• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Wing Tai Holdings

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
since I started this thread in Feb, WT share price rose 20% in the last six months. This is a very impressive increase. But it is still not the end of the rise. I expect it to increase another 20% to reach $2.50.

Anyone disagrees with me?

Silly if you do not unclench your fist in the jar just because you want to sell at the top. :rolleyes:

CKMPD might well be correct about the medium term direction of Wing Tai. The banks and Reits have run up , the O&G sector is still in the doldrums but yet to run up are the property counters and it appears that property interest has bottomed out and is picking up. Within the property sector, CityDev has run up more than WT percentage wise , so all in all I think WT can rise some more.

I bought at 2.02 recently but not very much though. I have put some money into netlink, having got some from the IPO and also bought from the open market when trading commenced.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Silly if you do not unclench your fist in the jar just because you want to sell at the top. :rolleyes:

I am different from silly minister. My investment strategy is to buy low, sell high. I follow my own advice...I dont clench my fist over the share and hold them to the highest price.

My strategy is simple for eg this WT case:

1. Buy at $1.70, sell at $1.87 when it reaches my profit target of 10%
2. Buy back when it reaches $1.75, sell when it reaches $1.92
3. Buy when it goes down to $1.80, sell when it reaches $2

in that way, i dont clench my fist and get trapped like the silly ministers

simple strategy...dont be greedy

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
CKMPD might well be correct about the medium term direction of Wing Tai. The banks and Reits have run up , the O&G sector is still in the doldrums but yet to run up are the property counters and it appears that property interest has bottomed out and is picking up. Within the property sector, CityDev has run up more than WT percentage wise , so all in all I think WT can rise some more.

I bought at 2.02 recently but not very much though. I have put some money into netlink, having got some from the IPO and also bought from the open market when trading commenced.

WT's potential is there.

if can hold, still good to buy

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha. I am glad you are following my thread on silly minister!

so are you suggesting that I shd sell WT at $2.10?

I in cash for a while, not good for me to make specific recommendation when not informed. Just general caution madam.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wing Tai is up 2c (1%) today. Buying support is good today. Will we see it rise over the next few days?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

WT is up 5c (2.4%) this morning. More upside today?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

WT is up 6c (3%) today. It is bullish with much support. I expect it to rise further in the late afternoon.

This is a far cry from the $1.70 you were hoping to buy. Hope you managed to buy some at $1.80

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wing Tai, in its Financial Results announcement today, declared a dividend of 6cents per share which works out to a yield of 2.8%, NTA increased 3c to $4.07. A good result and we shd see WT price go up soon

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
WING Tai Holdings has posted a net profit of S$9.49 million for the fourth quarter ended June 30, up from a profit of S$1.88 million in the same year-ago period

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wing Tai, in its Financial Results announcement today, declared a dividend of 6cents per share which works out to a yield of 2.8%, NTA increased 3c to $4.07. A good result and we shd see WT price go up soon

WT reached a 52week high of $2.17 within 10mins of today's opening. More upside the next few days

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought I would revive this thread. I did buy into Wing Tai earlier on and sold at 1.92. It has come down since and could be worth a look once it hits 1.70 or so.

WT share price rose 4.4% in aug 2017. In contrast solid blue chip DBS lost 4.6% and SPH lost 5.2%. What a difference in price performance by WT and TH holdings counter.

Will this difference continue in Sep where we will see another 5 to 10% price increase by WT? Let's wait and see