• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Wing Tai Holdings

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"There is also delisting speculation swirling around property companies such as Wing Tai Holdings and Ho Bee Land. "The delisting of local brand names does deprive investors of the opportunity to invest in them and participate in their growth stories," said EY Asean and Singapore managing partner Max Loh, without naming any particular counter"

Ho bee delisting rumors have gone on for donkey years already.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didnt read that report. Why did the broking houses recommend a buy for Wing Tai?

Hi, I cannot locate the article but I do have this report from OCBC dated 17 Nov 2016.

Wing Tai Holdings Ltd: Muted set of 1QFY17 results

Given soft conditions in the domestic real estate space, Wing Tai’s earnings continued its downtrend over the latest quarter as the group’s 1QFY17 PATMI decreased 48% YoY to S$1.1m (versus S$2.0m in 1QFY16).

Topline over the quarter similarly slipped 59% YoY to S$70.2m largely due to lower numbers from the property development division, and we also saw share of profits from JVs and associates fall 21% YoY to S$5.8m given weaker contributions from Wing Tai Properties Ltd in Hong Kong. We judge this quarter’s result to be broadly within expectations.

In Sep 2016, the group acquired a freehold commercial building in Melbourne, Australia, with a site area of 1,270 sqm and we understand management is keen to explore investment opportunities in the markets it operates in. With its portfolio of prime residential and investment assets and a low gearing of 5% with S$965.7m cash, the group remains well-positioned to ride out the current down-cycle and make accretive acquisitions opportunistically.

Maintain BUY with an unchanged fair value estimate of S$2.43.
(Eli Lee)

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wing Tai is trading at $1.75 today. Its Chairman is Cheung Wai Keung, Deputy Chairman of Temasek Holdings. It is a well run company and should see a run up in the next two months.

Will it go to $2? Will Cheung privatise Wing Tai to avoid paying charges for unsold properties?

The NAV of Wing Tai is more than $4. Good stock to look at if you have spare money to make aquick profit

Wing Tai rose to $1.78 this morning. That's up 3cents from yesterday morning's $1.75 despite STI gg down

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I cannot locate the article but I do have this report from OCBC dated 17 Nov 2016.

Given soft conditions in the domestic real estate space, Wing Tai’s earnings continued its downtrend over the latest quarter as the group’s 1QFY17 PATMI decreased 48% YoY to S$1.1m (versus S$2.0m in 1QFY16).

Topline over the quarter similarly slipped 59% YoY to S$70.2m largely due to lower numbers from the property development division, and we also saw share of profits from JVs and associates fall 21% YoY to S$5.8m given weaker contributions from Wing Tai Properties Ltd in Hong Kong. We judge this quarter’s result to be broadly within expectations.

In Sep 2016, the group acquired a freehold commercial building in Melbourne, Australia, with a site area of 1,270 sqm and we understand management is keen to explore investment opportunities in the markets it operates in. With its portfolio of prime residential and investment assets and a low gearing of 5% with S$965.7m cash, the group remains well-positioned to ride out the current down-cycle and make accretive acquisitions opportunistically.

(Eli Lee)

Thank you. Good to know that OCB recommended a buy. Hope it will reach $2 soon

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

(Eli Lee)

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/uniqlo-jv-helps-to-lift-wing-tais-h1-profit

Wing Tai profit rose 3%

Will we see WT price rise tomorrow?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as usual, ts is overcompensating and making a lot of noise just to talk up the sinkie stock shit. it's still shitty no matter how hard she tries. :biggrin:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
as usual, ts is overcompensating and making a lot of noise just to talk up the sinkie stock shit. it's still shitty no matter how hard she tries. :biggrin:

You are showing your naivety again. No one can talk up a bad share. in equity trading there are pockets of bright spots in a sea of darkness. If I see a bright spot, why not share it? it is up to the buyer to do due diligence and check it out himself. If I talk nonsense, he will know it.

Wing Tai has put on 2% in three trading days! That's a good rise!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

A 3% rise in profit is not what I said. It was reported in the company's announcement yesterday

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A 3% rise in profit is not what I said. It was reported in the company's announcement yesterday

2 replies to 1 post constitute case for overcompensation. moreover i mentioned nothing about you mentioning a 3% rise in profit. that's case for imagination and hallucination. :biggrin:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 replies to 1 post constitute case for overcompensation. moreover i mentioned nothing about you mentioning a 3% rise in profit. that's case for imagination and hallucination. :biggrin:

to make it easier for you to understand, i need to confine one reply to one issue. having two issues in one reply will overwhelming simpletons.

for example, do you know the difference between a 2% rise in 3 days and a 3% rise in profits?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to make it easier for you to understand, i need to confine one reply to one issue. having two issues in one reply will overwhelming simpletons.

for example, do you know the difference between a 2% rise in 3 days and a 3% rise in profits?

all i know is that i have a huge rise this morning. this is yhuge!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was told Wing Tai family is related to Royal Lee family.
Wing Tai and gecko JV invested in Malaysia properties under wing tai's Malaysian vehicle DNP Berhad.
Any truth or not I'm not certain but if true then wing Tai is another crony company so sure will be well
Looked after by pap

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wing Tai and gecko JV invested in Malaysia properties under wing tai's Malaysian vehicle DNP Berhad.
Any truth or not I'm not certain but if true then wing Tai is another crony company so sure will be well
Looked after by pap

Wing Tai's Chairman Cheung Wau Keung is not Dy Chairman of Temasek Holdings for no good reason. Also, its overseas businesses and Uniglo business are doing well.

That's why I recommend a buy on Wing Tai

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not related but very close to the establishment. They were one of pioneer companies to be brought over by GKS for Jurong Industrial Estate. Started with garment manufacturing but now properties and retail. The family is from HK and continue to maintain their ties with HK. At every stage of the economic changes they worked very closely with the establishment. The Head chap has been sitting on Temasek Board for many years and now No2 after Lim Boon Heng.

Close to the Shaw as well.

Looked after by pap

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wing Tai is trading at $1.75 today. Its Chairman is Cheung Wai Keung, Deputy Chairman of Temasek Holdings. It is a well run company and should see a run up in the next two months.

Will it go to $2? Will Cheung privatise Wing Tai to avoid paying charges for unsold properties?

The NAV of Wing Tai is more than $4. Good stock to look at if you have spare money to make aquick profit

Wing Tai rose to $1.85 today. Rising 6% in 6 trading days is very good

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

i just called my brokers to Q to sell at S$1.98 .