• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat why is motorbike so prone to accident?

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
today in short,
I saw 2 motorbike accidents withthin 4 hours. All nothing to do with rainy or wet floor.
1) BKE just toward SLE/cte. caused a massive jam. collision with a red car. injury only.
2) leng kee road. collision with a silver car. injury . cause moderate jam all the way to toing bahru road.
etc..

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u asking why a 2 wheel vehicle is inherently less stable than a 4 wheel vehicle.

Actually ts asked why motorbike is so prone to accident and not prone to fall. As motorbike is of lesser material so the probability of hitting it is less than a car by quite a big gap, which make sense.
Motorbike should be less prone to accident but much more drastic outcome for sure.
The answer lies within the theory of every human beings has equal chance of dying... so in actual fact smaller size does not mean lesser chance of hitting.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sporeans & all the residents of Spore have poor eyesight lah & probably didn't see those tiny motorcycles.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 wheeler not necessary unsafe.
my old uncle riding motorbike from 40 to age 80.no accident before.
recently he finally decided to decommission the bike.

He is just lucky. I use to have a motor bike when I was younger & had a few close shaves with slippery roads. For example when it rains you can lose traction. It is called hydroplaning https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=dQ6VWJ7qI--q8wfx2KSQDA

It was raining & I was going downhill when I started to slide down the hill. I tried to brake but the motor cycle kept going down hill.

Have also hit an oil patch on the road & would have taken a tumble but fortunately I was paying attention & managed to put my foot down & I regained my balance. I once saw someone take a tumble because there was gravel on the road which made the road slippery.

Nowadays it is even more dangerous because there are more cars on the road with impatient drivers.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is just lucky. I use to have a motor bike when I was younger & had a few close shaves with slippery roads. For example when it rains you can lose traction. It is called hydroplaning https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=dQ6VWJ7qI--q8wfx2KSQDA

It was raining & I was going downhill when I started to slide down the hill. I tried to brake but the motor cycle kept going down hill.

Have also hit an oil patch on the road & would have taken a tumble but fortunately I was paying attention & managed to put my foot down & I regained my balance. I once saw someone take a tumble because there was gravel on the road which made the road slippery.

Nowadays it is even more dangerous because there are more cars on the road with impatient drivers.

bicycle yes.
I too have my share.
chionging down slop with wet floor. bleed until jialat jialt. childhood day
brake moderate hard on a wet floor .lose control . injury. teenage days

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 wheeler not necessary unsafe.
my old uncle riding motorbike from 40 to age 80.no accident before.
recently he finally decided to decommission the bike.

Like bro mentioned he is very lucky.
Even if you are best defensive most safety rider in the world also can kena killed due to no fault of his but by some idiot driver mistake. Even kena acts of god lets say falling tree truck......car driver likely won't mati but motorbiker higher chance mati