• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Is IKEA building a death trap ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever walked into IKEA building for a quick meal or just to check on one item only to realize that you cannot get out of the building without touring the entire IKEA market hall ?

Yes, they have short cut, but the short cut is not short at all. You still need to jump through hoops after hoops before coming to a full circle.

I wonder if they have received approval from BCA or the Fire Department for a "dead-end" type of layout to force customers to go through all that products. The whole place will go stampede if there is a fire breakout!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you ever walked into IKEA building for a quick meal or just to check on one item only to realize that you cannot get out of the building without touring the entire IKEA market hall ?

Yes, they have short cut, but the short cut is not short at all. You still need to jump through hoops after hoops before coming to a full circle.

I wonder if they have received approval from BCA or the Fire Department for a "dead-end" type of layout to force customers to go through all that products. The whole place will go stampede if there is a fire breakout!

If you have been to IKEA often you will know the shortest cut out to the cashier area, if you look at the EXIt sign, LIT IN GREEN, it will lead you out if there is a fire. There are clearly mark fire exit...with the bar latch you push downwards the door open out, WITH A RED WARNING SIGN that says....an alarm will ring if you pushes the latch...maybe, this is you first visit to IKEA.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Spot on. I also kena trap at NEX got 1 exit only escalator to go up totally no staircase nor any method to go down they want to force patrons to pass some shops to shop and spend before exiting.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have been to IKEA often you will know the shortest cut out to the cashier area, if you look at the EXIt sign, LIT IN GREEN, it will lead you out if there is a fire. There are clearly mark fire exit...with the bar latch you push downwards the door open out, WITH A RED WARNING SIGN that says....an alarm will ring if you pushes the latch...maybe, this is you first visit to IKEA.

I have seen those exits. If there is a fire, you can't be sure if it can be opened. Anyway, I am more concerned about the short cut to exit the building. There is a short cut and it simply not short enough. You still have to make your way past many departments.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. I also kena trap at NEX got 1 exit only escalator to go up totally no staircase nor any method to go down they want to force patrons to pass some shops to shop and spend before exiting.

You wonder if they have received approval from Fire Department.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the event of a fire , do not head to the normal exit. Look out for signs hung on the ceiling indicating the direction to the nearest fire / emergency exit staircases

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The death trap is not Ikea which has clear exit signs for emergencies. Its is Mustapha. No hope of reaching the exit as they place is cluttered. After years, the Fire Department finally took action.