• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious what sinkie local products are good?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Krafty your thread question is "what sinkie local products are good?"

I have shared that I think the assessment books are good.

Your response to that is you would rather buy Costco shares.

Sigh. Sorry lah, it is just one of those days where my patients also have this kind of line of thought which is hard to follow. Dunno WTF you are trying to ask or talk about.

Resident attention whore is just trying to grab the limelight as usual. Ignore him

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
frankly, after pondering for a while, there is nothing i can think of for now. only the hawker food are good but they can't be exported.

Prima Taste would be the closest thing that I have seen in overseas supermarkets. I suppose if you are living in angmoland, Prima taste would be pretty good.

SaBoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
myojo and nissin are jap brands. no...?

are you sure the items you mentioned all produced in spore? are they not manufactured in elsewhere?

Click on the sista forum and you would find tons of them. Happy Bonking. @ your own risks.

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can attest to Creative roar quality, one of the rarities that creative produce that feels premium and sounds good. Bro, the new line iRoar better than the original roar, can connect app to adjust a few things and comes in a smaller form-factor.

Thanks for the tip! Will upgrade once my roar kaputs, but so far its still going strong :smile:

I remember I was so proud of creative when I was a kid. I actually bought the creative zen mp3 player back in the day.

Alas, Mr sim lost the plot when he released the limited zen in 10 colours with his signature on it, as a response to Apple's iPod tie up with U2.... Come on, Sims signature vs Bono?????

So sad so sad. Still waiting for creative to rise from the ashes again. Maybe Mr sim might hand over to Mr tan from Razer... Seems like good synergies between the 2 companies. Was it Razer that bought Dolby?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually hor, for creative to rise from the grave, they have to engage those very good product designer, preferably with a flare for art, in short, arty farty designer.

if you compare the technology behind apple and creative, it's common but apple edge out with design, sleek and classy. this is what creative lacks.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually hor, for creative to rise from the grave, they have to engage those very good product designer, preferably with a flare for art, in short, arty farty designer.

if you compare the technology behind apple and creative, it's common but apple edge out with design, sleek and classy. this is what creative lacks.

adding on, only gay pple possess such kind of design talent and flair for the arts. so creative has to start recruiting gay pple. not joking, their culture has been a closed one maciam like communist party, comparable to the likes of GLCs. old guards come first, young guns stand aside, time to change... mr sim wong hoo!

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
adding on, only gay pple possess such kind of design talent and flair for the arts. so creative has to start recruiting gay pple. not joking, their culture has been a closed one maciam like communist party, comparable to the likes of GLCs. old guards come first, young guns stand aside, time to change... mr sim wong hoo!

Mad pig.....

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey man,

i have been working on apple macs for years. when i open up the computers, something struck me by looking at the design. apple probably chose gayman tim cook as CEO cos' the engineers may be gaymen too as the interior of macs are very fragile and sophisticated.

i have nothing against gaymen, just writing what i observe.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey man,

i have been working on apple macs for years. when i open up the computers, something struck me by looking at the design. apple probably chose gayman tim cook as CEO cos' the engineers may be gaymen too as the interior of macs are very fragile and sophisticated.

i have nothing against gaymen, just writing what i observe.

Hey dog.
Go suck cock

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ask my laolan friend what sinkie food products ish good. he says knn, go nothing is good. cheekon rice farked up too.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

creative speakers and soundcards actually quite badass and selling like hotcakes on amazon worldwide,dunno why creative local company such a failure.....i guess they say when u got too much money(like sim wong hoo did when his sound card became a initial success and two ipo billionaire) u start playing pretend businessman and spend money building ur fantasy company instead of focusing on sales and bottomline.wasting money on 100 million dollar offices,wasting money on fancy stores,R&Ding expensive and useless products instead of doing what matters most which is going out and selling shit and bringing in the dough,revenue is the lifeblood of a company.

wonder will Sim wong hoo ever rise from the grave and become a billionaire again.like steve jobs.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun mean to put his product down but when i looked at the design, it is still the same old squarish, rectangular block design. how can it be compared to BOSE and those upmarket speakers? what about shape the speakers into 2 coconuts(Philips have them), i bet it will be more appealing to consumers. Creative has the best speaker technology but it is lacking in the design. he will lose the game again.

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun mean to put his product down but when i looked at the design, it is still the same old squarish, rectangular block design. how can it be compared to BOSE and those upmarket speakers? what about shape the speakers into 2 coconuts(Philips have them), i bet it will be more appealing to consumers. Creative has the best speaker technology but it is lacking in the design. he will lose the game again.

He needs help from Razer

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he just needs to focus on whats working and stop wasting time and money on things that are not,cashflow is a company's most important thing like Li ka shing said,he needs to watch every penny going in and out of the company,and not think that debt or his previously earned wealth will always save him.everything else is just excess fat and deadweight and needs to be cut immediately,all inventory and product lines that doesnt sell is costing money.a company has to keep moving product or selling and making revenue and profit or it dies.iv seen success stories on amazon and ebay of people going from nothing and a $500 credit card line,to flipping and reselling 3.5 million in 3 years and 12 million in 5 years,another guy doing 70 million sales on amazon,and the biggest was one guy going from being a mcdonalds worker and selling flowers in high school to selling over 100 million dollars on amazon and online.Sim wong hoo is the only guy i see going from billionaire to zero over a span of 15 years.although i admit IT is pretty tough and he should have called it quits years ago and cashed out when apple came out with the ipod,so many failures and success in the IT and dotcom world,the only difference between them was those who cashed out at the right time.SMW could have been billion dollars richer.i wonder why he didnt sell any of his stock,he clearly knew his stock price was way way overvalued.even jeff bezos knows how to sell his amazon stock when they are at such a ridiculous high price.

look at amazon,his bluetooth speakers and computer speakers have hundreds and even thousands of reviews,and they are all four stars and five stars,they are clearly selling well internationally and has volume,creative speakers are known for its amazing sound quality and value for money.all the other brands are crap,JBL and UE,expensive and crap.dunno why he isnt making money,if SWH make me a distributor and wholesale his speakers to me i bet i could make a million bucks reselling them easy.dont need store just sell them online.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he just needs to focus on whats working and stop wasting time and money on things that are not,cashflow is a company's most important thing like Li ka shing said,he needs to watch every penny going in and out of the company,and not think that debt or his previously earned wealth will always save him.everything else is just excess fat and deadweight and needs to be cut immediately,all inventory and product lines that doesnt sell is costing money.a company has to keep moving product or selling and making revenue and profit or it dies.iv seen success stories on amazon and ebay of people going from nothing and a $500 credit card line,to flipping and reselling 3.5 million in 3 years and 12 million in 5 years,another guy doing 70 million sales on amazon,and the biggest was one guy going from being a mcdonalds worker and selling flowers in high school to selling over 100 million dollars on amazon and online.Sim wong hoo is the only guy i see going from billionaire to zero over a span of 15 years.although i admit IT is pretty tough and he should have called it quits years ago and cashed out when apple came out with the ipod,so many failures and success in the IT and dotcom world,the only difference between them was those who cashed out at the right time.SMW could have been billion dollars richer.i wonder why he didnt sell any of his stock,he clearly knew his stock price was way way overvalued.even jeff bezos knows how to sell his amazon stock when they are at such a ridiculous high price.

look at amazon,his bluetooth speakers and computer speakers have hundreds and even thousands of reviews,and they are all four stars and five stars,they are clearly selling well internationally and has volume,creative speakers are known for its amazing sound quality and value for money.all the other brands are crap,JBL and UE,expensive and crap.dunno why he isnt making money,if SWH make me a distributor and wholesale his speakers to me i bet i could make a million bucks reselling them easy.dont need store just sell them online.

creative should focus on design. but i didn't know that they are still selling on amazon, and doing quite well. good on him! i bet it will be even better if he can give it some arty farty design, make it classy and unique. but why HP laptops uses BOSE speakers but not his speakers. i dun understand. he should aim for Dell as Dell uses software driven sound system on their laptops. i think if Dell uses his speakers, it will be perfect.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He needs help from Razer

Razer is for gaming fanatic, creative sound is also for gamers. they two will match. I think Razer products over priced and only appeal to youngsters with their illuminated keyboard and mouse design. creative brand around longer than his but still weak in design department. the two will complement each other.