• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man arrested after driving off with policeman hanging on to car

Cremo

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2073732/chinese-man-arrested-after-driving-policeman-hanging-car

Chinese man arrested after driving off with policeman hanging on to car

Man drove for 1km with officer hanging precariously on his vehicle, before other drivers stopped him

PUBLISHED : Friday, 24 February, 2017, 1:42pm
UPDATED : Friday, 24 February, 2017, 2:06pm

Kinling Lo

23667298c6e7e27f67ec6964dc57b02f7fd8484f.jpg

A man has been arrested in eastern China after he refused a road check and drove off with a police officer hanging on to the front of his car, Chinese media reported.

The 62-year-old driver, surnamed Liang, was eventually stopped only after other drivers blocked his way upon seeing the officer hanging on precariously to the windscreen, the Qianjiang Evening News reported.

By then, Liang had driven for about 1km, the report said.

The incident happened in Shaoxing, Zhejiang province on Monday.

Traffic police had stopped Liang in his black five-seat van at 8am after he ran the traffic lights at an intersection.

“I was in a bad mood and my mind was a mess,” Liang told police after the incident.

Viral video shows angry Chinese driver hitting, hurling abuse at traffic police

Instead of coming to a full stop, Liang stepped on the accelerator and injured the hand of a police officer before slowing to a halt, the report said.

Upon seeing that, more officers approached the car to order Liang out of car and show his driver’s licence.

The injured officer also moved his motorbike in front of Liang’s car to stop him getting away.

But the driver refused to roll down his window and stepped on the accelerator again, the report said.

The injured officer, who had been standing in front of the car, was knocked off his feet as he tried to stop the moving vehicle, and rolled on top of the car’s bonnet.

Chinese driver faints at the wheel and hits parked car after five days of extreme dieting

He grabbed on to the windscreen as he tried to order Liang to stop.

“I used one hand to smash the windscreen with my walkie-talkie while I held on to the bonnet with the other hand,” the officer was quoted as saying. “But he ignored me.”

Liang’s car was finally stopped after a few other drivers, who were shocked to see the officer on the moving vehicle, caught up with Liang and used their own vehicles to block his van moving further.

The driver was arrested for obstructing public officers from performing their duties.

Road rage nation: China's roads host 17 million incidents this year, most of them committed by men

He told police later that he had felt annoyed to be stopped and checked by the traffic police and had lost his temper.

He was not found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the report said.

The police officer was hospitalised until Friday for injuries to his hand and chest, it added.