• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Breaking!!!!Hokkien is the language of the working class and the coolie blood runs de

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
deep in sinkies!!!!!im terribly crushed to know im borned of the working class,the proletariat,a farmer no more.forever doomed to be sinkie......LKY was right,sinkies are nothing more than a race of coolies and farmers.....it is in my father and grand father and great grandfather's destiny to be taxi drivers and it will be my destiny.....the proof is undeniable look how many degree and phd holder taxi drivers we have......a coolie will always be a coolie no matter how much u educate him and shape his mind......i should just give up on my chinky dreams and join the PAP or become a zi char hawker.....im trapped in this vortex of loserness around me,i can see it in my encik,my warrant officer,my staff sergeant,parents,relatives,the uncles and aunties at the kopitiam and hawker center all the loser peasant sinkies queued up at the 4d toto shop,gossiping at the market and void deck,all living meaningless lives drifting in mediocrity and stagnation.their fates burned deeply into the retinas of my mind.

Just watched this youtube video about chinese and the different dialects......in the comments there was this observation by a ang moh.....

Being an American, having grown up in the upper-midwest (Minnesota) and after living in San Francisco for a number of years, my impression, of course, says more about me and the culture I grew up in than then any intrinsic characteristics of the dialects.

Mandarin: cool, sophisticated, learned, balanced, but also distant and somewhat unfriendly. Probably because this is the dialect spoken by most Chinese university students and those recently in country for business and also because it's the official language of government and mass media.

Cantonese: emotional, passionate, rustic, aggressive, adventuresome, fast-paced, chaotic, quarrelsome, inquisitive, opinionated, loud. For me (like many Americans) this is the language of Chinese cinema, the Hong Kong action movies. Also the language of most imported Chinese popular music (until recently). Immigrants from Hong Kong in the 60s-80s meant that this was the language of many recent immigrants, especially those starting families when I was growing up.

Wu: soft, quiet, flowing, murmuring, friendly, relaxed, even.

Min/Hokkien: Working man's language, haggling in shops, grandparents yelling at their grand kids, of smoking a cigarette, chatting outside an auto body shop while on break, homey, comfortable, unsophisticated, rural, language on the street, language of the elderly, simple, gossipy. Probably because this is one of the core language of SF Chinatown, especially of families that have lived in San Francisco many generations.

[video=youtube;znmgQ-C9zTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmgQ-C9zTo[/video]

afterwords i went to research more about hokkien people,what i discovered shocked me,Hokkiens or Hoklos have always been immigrants for centuries,we are the largest migrant population of Singapore,Malaysia,Taiwan,Indonesia,Myanmar,Philip ines, and USA do we migrate in order to seek better futures overseas because we couldnt make it back home?are we merely the migrant labour force for other countries like banglas?Now Sinkies are immigrants again being chased out of their own birth colony because they couldnt make it?who are the famous hokkiens?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Breaking!!!!Hokkien is the language of the working class and the coolie blood run

sinkies don't just consist of hokkiens nigger.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Breaking!!!!Hokkien is the language of the working class and the coolie blood run

discriminate their own people.
only china prc communists and PAP do that

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

discriminate their own people.
only china prc communists and PAP do that

u blame the PAP,but let me ask u who are the PAP?the PAP is cut out of the same clothe as losers sinkies.....Tan Chuan Jin,Chan Chun Seng,Grace F.U.,Ong Ye Kun and the various assortment of loser MPs like Bandung Baey,talentless,mediocre,spineless and they all love the million dollar paychecks.the circle is complete.....Singapore is a cycle of sinkies owning sinkies.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

afterwords i went to research more about hokkien people,what i discovered shocked me,Hokkiens or Hoklos have always been immigrants for centuries,we are the largest migrant population of Singapore,Malaysia,Taiwan,Indonesia,Myanmar,Philip ines, and USA do we migrate in order to seek better futures overseas because we couldnt make it back home?..

Emigrants are the first entrepreneurs. Those who don't venture out of their comfort zones deserve to whine and complain. Just look at Africa and its inhabitants.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sinkies don't just consist of hokkiens nigger.

Singkieland is dominated by Fuckeins that is why singkies are kia su, kia see, kiam suip, die don't want face and that is why fuckein is the street language of singkieland...its cos of this attitude that is why there is the 70%

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not understand why Mandarin is related to being Chinese,,,Mandarin is a norther dialect that was standardised by the Manchus,,,so for Han Chinese to say that they defeated the Manchus is a myth as speaking Mandarin is the legacy of the Manchus,...and Mandarin does not retain the tones and characters of the ancient chinese,,only Cantonese does,,,so when chinese say must speak mandarin,,,i say,,is mandarin the language of the chinese? or is it a Manchu bastardised northern dialect that is successfully enforced and disguised to look like Chinese???

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

im going to go drown my sorrows in cantopop now,when i die i dont want my bones to be buried in sinkieland cause im ashamed.

[video=youtube;cmOtdQRqoBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmOtdQRqoBI[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not understand why Mandarin is related to being Chinese,,,Mandarin is a norther dialect that was standardised by the Manchus,,,so for Han Chinese to say that they defeated the Manchus is a myth as speaking Mandarin is the legacy of the Manchus,...and Mandarin does not retain the tones and characters of the ancient chinese,,only Cantonese does,,,so when chinese say must speak mandarin,,,i say,,is mandarin the language of the chinese? or is it a Manchu bastardised northern dialect that is successfully enforced and disguised to look like Chinese???

yes real chinese are the southerners,rest of them are barbarians.can tell by listening to the dialects this is how real chinese sounds like,who the fuck invented mandarin and has it always been China's main language?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is worse is that the nutjob TS stated that Hokkeins makes up the majority of overseas chinese,,,fucking delusional,,,in USA Cantonese were the dominant Chinese group till the northerners were allowed in,,,also look at the overseas Asian countries the fuckiens occupied,,,Indonesia and Jakarta, Manila and quite a lot of fuckeins in Mudland,,and all these countries are 3rd world countries,,,true they now have economic growth,,but please they are starting from a low base and have huge populations and poverty is high,,,no wonder they all come to singkieland,,,go to Manila Chinatown,,its really 3rd world,,but its stands up amongst the slums...and 99% of Cina there are fuckeins,,,

contrast that to Baguio.where most of the chinese were Cantonese,,,the city is better developed and more liveable but the chinese have all nearly left,,and the ones that replace them are the fuckiens from manila,,,true the richest ppl in php are the fuckein chinese,,,but of course their competition is the Catholic malays of the php...so from a low base its much easier to climb,,,and anyway with duterte and his side show distractions,,,php can only go so far,,,

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is worse is that the nutjob TS stated that Hokkeins makes up the majority of overseas chinese,,,fucking delusional,,,in USA Cantonese were the dominant Chinese group till the northerners were allowed in,,,also look at the overseas Asian countries the fuckiens occupied,,,Indonesia and Jakarta, Manila and quite a lot of fuckeins in Mudland,,and all these countries are 3rd world countries,,,true they now have economic growth,,but please they are starting from a low base and have huge populations and poverty is high,,,no wonder they all come to singkieland,,,go to Manila Chinatown,,its really 3rd world,,but its stands up amongst the slums...and 99% of Cina there are fuckeins,,,

contrast that to Baguio.where most of the chinese were Cantonese,,,the city is better developed and more liveable but the chinese have all nearly left,,and the ones that replace them are the fuckiens from manila,,,true the richest ppl in php are the fuckein chinese,,,but of course their competition is the Catholic malays of the php...so from a low base its much easier to climb,,,and anyway with duterte and his side show distractions,,,php can only go so far,,,

actually if u look at the ang moh's statement,Cantonese were the dominant group in USA only from the 60s to 80s onwards......but the hokkiens have been there for many generations before that.

and u are right,fuckkiens seems to have done economically well and prospered in many of their adoptive nations.....indonesia,philipines,which resulted in various degrees of sinophobia and friction.....maybe we are good at making money for one thing......

A major point of friction with their host communities is the often disproportionate economic influence of the overseas Chinese (who dominate almost all the economies of Southeast Asia), and their tendency to segregate themselves into a subculture. The anti-Chinese Jakarta Riots of May 1998 and Kuala Lumpur Racial Riots of May 13, 1969, seem to have been motivated by these perceptions.

Ethnic politics can be found to motivate both sides of the debate. In Malaysia, where overseas Chinese control at least 55 percent of the economy, the question of to what extent ethnic Malays, Chinese, or others are "native" to Malaysia is a sensitive political issue. Chinese politicians support equal access to government contracts and university scholarships, while many "Bumiputra" ("native son") Malays demand preferential treatment in these areas on the grounds that their group needs such protections in order to retain its patrimony.[11]

In Indonesia, where Chinese control at least 22 per cent of the Indonesian economy, ethnic Chinese are not allowed to educate their children in formal Chinese-language schools. In some cases cultural objects such as Chinese calendars are banned. Chinese-language signs were banned in Indonesia until 2004.

In Thailand, where ethnic Chinese control at least 44 per cent of the Thai economy, they are forced to adopt Thai names. Chinese control at least 22 per cent of the Vietnamese economy and 11 per cent of the Filipino economy.

Many of the overseas Chinese who worked on railways in North America in the nineteenth century suffered from racial discrimination in Canada and the United States. Although discriminatory laws have been repealed or are no longer enforced today, both countries at one time introduced statutes that barred Chinese from entering the country, such as the Chinese Exclusion Act. On May 6, 1882, Congress forbade further immigration of Chinese laborers for ten years. The Chinese Exclusion Act ended America's "open door" policy and began discriminatory distinctions based on race and national origin. Chinese caught entering the country illegally were quickly deported. The law exempted those Chinese, but the law forbade their naturalization. When China became a U.S. ally in 1943, terms of the Exclusion Act were ended, and Chinese were processed through existing U.S. Immigration Laws. The Canadian Chinese Immigration Act, 1923 barred almost all Chinese, including those with British citizenship, from entry, and was not repealed until 1947.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The language spoken by Chinese emigrants to 19th century San Francisco was probably not Hokkien, but Seiyap, which originates from Guangdong, but which is not necessarily comprehensible to other Cantonese speakers. The Chinese had gone there as labourers in the gold mines as well as the Trans Pacific Railroad.

deep in sinkies!!!!!im terribly crushed to know im borned of the working class,the proletariat,a farmer no more.forever doomed to be sinkie......LKY was right,sinkies are nothing more than a race of coolies and farmers.....it is in my father and grand father and great grandfather's destiny to be taxi drivers and it will be my destiny.....the proof is undeniable look how many degree and phd holder taxi drivers we have......a coolie will always be a coolie no matter how much u educate him and shape his mind......i should just give up on my chinky dreams and join the PAP or become a zi char hawker.....im trapped in this vortex of loserness around me,i can see it in my encik,my warrant officer,my staff sergeant,parents,relatives,the uncles and aunties at the kopitiam and hawker center all the loser peasant sinkies queued up at the 4d toto shop,gossiping at the market and void deck,all living meaningless lives drifting in mediocrity and stagnation.their fates burned deeply into the retinas of my mind.

Just watched this youtube video about chinese and the different dialects......in the comments there was this observation by a ang moh.....

Being an American, having grown up in the upper-midwest (Minnesota) and after living in San Francisco for a number of years, my impression, of course, says more about me and the culture I grew up in than then any intrinsic characteristics of the dialects.

Mandarin: cool, sophisticated, learned, balanced, but also distant and somewhat unfriendly. Probably because this is the dialect spoken by most Chinese university students and those recently in country for business and also because it's the official language of government and mass media.

Cantonese: emotional, passionate, rustic, aggressive, adventuresome, fast-paced, chaotic, quarrelsome, inquisitive, opinionated, loud. For me (like many Americans) this is the language of Chinese cinema, the Hong Kong action movies. Also the language of most imported Chinese popular music (until recently). Immigrants from Hong Kong in the 60s-80s meant that this was the language of many recent immigrants, especially those starting families when I was growing up.

Wu: soft, quiet, flowing, murmuring, friendly, relaxed, even.

Min/Hokkien: Working man's language, haggling in shops, grandparents yelling at their grand kids, of smoking a cigarette, chatting outside an auto body shop while on break, homey, comfortable, unsophisticated, rural, language on the street, language of the elderly, simple, gossipy. Probably because this is one of the core language of SF Chinatown, especially of families that have lived in San Francisco many generations.

[video=youtube;znmgQ-C9zTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmgQ-C9zTo[/video]

afterwords i went to research more about hokkien people,what i discovered shocked me,Hokkiens or Hoklos have always been immigrants for centuries,we are the largest migrant population of Singapore,Malaysia,Taiwan,Indonesia,Myanmar,Philip ines, and USA do we migrate in order to seek better futures overseas because we couldnt make it back home?are we merely the migrant labour force for other countries like banglas?Now Sinkies are immigrants again being chased out of their own birth colony because they couldnt make it?who are the famous hokkiens?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Things that fuckiens can be proud of...The secret societies were started by them..Look at the video from 9.53 minutes...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Frenchbriefs is a real Chinese dog nigger. Look at him condemning his own dialect group displaying crab in a bucket syndrome symptoms.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hakka mui, how liang or!....the Min Yu or Hokkien, are much refine..our Hokkien, very " chor lor"..."collie class"..

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hakka mui, how liang or!....the Min Yu or Hokkien, are much refine..our Hokkien, very " chor lor"..."collie class"..

It's not Singkieland hokkein it's hokkein in general that is crude n it's ppl truly one kind

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

The English hv their own problems in a small island.
They hv liverpool ascent the working low class. Then the worst is cockney ascent lowest cast in England.

Queen E was Birmingham ascent no better than English elites.

So what the fuck u talk of ascents in China.
Hokkien make Acer brand computer and Shimano bicycles. Hokkien are champ.

Knn talk opium you bloody kosong keep quiet do nothing.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the "ai sio kan mai" is straight to the point, in your face and mo beating around the tush - you can't beat this :p