• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Serial Rapist Amit Singhal kicked out by Uber. Guess The Race

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will Singapore recruit this guy under the name of Foreign Talent Policy?

Uber Executive, Linked to an Old Harassment Claim, Resigns

SAN FRANCISCO — A little more than a week after Uber faced stinging accusations that it had ignored female employees’ complaints of sexual harassment, the company dismissed the head of its engineering efforts for failing to disclose a sexual harassment claim from his previous job.

The executive, Amit Singhal, joined Uber last month after overseeing Google’s search efforts in a 15-year career at that company. He was asked to resign on Monday by Travis Kalanick, Uber’s chief executive.

The move came after Uber learned that Mr. Singhal did not disclose the circumstances of his departure from Google, according to a person familiar with the matter who was not allowed to speak on private personnel issues and asked for anonymity.

The swift dismissal of Mr. Singhal, a high-profile hire who signaled Uber’s ability to attract the technology industry’s most sought-after executives, comes at a particularly inopportune time for Uber, which is struggling with complaints that a rough-and-tumble culture has allowed sexual harassment to go unpunished. And it may be an indication of how the company is shifting to deal with future problems.

Continue reading the main story
ADVERTISEMENT

Continue reading the main story

The former Uber engineer Susan Fowler and other current and former employees have claimed that the company’s human resources officials repeatedly ignored harassment claims about employees who were “top performers.”

Uber asked Eric H. Holder Jr., who served as attorney general under President Obama, to investigate those claims. He is joined by the media mogul Arianna Huffington, a member of Uber’s board of directors, and Tammy Albarran, a partner at Mr. Holder’s law firm, Covington and Burling.

Last week, the Uber investors Mitch Kapor and Freada Kapor Klein wrote in an open letter to the company that they were frustrated with how Uber had handled its culture issues and that they had “hit a dead end in trying to influence the company quietly from the inside.”

The issue involving Mr. Singhal dates to 2015, when he was still at Google. The search giant deemed an employee’s claim of sexual harassment against Mr. Singhal “credible” in an internal investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter who declined to be identified because they were not allowed to speak on the matter.

Bits
Get the latest technology news and buzz from around the web.

Enter your email address

Receive occasional updates and special offers for The New York Times's products and services.

SEE SAMPLE PRIVACY POLICY
Mr. Singhal’s resignation from Uber was first reported by the technology news website Recode.

Google was prepared to dismiss Mr. Singhal because of the claim, Recode said, but ultimately he resigned on his own in February 2016. In his goodbye note to the company, there was no mention of a sexual harassment claim against him, or any other signs of problems. In fact, the company held a goodbye party for Mr. Singhal, according to two people who attended the party, one a current Google employee and another a former employee. At the time, Mr. Singhal said he wanted to devote time to philanthropy; he joined Uber less than a year later.

“Harassment is unacceptable in any setting,” Mr. Singhal said in a statement Monday. “I certainly want everyone to know that I do not condone and have not committed such behavior. In my 20-year career, I’ve never been accused of anything like this before, and the decision to leave Google was my own.”

Uber and Google declined to comment on Mr. Singhal.

Mr. Singhal was hired to oversee Uber’s mapping division as well as a unit that runs the dispatching, marketing and pricing of Uber cars. He reported directly to Travis Kalanick, Uber’s chief executive, and advised Anthony Levandowski, who runs the company’s self-driving automobile efforts.

Mr. Singhal’s dismissal is another example of both the talent pipeline and the competition between Google and Uber. Last week, Waymo, the self-driving car company spun off from Google, filed a lawsuit against Uber accusing it of colluding with Mr. Levandowski, a former Google employee, to steal its autonomous vehicle technology. Uber called the suit “baseless.”

Uber, now privately valued at nearly $70 billion, has raised a dizzying amount of money from venture capitalists around Silicon Valley. One of its early investors was GV, the venture capital arm of Google’s parent company, Alphabet. In August, David Drummond, a longtime Alphabet executive who was instrumental in GV’s $250 million investment in Uber in 2013, stepped down from Uber’s board of directors as it became increasingly clear the two companies were on a collision course.

Mr. Singhal, hired by Google in 2000, was that company’s 176th employee, and he rewrote many of the original search algorithms created by the company’s founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Mr. Singhal is credited as one of the engineers who built the smarter and faster search engine that gave Google what has proved to be an insurmountable advantage in web search.

Upon joining Uber, Mr. Singhal wrote on his blog that he felt like Uber was a “geek’s candy store” because it was trying to solve “one of the most challenging computer science problems I’ve encountered in my thirty-year career.”

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Women in Workplace. Beware of Indian Boss and their Sexual Harassments

http://time.com/4685082/uber-sexual-harassment-amit-singhal/

uber-executive-depart_wong.jpg

bio_singhal_full.jpg

Companies

A Top Uber Executive Is Out After Failing to Disclose a Sexual Harassment Allegation, Report Says

Associated Press
1:23 AM UTC

(NEW YORK) — A top engineering executive at Uber, Amit Singhal, is out five weeks after his hire was announced. According to a report in the tech blog Recode, Singhal failed to disclose that he'd left his previous job at Google because of a sexual harassment allegation.

Singhal denied the allegation and said he left Google a year ago for his own reasons.

The dustup is just the latest sign of turmoil at Uber, which last week found itself in an unrelated sexual harassment firestorm. That stemmed from a detailed essay published by a former female Uber engineer, who charged that her prospects at the company evaporated after she complained about sexual advances from her boss. In the post about her year at Uber , Susan Fowler said the company's human resources department ignored her complaints because her boss was a high performer.

Uber CEO Travis Kalanick has called for an independent investigation of those issues, and the company has hired former Attorney General Eric Holder to help.

In a statement emailed to The Associated Press, Singhal said: "Harassment is unacceptable in any setting. I certainly want everyone to know that I do not condone and have not committed such behavior. In my 20-year career, I've never been accused of anything like this before and the decision to leave Google was my own."

According to Recode, Singhal left Google after executives there informed him of a harassment allegation lodged by an employee, one an internal investigation had found "credible." Citing unnamed sources at Uber, Recode said the company did "extensive background checks of Singhal" but did not uncover "any hint of the circumstances of his departure from Google."

Representatives for Google did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday. Uber declined to comment beyond confirming that Singhal is no longer with the company.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Singapore Women in Workplace. Beware of Indian Boss and their Sexual Harassments

I am worried for women working in DBS and do you know who is the chief of DBS?
aware is keeping silent.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore Women in Workplace. Beware of Indian Boss and their Sexual Harassments

That is women's' problem. non of the men's business.

They can either go protest and kick all the Indian men out of the workplace or the women stop working and stay at home.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

If u got a Indian co workers.
It extremely dangerous.

If u got a Malay co workers.
U be extremely busy.
m&ds are lazy bums

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Really a bold faced liar. If he left on his own accord, he would have challenged Google and Uber.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indian shits are beast to start with.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It could be a false accusation.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking shitskin Hindu Pakis are like pariahs everywhere..

[video=youtube;AOCymgFZsw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCymgFZsw4[/video]