• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Record' anti-venom dose saves boy from deadly spider

Notorious

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Record' anti-venom dose saves boy from deadly Australian spider

AFP on February 24, 2017, 6:36 pm

58afe440d0222_a21b114a49f70a08327775299e6d6f87c19254ae.jpg

Sydney (AFP) - A 10-year-old Australian boy has survived a bite from one of the world's deadliest spiders after taking a record 12 vials of anti-venom, local media reported.

Matthew Mitchell was helping his dad clear out the back shed at their home north of Sydney when he was bitten on the finger by a funnel-web spider, that had been lurking in his shoe.

?It sort of clawed onto me and all the legs and everything crawled around my finger and I couldn?t get it off,? he told Friday's Daily Telegraph.

His family used his shirt as a compression bandage to try and slow the venom's spread and rushed him to hospital.

He experienced convulsions but survived after being given 12 vials of anti-venom, which local media said was an Australian record.

The funnel-web spider is among the world's deadliest spiders. Its venom attacks the nervous system causing foaming at the mouth, muscle spasms and potentially death.

The spider was caught and taken to the Australian Reptile Park where it will be milked as part of their program to develop anti-venom.

The 10-year-old was ?as lucky as they get?, Australian Reptile Park general manager Tim Faulkner told The Telegraph.

Australia is home to a startling number of the world's deadliest creatures, including snakes, spiders, jellyfish and octopuses.

The funnel web is particularly feared but no deaths have been recorded since the anti-venom was developed in the 1980s.

AFP

IndoMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No joke.. a huge spider greeted me during my stay at an AirBnB in Perth. Fking thing wouldn't die no matter how hard we whacked it. Had to burn it using fire before it finally died..

Rainowar

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Record' anti-venom dose saves boy from deadly Australian spider

AFP on February 24, 2017, 6:36 pm

58afe440d0222_a21b114a49f70a08327775299e6d6f87c19254ae.jpg

Sydney (AFP) - A 10-year-old Australian boy has survived a bite from one of the world's deadliest spiders after taking a record 12 vials of anti-venom, local media reported.

Matthew Mitchell was helping his dad clear out the back shed at their home north of Sydney when he was bitten on the finger by a funnel-web spider, that had been lurking in his shoe.

?It sort of clawed onto me and all the legs and everything crawled around my finger and I couldn?t get it off,? he told Friday's Daily Telegraph.

His family used his shirt as a compression bandage to try and slow the venom's spread and rushed him to hospital.

He experienced convulsions but survived after being given 12 vials of anti-venom, which local media said was an Australian record.

The funnel-web spider is among the world's deadliest spiders. Its venom attacks the nervous system causing foaming at the mouth, muscle spasms and potentially death.

The spider was caught and taken to the Australian Reptile Park where it will be milked as part of their program to develop anti-venom.

The 10-year-old was ?as lucky as they get?, Australian Reptile Park general manager Tim Faulkner told The Telegraph.

Australia is home to a startling number of the world's deadliest creatures, including snakes, spiders, jellyfish and octopuses.

The funnel web is particularly feared but no deaths have been recorded since the anti-venom was developed in the 1980s.

AFP

Everything can kill u here even birds