• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SGX LATEST - Sakae Sushi Collapsing!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - Net profit fell by 34.5 per cent at Sakae Holdings in the first half of this year to June 30, falling from $2.5 million last year to $1.7 million, the company said on Wednesday (Aug 12).

Sakae, which manages the Sakae Sushi chain of restaurants, noted that rents have gone up at its outlets. Administrative and operating expenses took a large chunk out of the $33.2 million gross profit, which was 5.7 per cent lower than last year.

Revenue also declined by 2.8 per cent, from $50.3 million to $48.8 million. Sakae attributed this to strong competition in the Singapore food and beverage sector, and added that its Malaysian operations had taken a hit from the introduction of goods and services tax, the weakening ringgit, and political instability.

BigBlackCock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know why people still go for this, there are so much more authentic Japanese gourmet in Sinkieland, Daimaru is really underrated for all I can say.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doug Fool kena suckered by high rentals.......
Plp pappy some more la. Haha poetic justice.
Me eyeing his Beemer i8 went it goes under auction hammer. Huat ah!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sakae Sushi is cash rich.
They were looking for 3000$ dishwashers.

$3,000 Salary On Offer But Still No Takers For Dishwashing Jobs
THE job pays a monthly salary of $3,000 but those who take up dishwashing quit soon after they discover how tough it can be.

This is the observation of Sakae Sushi chief Douglas Foo, who said his restaurant chain's advertisement on social-networking site Facebook for dishwashers, with the pay highlighted, is not a marketing gimmick.

The company has about 30 dishwashers who earn this sum. They work nine hours a day, six days a week. Their monthly wage is what Sakae Sushi also pays managers and supervisors.

Although they are given medical benefits and annual leave, Mr Foo admits that there is little chance of promotion for dishwashers, as each outlet requires only one or two such staff.

"Yes, the salary is high but look, it's a tough job. You stand on your feet, work weekends and it's dirty and wet. Our crew earn less but they get a chance to move up or move out. Most dishwashers don't," he noted.

Mr Foo said he is looking for Singaporeans and permanent residents. "If we can hire a local guy, why not? I'd rather we do this than rely on a foreigner."

At $3,000 a month, dishwashers at Sakae Sushi - who first wash dishes by hand before stacking them into mechanical washers - earn about three times what their counterparts elsewhere get.

The median monthly pay for dishwashers, according to the Manpower Ministry, is $930.

Assistant director of human resources for foodcourt operator Kopitiam, Ms Gina Chua, said a combination of factors make it difficult to hire dishwashers. They include the nature of the work, reactions from the job seeker's families and stiff competition among food outlets for staff.

She added that Kopitiam also faces a dishwasher shortage even though it has tie-ups with agencies like community development councils to publicise openings.

It offers dishwashers a monthly wage of about $1,200.

"We even arranged a shuttle bus to take those interested to work for us, from their neighbourhood to our outlets to have a look at what's in store for them. But in the end, there was no need for the bus because there were so few people," she said.

Other companies are also dangling higher pay to hire staff.

Singapore Business Federation chief operating officer Victor Tay cited the example of a logistics firm which paid drivers $4,800 a month to operate large lorries that transport raw materials to warehouses. But it too faced difficulties in hiring.

Crane operators can earn a monthly salary of about $4,000 with overtime, and this can go up to $6,500 as they gain experience.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the recent PAP price increases it will drive many businesses to close, even those that have supported the PAP in the past.

Will see if anyone is still around to vote for the PAP in the next GE :wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the recent PAP price increases it will drive many businesses to close, even those that have supported the PAP in the past.

Will see if anyone is still around to vote for the PAP in the next GE :wink:

The usual round of price increases had begun, Electricity tariffs & City Gas Tariffs had gone up, LPG Gas prices has gone up. Coming son to a town council near you, except Oppositions, Fees will go up. Water Tariffs will go up 15% this year 2017 & another 15% 2018, that is not all the 15%, you have to add, waterborne fees, conservancy fees , appliances fees plus GST 7% in the same bill.

SOON, THE MIW WILL BE ASKING FOR A RAISE..citing reasons that it hd not gone up for xx number of years & soon GST to 10%, don't forget the upcoming carbon tax & start your vehicle, charge by Km ERP.....akang datang!..

But, stinkerporeans have very thick hides & very deep shafts in their orifices, they feel no pain & to them "suicide is painless"....amazing people....THEY WILL STILL VOTE FOR PAP.....:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...But, stinkerporeans have very thick hides & very deep shafts in their orifices, they feel no pain & to them "suicide is painless"....amazing people....THEY WILL STILL VOTE FOR PAP.....:confused:

This recession is bad. Many GLCs are actually downsizing. The PAP avoided the music by holding early elections but what do you think will happen in the next GE after Sporeans have tasted unemployment & all the price hikes?

Even before the recent price hikes I've heard many complaints that Spore is so expensive. Now with the price hikes, people will complain more. Ultimately people will get very desperate & they will give the PAP a surprise because people cannot live on propaganda & empty promises

By then it will d probably be too late. Spore will be stuck with too many unsold homes, an expensive & unreliable MRT network, too many guest workers, expensive desalination plants, ... It might not be so bad but one would be prudent to plan for the worst :wink:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sakae sushi is not authentic, many years ago, i was observing a jap lady tasting the food there and she just give an irk look on her face.

paiseh for my remarks, i still trying to get rid of my sinkieness, want cheap, want good, want big breasted and the best stay next door.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
This recession is bad. Many GLCs are actually downsizing. The PAP avoided the music by holding early elections but what do you think will happen in the next GE after Sporeans have tasted unemployment & all the price hikes?

Even before the recent price hikes I've heard many complaints that Spore is so expensive. Now with the price hikes, people will complain more. Ultimately people will get very desperate & they will give the PAP a surprise because people cannot live on propaganda & empty promises

By then it will d probably be too late. Spore will be stuck with too many unsold homes, an expensive & unreliable MRT network, too many guest workers, expensive desalination plants, ... It might not be so bad but one would be prudent to plan for the worst :wink:

The " have a lots" will still have a lot, the " have somes" will fall behind and see dreams disappearing, the " have littles" will be bought with candy.

I don't see much hope for property. Probably hdb will hold up with grants . This can set a floor on the market for a while. Once interest rates go up , it will be " interesting ". If no "upgraders " , what will happen ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Suckit Sushi's food is getting more expensive and less tasty. Little wonder it is going down the tubes.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought..I thought, I.....read somewhere, a nuclear power station?. I am still digging up Dr. M., salvo a long while back, on how much Singapore paid for our water in Johor, a long series of press releases...I kept on a HDD.

People complaining....very tired of it already....complain, gripe, grovel & curse....& still loving the PAP...amazing!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought..I thought, I.....read somewhere, a nuclear power station?. I am still digging up Dr. M., salvo a long while back, on how much Singapore paid for our water in Johor, a long series of press releases...I kept on a HDD.

People complaining....very tired of it already....complain, gripe, grovel & curse....& still loving the PAP...amazing!

I was wondering about Spore's intention of going nuclear. If it becomes realty I'll definitely vote with my feet & leave. The PAP can't even run a proper MRT system, or elevators, or windows,....etc

Can you imagine the damage that would caused by an honest mistake

chewlwb

Alfrescian
Loyal

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
dead even before 30% water hike.... mebbe he should have learnt fr ah beng and cheat on the gas also

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was wondering about Spore's intention of going nuclear. If it becomes realty I'll definitely vote with my feet & leave. The PAP can't even run a proper MRT system, or elevators, or windows,....etc

Can you imagine the damage that would caused by an honest mistake

Ever since old fart left the 'building' to find Elvis...everything is slowly but surely, slip slide downwards, only the people here fail to notice. Unemployment on a massive scale started in 1984, when some wise mathematician was the Finance minister & raise CPF rates to 40%..that, many here have forgotten & is oblivious to the pain.....only in 1991 election they rattled the PAP. But, Singaporeans, have short memories & dense in the head.

I shudder!...with the nuclear power station....with their standard of maintenance, even the desalination plant...it is a "wonder". Have you noticed that, you fill a bucket of water to mop the floor, you leave the water standing for a few hours..it smells like the water from the canals...I thought it was my imagination...I asked the neighbours maid...they confirmed they have the same problem...

My point is....& your point....how many "honest mistakes" will we see...we make "honest mistakes" shipping military equipments by sea to see them "seize" by another country....how many "honest mistakes" will do us in?

The late old fart..like or hate him...we can count on him...but his offspring!....honestly, it is a mistake....is in charge.:p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My point is....& your point....how many "honest mistakes" will we see...we make "honest mistakes" shipping military equipments by sea to see them "seize" by another country....how many "honest mistakes" will do us in?

I think it's too late for Spore & Spreans now. Even if we had a change in gov't tomorrow, we are already stuck with millions of guest workers, unemployment, & expensive white elephants. The CPF is also probably all gone by now.