• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Halimah Yacob on the her thoughts on running for President

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When asked if she considered running, this is what replied

"My paramount consideration is service to Singapore which I am doing by wholeheartedly focusing on my current responsibilities."

"Regardless of our position of service, it is more important to stay focused on the same core mission, which is to do our best for Singapore,"

She graduated as lawyer, began life as a legal officer with NTUC and then MP while progressing thru the NTUC hierarchy. Her response is really very poor. She has been given positions on meeting the invisible quota all her life and she probably has no idea how to earn it.

Looks at what Abdullah Tarmugi said in reply to the same questions. Note the strark difference.

"I'd be lying if I say that friends have not been asking me about it. I suppose that is to be expected. If you look at the people who qualify, it is not that big a pool," he said.

"But when my friends suggest that, I tell them: Hold on, hold on... It is still early days yet. And I've got to think of my own preferences, my life, my family and my privacy. This is not a journey I take myself."

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie be hard on pap reject cheapskate malai from President.

Reject reject protest.

Lhl sind when cpf was raised no protest. Now shoe this Ah quah the real stuff.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She's thinking too much, she will just be a muppet.

Give her some airtime to talk shit and sound noble lah. After she becomes president, her quiet action will be louder and clearer to all that all she cares about is the millions that will enter her pockets.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it's these 2 m&d candidate running...I will spoil the vote. But in a GE or BE..I will vote OPPO even if slipper Man is the candidate...Or Got More Shit Aka Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she can't give an intelligent answer to a question like that it does show that substance is lacking. There is no need to confirm or commit to the press that she is running for PE but at least give a sincere and to be honest and give an intelligent reply. This sounds like the stock reply that you often here at beauty pagent when asked about how they are going to contribute to society.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If she can't give an intelligent answer to a question like that it does show that substance is lacking. There is no need to confirm or commit to the press that she is running for PE but at least give a sincere and to be honest and give an intelligent reply. This sounds like the stock reply that you often here at beauty pagent when asked about how they are going to contribute to society.
beauty pageant:confused:
sounds more like a makchik comparing prices of ikan kuning with fishmonger at gelang serai, talk about gravitas :eek:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
sounds more like a makchik comparing prices of ikan kuning with fishmonger at gelang serai, talk about gravitas :eek:

Pls lah! Tos maciks will speak their mind off, its only tos who cant stand on their own two feet and hve been a running dog will gve such stoopid reply. Soon she be the Clueless President of Sillypore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
On key aspect of the elected President that was constantly drummed into Singaporeans when it was first mooted and subsequently when legislation was put forth to parliament is that that candidate must have exposure to running financials of major entities as we looking at reserves to be unlocked in times of needs. So financial management attributes became the bedrock of setting the qualifying criteria. So Perm Secs do qualify in view of their budget etc and thus SR Nathan's nomination.

This woman has no such background whatsoever. And we are asking her to do something where the basic qualifying requirement in the spirit when it was first proposed has not been met. It just makes a mockery of the whole process.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Choose between the MeeRebus MakChik or the Ayam Penyet Man.
Prata and Chicken Rice not on the menu folks.

what kind of a choice is that? even communist cuntries hv better choices than that

why cunt we hv a Buddhist or Taoist or Jewish Prez afterall it is also about time for one according to papig musical chair

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dun see any whether top or bottom or from front or doggie...........
very clear PAP killed many birds with ONE stone and shame to the melayu who desires to be voted in as ePrez....... no honour, no scruple knowing that she is being made use of by LHL