• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Fire, Fire

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It happened in Orchard Road, so not surprising that it happened in Chinatown.

Hope they didn't use too much water because it is now so expensive.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fire-at-chinatown-point-on-sunday-afternoon

Fire at Chinatown Point on Sunday afternoon

SINGAPORE - A fire broke out at the escalator landing on level three of Chinatown Point on Sunday (March 5) afternoon.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were activated at about 3pm.

The fire, extinguished by SCDF using a water jet, involved the electrical wiring of an escalator landing on the third floor. Firefighters were checking the soot-covered Schindler-brand escalators when The Straits Times arrived at the mall.

An unidentified shopper had rushed in to put out the fire with an extinguisher before SCDF arrived. Witnesses said his actions dampened the flames, though the smoke and burning smell still lingered.

Shoppers were evacuated from the building, and there were no reported injuries.

SCDF dispatched two fire engines, two Red Rhinos, and two support vehicles to the scene.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are heading towards the end of the Lees and a towards a new beginning. That is inevitable.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fire alarm didn't go off. People didn't take the fire seriously & not everyone left the building. At least in this fire the people in the building were not locked in if the alarm were to go off.

If a terrorist were to set fire to the building there would probably be plenty of casualties. It is funny that the authorities make a big deal out of terrorist attacking Spore but when there is a fire it is not taken seriously. We have already seen that fires are more common in Spore than terrorist attacks.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
could it be a case of arson? too many fire incidents, too much coincidence? maybe some sinkies are not happy after all.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fire alarm didn't go off. People didn't take the fire seriously & not everyone left the building. At least in this fire the people in the building were not locked in if the alarm were to go off.

If a terrorist were to set fire to the building there would probably be plenty of casualties. It is funny that the authorities make a big deal out of terrorist attacking Spore but when there is a fire it is not taken seriously. We have already seen that fires are more common in Spore than terrorist attacks.

I can relate to such inaction, with 2 real life experiences on what you are saying:

1. Many years ago, I was working in a brand new, high rise office building ( very high), when we moved in, every day..THEY TEST THE FIRE ALARM SYSTEM, and make the announcement "this is a.....blah blah blah". One day, I was doing my work, I smelt something burning bad, so I quietly went to the lift lobby & took the lift to the ground floor...guess what!...18th floor, was burning or 'SMOKING' very badly...I was on the 10th floor....the fire alarm went off, when I was on the ground floor....& it took quite a while before anyone reacted... just like the MRT announcement..." if you see an suspicious...blah blah blah"..I see any suspicious whatever, I get off the next station or out of the station...nvm report!. People have no sense of survival...our 3rd world fellows...would just grab their bags & run for it.
Coming back to my story...it took my colleagues 20 mins to get down to ground...why!..the lift auto stop at ground level...by then, I was on the opposite side of the road..looking at the fire engines arriving..:rolleyes:

2. Couple with stroller & child inside boarding a train cabin at rush hour & very crowded, the wheels got stuck on the gap & the doors were closing fast..PEOPLE AROUND ME, FROZE & GASPED!...I immediately hit the emergency stop button...no one dared!..FINE $5,000

This is the kind of inaction we have from people around us...mind you...the males, DID NATIONAL SLAVERY & MOST ARE SERVING RESERVIST...

We are only good at wayang...& too much reminding....when the real thing happen....this is how one react!...especially STINKERPOREANS ...:p