• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Wing Tai Holdings

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gahman eases some property cooling measures, cutting sellers' stamp duty (SSD) by 4 percentage points and slightly relaxing total debt servicing ratio framework (TDSR).

The new ruling kicks in tomorrow.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gahman eases some property cooling measures, cutting sellers' stamp duty (SSD) by 4 percentage points and slightly relaxing total debt servicing ratio framework (TDSR).

The new ruling kicks in tomorrow.

Why this news no good? Can sell faster and can buy easier good right? Govt also can earn more stamp duty and what not from more vibrant property transactions.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why this news no good? Can sell faster and can buy easier good right? Govt also can earn more stamp duty and what not from more vibrant property transactions.

Must thank comrade Xi for his excellent work otherwise property curbs will never be relaxed.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. Wing Tai doesnt have to pay the $100+m charges if it goes private

I have no idea on Wing Tai as i do not own their shares and was never interested. However, given that it's float is 773m shares and at S$1.93 per share. The interest on the borrowings needed to bring the company private just to avoid $100+m of QC seems a very drastic measure, not?

Not saying it won't go private, but imo, highly unlikely due to QC.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought I would revive this thread. I did buy into Wing Tai earlier on and sold at 1.92. It has come down since and could be worth a look once it hits 1.70 or so.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought I would revive this thread. I did buy into Wing Tai earlier on and sold at 1.92. It has come down since and could be worth a look once it hits 1.70 or so.

good point. I sold mine at $1.93 and am looking to buy at below $1.80. It will go up again to $1.90. No need to try to catch it at rock bottom. It may take a long time to reach $1.70. But if you trade within a range along the way, can make good money. Buy ay $1.80 and sell at $1.90 is not bad for this lethargic SG situation

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good point. I sold mine at $1.93 and am looking to buy at below $1.80. It will go up again to $1.90. No need to try to catch it at rock bottom. It may take a long time to reach $1.70. But if you trade within a range along the way, can make good money. Buy ay $1.80 and sell at $1.90 is not bad for this lethargic SG situation

Alright I'll look again at around 1.80 and note the buying/selling bids and the general sentiment then and buy in.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

There was a single trade of 500,000 shares this morning. Looks like there are some institutional support for Wing Tai.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
oso rooks like sum institutional unsupport 4 wing tai ...

not necessary. maybe the institution bought WT at $1.39 and is realising the profits of its good investment. Cant say that it is unsupport. in finance terms, we call it "realising profits".

The main thing we learn from this morning's 500,000 share trade is that an institution finds that WT is worth buying at $1.842. Dont read too much into the one who is selling. so you can take comfort that WT is at least valued at $1.842