• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious NKF in deep shit now badly needs Conman TT Durex again! HUAt!

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-up-with-rising-number-of-new-kidney-patients

NKF can't keep up with rising number of new kidney patients

Singapore has an extremely high rate of kidney failure, with one new patient every five hours. Some get a transplant, some die within three months, and roughly two in three go on dialysis (left).
Singapore has an extremely high rate of kidney failure, with one new patient every five hours. Some get a transplant, some die within three months, and roughly two in three go on dialysis (left).PHOTO: NEW PAPER FILE
Published
11 hours ago
It has no space for half a year to take in all of them and will send them to private centres
Salma Khalik
Senior Health Correspondent

Singapore's biggest provider of kidney dialysis treatment faces a shortage of spaces for new patients, as the number of Singaporeans with kidney failure increases.

For about half a year, starting from the end of this month, the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) will not be able to take on all the new patients it gets, until a new facility is ready in September.

As an interim solution, the charity will pay for new patients to go for their dialysis at private centres, said Mrs Eunice Tay, NKF's chief executive officer.

Needy patients who approach NKF will not be turned away, said its chairman Koh Poh Tiong who has promised: "No Singaporean will die because they have no access to dialysis."

It is, however, not clear what Singapore's overall capacity is. A call to the Kidney Dialysis Foundation (KDF), Singapore's second biggest voluntary welfare organisation (VWO) dialysis provider, found it was full for some days, but is still able to accept new patients.
dialysis_3.jpg
Mdm Chan Bee Ling, 75, uses this machine for peritoneal dialysis which is done at home overnight, while she is asleep in her Tampines Central 7 flat.
Related Story
Patient, 75, opts for dialysis at home

KDF's three centres can take up to 318 haemodialysis (HD) patients.

There are about 30 other VWO-run dialysis centres and over 60 private ones. The NKF currently cares for over 4,100 dialysis patients, about two-thirds of the 6,500 in Singapore.

Between 2012 and last year, NKF's annual net increase in patients more than tripled from 100 to 324. It reflects the rising number of people who need dialysis here, a problem which grows at a rate among the highest in the world.

The NKF's 31 centres will only be able to take in new HD patients when slots are freed up by the death of existing patients. Each month, the NKF loses slightly more than 20 patients, but accepts about 50 new ones, giving it a net increase of 27 patients.

At the start of this month, it had only 20 HD slots left for new patients and these should be filled by month's end.

In order to meet the high demand for dialysis, the NKF has been opening two new centres a year for the past three years, but demand is still outstripping supply.

It will have new centres opening this September, December and next January. A mega centre catering to more than 700 patients will open in Jurong later next year.

But a spokesman said it is getting increasingly difficult to find sites for new centres, which cost about $2 million to build and another $2 million a year to run.

It is also difficult to recruit staff for its centres. So it will turn its efforts towards encouraging more people to turn to kidney transplants which give patients better quality of life and survival chances, and will work with other agencies to prevent kidney failure.

Singapore has an extremely high rate of kidney failure, with one new patient every five hours. Some get a transplant, some die within three months, and roughly two in three go on dialysis.

In 2015, there were 6,230 people on dialysis. That year, 1,237 new patients started dialysis and 792 existing patients died.

Singapore has the highest rate of kidney failures caused by diabetes in the world.

With one in nine adults here suffering from diabetes, the number of kidney failures here is set to rise.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once u get a critical illness.. it's better to just go...Why drag out the agony by going through all these procedures?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore has an extremely high rate of kidney failure, with one new patient every five hours. Some get a transplant, some die within three months, and roughly two in three go on dialysis.

In 2015, there were 6,230 people on dialysis. That year, 1,237 new patients started dialysis and 792 existing patients died.

Singapore has the highest rate of kidney failures caused by diabetes in the world.

A disproportionate number of the kidney failure cases are m&ds.

Kidney failure rates are shooting up among Malays here, with their risk - already higher than the other races - going up by 50 per cent over the past decade.

Ten years ago, Malays had twice the risk of getting kidney failure, requiring either a transplant or dialysis, compared to Chinese, and 1.5 times compared to Indians.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/kidney-failure-rates-soar-among-malays-here

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BS. They have a lot of funds, much like HDB. All profit goes into their backdoor fund. Lees are lousy administrators. There is a lot of wastage in efficiency causing this.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
BS. They have a lot of funds, much like HDB. All profit goes into their backdoor fund. Lees are lousy administrators. There is a lot of wastage in efficiency causing this.

See? They are saying that they are fully booked at their facilities, unless you all donate for more facilities, with golden toilets again lah.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not wastage just going into some other pocket like our CPF.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question that comes to a sane person would be why is a Charity doing this. What is the govt doing with its tax collection. Isn't this more important than funding People's Association and paying for holiday bonding trips for grassroots leaders and their MPs.

Fucking useless government.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to worry, 34B budgetted for welfare will cover tos with Kidney failure. Unless! the figure is plain bullshit.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
what caused kidney failure?
high salt intake?
PCC a lot?
Most common causes long term badly controlled diabetes and high blood pressure.

Singapore does not want to spend on primary health care. Hence it has one of the highest kidney failure rates in the world. Usually it is the poor who don't bother or cannot afford to go see their GP to get their diabetes and/or high blood pressure managed properly. Or don't want to wait long long at polyclinic.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most common causes long term badly controlled diabetes and high blood pressure.

Singapore does not want to spend on primary health care. Hence it has one of the highest kidney failure rates in the world. Usually it is the poor who don't bother or cannot afford to go see their GP to get their diabetes and/or high blood pressure managed properly. Or don't want to wait long long at polyclinic.

the sprouting of so many confectionery, bakery, cake and dessert shops does not help too, but they exist to sextisfy those who can splurge on such "luxury" food, not those who are poor. at the end of it it's still sinkies' choice of lifestyle and diet. many wealthy sinkies are also suffering from pre-diabetic conditions unknowingly, not just the poor. i have to buy entire sets of blood-glucose-level monitoring devices for whole families with wealth as they have no clue that handy carryons exist at the nearest guardian or watson. they assume all needle or pin pricks must be done at clinics or hospitals by medical personel. no such concept of diy and monitoring their daily diet and sugar intake crosses their minds. until i show them how it can be easily and accurately done with the latest j&j onetouch device that cums in a pocketsize pouch - pricks (lancets), puncher (lancing device), blood glucose meter included except for strip inserts. a box of 50 strip inserts is about usd50, not cheap. and i have to administer lancing and measuring while i'm with them. otherwise they bochap and go about their merry ways of high cake, ice cream and confectionary consumption. after teaching them the use of devices and leaving them with 100 expensive strip inserts, they do nothing until my next return. sinkies deserve their own f*cking diabetes. i monitor my blood glucose weekly and so far mine is normal at 109 without meals for 9 hours. after a typical sinkie breakfast of kopi and kaya toast, it shoots up to 119. by the way, after doing away with sugar for kopi, my blood glucose level trends down to 102. shiok with no sugar. kopi actually tastes better.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP should just rope in dalit durai and conman Kong for a devastating turnover for NKF!!!

Please throw in the rope climbing MONKey, & the dancing "China Wine"....YOU HAVE A WINNER!...all mobile networks will crash, with the immense number of donors!

Think of how much 7% GST it will generate!......pardon, Durexx & KONG now....:biggrin:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the sprouting of so many confectionery, bakery, cake and dessert shops does not help too, but they exist to sextisfy those who can splurge on such "luxury" food, not those who are poor. at the end of it it's still sinkies' choice of lifestyle and diet. many wealthy sinkies are also suffering from pre-diabetic conditions unknowingly, not just the poor. i have to buy entire sets of blood-glucose-level monitoring devices for whole families with wealth as they have no clue that handy carryons exist at the nearest guardian or watson. they assume all needle or pin pricks must be done at clinics or hospitals by medical personel. no such concept of diy and monitoring their daily diet and sugar intake crosses their minds. until i show them how it can be easily and accurately done with the latest j&j onetouch device that cums in a pocketsize pouch - pricks (lancets), puncher (lancing device), blood glucose meter included except for strip inserts. a box of 50 strip inserts is about usd50, not cheap. and i have to administer lancing and measuring while i'm with them. otherwise they bochap and go about their merry ways of high cake, ice cream and confectionary consumption. after teaching them the use of devices and leaving them with 100 expensive strip inserts, they do nothing until my next return. sinkies deserve their own f*cking diabetes. i monitor my blood glucose weekly and so far mine is normal at 109 without meals for 9 hours. after a typical sinkie breakfast of kopi and kaya toast, it shoots up to 119. by the way, after doing away with sugar for kopi, my blood glucose level trends down to 102. shiok with no sugar. kopi actually tastes better.

For such conditions it's better to give these patients the Soylent Green option as it's very hard to have a healthy diet...Who so free to cook themselves? Even eating vegetables is a false hope thing as very often Singkieland vegetables are filled with pesticides n seldom washed properly...N they cook it with soo much salt n msg..The way I counter it is makan lots of fruit n fibre n do daily exercises n take supplements but it's a loosing battle. .N even if one eats healthy etc it just drags thibgs out n slow the degeneration but not stop it. If I got kidney failure I just make my final plans say goodbye to my love ones n move on...Go dialysis etc is a no no..

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
its the Malay Singaporeans who are adding to the numbers. with the demise of football in singapore, we see a rise in obesity in the malay community.

build more football fields to solve our kidney crisis.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For such conditions it's better to give these patients the Soylent Green option as it's very hard to have a healthy diet...Who so free to cook themselves? Even eating vegetables is a false hope thing as very often Singkieland vegetables are filled with pesticides n seldom washed properly...N they cook it with soo much salt n msg..The way I counter it is makan lots of fruit n fibre n do daily exercises n take supplements but it's a loosing battle. .N even if one eats healthy etc it just drags thibgs out n slow the degeneration but not stop it. If I got kidney failure I just make my final plans say goodbye to my love ones n move on...Go dialysis etc is a no no..

whenever i'm with family i would educate them on eating less, healthy diets and own cooking. they're listening, engaging in lifestyle and diet changes, and are now better off with less medication and visits to the doctor. eating out is now a rarity. and hopefully they can live past 90. it's not too late to adjust even if one is over 70 and has no hereditary and acute diseases.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its the Malay Singaporeans who are adding to the numbers. with the demise of football in singapore, we see a rise in obesity in the malay community.

build more football fields to solve our kidney crisis.

last thing sinkies wish for is to kpkb for gov to step in and manage all things kidney related. whoever suggests gov does this and that has to be a lifelong bureaucrat and gov believer. it will only send the wrong signal and exacerbate every sinkie to bochap about personal responsibility and taking care of their own health (as gov is always there when they get sick). the dems try to pull that shenanigan in america in every election and real americans are hating it. only fake americans (illegal immigrants and commies) are always asking for gov help and control of everything from itchy genitalia diseases to shelter over their heads. i suppose malays are like that - gov-reliant.