• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singapore To Allow Taxi Drivers to Own Taxi

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters

good news for Taxi drivers. Soon they will have options to own cabs or renting cabs from Comfort or SMRT cab company.

Government is studying this plan.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
This idea sucks big time!

As seen the yellow roof black cab uses the oldest poorest cars, most poorly maintained, has no facilities, no call centers, no NETS credit cards payments, no lost ñ found services, no data terminals, no booking system, no printed receipts etc.

HK and other losy taxi service cities are like that, using 20 years old Toyota Crowns, in poor conditions, All because Privately Owned! No substential fleet size, poorly funded and poorly managed, un-organized to provide good standard of services, only lucrative to greedy individuals.

For SG fleet size of SMRT Transcab below 5000 are already too small! Comfort so STUPID can not Oust Uber and Grab, all fucked up. Cabby owned cabs will be 100X Worst!

They will be complerely fucked up! No Disipline Nor Rules, Dirty Smelly Rotten Old cars. Worst than Ah Neh India!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's coz Uber and Grab came into the picture and they now have lots of taxis available for rental. Going forward, not too bright a future so taxi Drivers can own their taxis.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember in the past taxis were owned by the drivers & there was no companies like NTUC, Transcab, ..etc Then the PAP GLCs entered the market to monopolise the business. Now they want to privatise the taxi business again:rolleyes:

In the past these cabs had mini offices around the island & you would call these taxi stands for a cab. That's how they operate in JB. It might benefit the cabbies if they can cut out the middle man e.g. NTUC, cab fares could be cheaper.

However I have my doubts whether the PAP is ready to give up control of the cab business?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear brothers and sisters

good news for Taxi drivers. Soon they will have options to own cabs or renting cabs from Comfort or SMRT cab company.

Government is studying this plan.

Taxi drivers can own their own cabs after they pay such a huge price that it is probably safer to rent, just like most shop spaces here.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i love the old toyota crown taxis for some reason i dunnoy why,the polyester seat always feel light and smooth,unlike the car seats nowadays that feels thick rubbery and hot,the air con is always blasting and cold,and when the car is travelling along the highway at 100 kmh the entire car feels like its about to take off,u can actually feel the sense of speed like a bicycle thats travelling very fast....unlike the cars nowadays,100kmh feels like nothing.....no wonder people are enticed to speed.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember in the past taxis were owned by the drivers & there was no companies like NTUC, Transcab, ..etc Then the PAP GLCs entered the market to monopolise the business. Now they want to privatise the taxi business again:rolleyes:

In the past these cabs had mini offices around the island & you would call these taxi stands for a cab. That's how they operate in JB. It might benefit the cabbies if they can cut out the middle man e.g. NTUC, cab fares could be cheaper.

However I have my doubts whether the PAP is ready to give up control of the cab business?

hello i just bought 1000 shares of comfort delgro.....pls dont tok cok.

For so many years, many investors have prospected Comfortdelgro as a single digit growth company with earnings coming from various division.

The public transport division (bus & railways) take up almost 45% of the pie, while the taxi division takes up the other 40%. The rest of the 15% can be divided amongst the driving center, car leasing, vehicle inspection and engineering service.

The company has operated at a steady net margin over the years of around 7.5% and they payout about 65% to 70% of the company's earnings as dividend. Dividend yield is at around 4%.

Balance sheet has strengthened over the years and the company has been a net cash company for a long time. Net cash per share is currently at 44 cents.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
time to short CDG then? Seems they given up?

CUNT COMFORT remember went to Su Zhou with Wooden GCT opened taxi firm there and most of their fucking cabs went MIA vanished in PRC thin air! :biggrin: LOL!

0592948dea.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello i just bought 1000 shares of comfort delgro.....pls dont tok cok.

I've never considered investing in a GLC because I don't like political companies. The decisions that these companies make are for the benefit of the big guys.

It's OK if you are just punting the shares but I am a long term investor & have held shares for over 10+ years. The fate of the GLCs are too closely tied to the PAP. Things might be fine now but I wouldn't be surprised if eventually the small investors will be left holding the short end of the stick.