new leads so far. Supporters suspect the kidnap may have been religiously motivated.

Koh’s family has offered a reward for information leading to his release. At first, they offered RM10,000 (around US $2,250), but that amount was then increased tenfold to RM100,000 ($22,500).

His wife, Susanna, 61, told The Star she has struggled to sleep since her husband’s abduction and fears for his life.

“I don’t know what is happening. I appeal to whoever has taken him not to harm him,” she said. “He is a good husband, father and pastor, who helps the poor.

“My husband has been involved in Harapan Komuniti, a community work project which he set up more than 10 years ago and which involves giving free tuition classes to children and English lessons to adults,” she added in an official statement.

In 2011, Mr. Koh was questioned after being accused by the Selangor Islamic Religious Department of trying to convert Muslims to Christianity, following a raid on a fundraising dinner at the Damansara Utama Methodist Church. That case was eventually dropped due to a lack of evidence.

Police said they are “looking at his personal history and background to see whether he might have received any threat”.

A friend of the pastor told The Star that six years ago
Koh received a bullet in the post and reported it to the police. However, the friend added that there had been “no other death threat since”.

Susanna Koh has told Church supporters: "My children and I are very anxious ... But I am very thankful and overwhelmed by the love and generosity of God's people. So many messages of support and encouragement have come in. God is good. He is faithful.

"Please continue to pray for his early release in a safe condition. Pray also pray for my and my children's safety. Let us persevere in prayer for the prayers of the righteous avails much. Let us continue to love God and do good to our neighbours. Raymond would be very happy today if he knows not only Malaysia is praying for him but also the whole world."

The chairman of the Christian Federation of Malaysia, Rev. Eu Hong Seng, also released a statement, saying: “Members of the community pray the authorities would be able to locate Koh… We ask the authorities to conduct a quick and thorough investigation into this incident and bring to justice its perpetrators.

“We pray for the success of law enforcement and investigating officers to locate the missing pastor and bring him to safety. The work of people of faith in such communities must be free from threats of violence and intimidation.”

A message was later circulated on social media claiming the pastor had been freed, but his wife condemned the rumours as “fake news”.

“We are saddened and anxious that there is fake news circulating that Pastor Raymond has been found and returned to the family. There is no truth to this,” she told The Star.

A petition to the Malaysian authorities and police to find Koh has been set up at Change.org.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
By the time the pastor re-emerges, he would have been converted to Islam. Be prepared for his scripted speech about his conversion while being surrounded by hooded men bearing weapons with an Arabic flag in the background.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
worse than sedition, for converting their majority soil natives

frankly speaking I have no sympathy for him. I have come across alot of these shitty self righteous arrogant pastors in KL and penang who think every body's else religion other than Xtianity are fake or blasphemous. You don't see Ulamaks or Imans in Malaysia going out in the open to try to convert Buddhists or Taoist or christians but you see alot of these shitty Xtains people going out openly to convert buddhists and taoists and malign them and some of them are openly trying to push the boundary by preaching and proselytising to the muslims now in a subtle way. A good example is importing Bibles in Malay and arabic and distributing it to muslim populated areas.
you don't see buddhists or taoists and even moderate muslims going out actively to convert or denigrate other religions in public places like universities, schools, libraries, community clubs, hospitals, bus stops, etc. On the otehr hand you see alot of these Xtains youngster doing it almost every weekends in public places disturbing the peace. Real arseholes.
All these charities acts and helping the homeless etc are all bullshit and a smokescreen for their acts of brain washing. If you want to do charity do it sincerely without any religious overtones or caveats. I have seen these idiots after giving food etc then claiims it is their god who provide for these meals etc.
These idiots are bring in the long simmering middle east crusade battle between christains and muslims to south east asia . This is most idiotic as we are chinese , malays, indians and not jews, arabs or middles easterns. why bring in shitty probelms from middle east and contaminate the peaceful environment in south east asia all along. In the 1970s till 2000 the various races got along well till some idiots start importing all these jewish, fundamental Xtains crap and radical wahabi islam to our shores. This pastor asked for it. The abduction is a warning sign to those fundamental Xtians to stop their nonsense.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.. This pastor asked for it. The abduction is a warning sign to those fundamental Xtians to stop their nonsense.

I don't know if the pastor had really "asked for it" or not.

But abducting and killing someone to stop him from preaching is over the board, no?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly speaking I have no sympathy for him. I have come across alot of these shitty self righteous arrogant pastors in KL and penang who think every body's else religion other than Xtianity are fake or blasphemous. You don't see Ulamaks or Imans in Malaysia going out in the open to try to convert Buddhists or Taoist or christians but you see alot of these shitty Xtains people going out openly to convert buddhists and taoists and malign them and some of them are openly trying to push the boundary by preaching and proselytising to the muslims now in a subtle way. A good example is importing Bibles in Malay and arabic and distributing it to muslim populated areas.
you don't see buddhists or taoists and even moderate muslims going out actively to convert or denigrate other religions in public places like universities, schools, libraries, community clubs, hospitals, bus stops, etc. On the otehr hand you see alot of these Xtains youngster doing it almost every weekends in public places disturbing the peace. Real arseholes.
All these charities acts and helping the homeless etc are all bullshit and a smokescreen for their acts of brain washing. If you want to do charity do it sincerely without any religious overtones or caveats. I have seen these idiots after giving food etc then claiims it is their god who provide for these meals etc.
These idiots are bring in the long simmering middle east crusade battle between christains and muslims to south east asia . This is most idiotic as we are chinese , malays, indians and not jews, arabs or middles easterns. why bring in shitty probelms from middle east and contaminate the peaceful environment in south east asia all along. In the 1970s till 2000 the various races got along well till some idiots start importing all these jewish, fundamental Xtains crap and radical wahabi islam to our shores. This pastor asked for it. The abduction is a warning sign to those fundamental Xtians to stop their nonsense.

U a m&d???????

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Highly likely killed by now. No point keeping him alive when ransom isn't the objective. Police ignorant? Can't be. Malaysian cops have first class Intel from their network of sources. Sadly, appears to be motivated by religion.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Highly likely killed by now. No point keeping him alive when ransom isn't the objective. Police ignorant? Can't be. Malaysian cops have first class Intel from their network of sources. Sadly, appears to be motivated by religion.

3 black SUVs, 2 motorbikes and 1 car following with man filming the op..

can't be a civilian operation

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
U a m&d???????

No. You must be a Xtian judging from your questioning. But whether I am or not is totally irrelevent. The points I raised are all true and very logical. That's all it matters.
Truth hurts and alot of Xtians are stupid and cannot even argue back against simple logic and common sense. When you have two opposing religions each claiming their god is the only true one, you would have nothing but trouble. Worse is one side goes all out in public to proselytise and denigrates other religions. Frankly speaking I am sick of these self righteous idiots who have inferiorty complexes and look to jews and fundamental Xtainity as if they are borned and bred in jerusalem. what I called rotten yellow bananas. These religious fanatics if not handle with a big stick can cause a religious issues to degenerate into a racial one. It's already happening in singapore with the recent case in sinkieland. BTW I am an atheist. and damn proud of it. That's what I tell these proselytisers and there is nothing wrong in being an atheist and there nothing they can do about it. In fact just show the impotency of their religions and gods when I am still a disbeliever.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. You must be a Xtian judging from your questioning. But whether I am or not is totally irrelevent. The points I raised are all true and very logical. That's all it matters.
Truth hurts and alot of Xtians are stupid and cannot even argue back against simple logic and common sense. When you have two opposing religions each claiming their god is the only true one, you would have nothing but trouble. Worse is one side goes all out in public to proselytise and denigrates other religions. Frankly speaking I am sick of these self righteous idiots who have inferiorty complexes and look to jews and fundamental Xtainity as if they are borned and bred in jerusalem. what I called rotten yellow bananas. These religious fanatics if not handle with a big stick can cause a religious issues to degenerate into a racial one. It's already happening in singapore with the recent case in sinkieland. BTW I am an atheist. and damn proud of it. That's what I tell these proselytisers and there is nothing wrong in being an atheist and there nothing they can do about it. In fact just show the impotency of their religions and gods when I am still a disbeliever.

U are sick .

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read the news from a US Evangelist news site and it stated somewhat that the pastor was one who are not afraid of expressing his faith. His proselytisation activities like 'tuition', 'free lunch' esp on the majority believers of another religion probably caused a very huge upset as they 'see through' what these activities are for. Buddhist and Chinese temples charity for the majority believers did not garner such reactions and were even welcomed by their religious leaders.

But to be fair, these proselytisation is not only targeted at the majority. In fact, chinese friends across the Causeway spoke about an increased and sometimes very aggressive proselytisation on Taoists n Buddhists too in Malaysia. Having said these however, these kinds of missing incidents should not have happened and proper use of laws, regulations and consultation should be use instead of vigilantes style.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..Having said these however, these kinds of missing incidents should not have happened and proper use of laws, regulations and consultation should be use instead of vigilantes style.

The operation obviously has a "special branch" stink on it. Unless the pastor had been threatening national security (foreign funded, terrorist activities etc), it doesn't warrant such an extreme method.

This well rehearsed snatch operation makes north korea baby oil prank look amateurish

Last edited:

salim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Muslims proselytize too, not just Xians. Heard of Da'wah?