• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Low GDP Growth Is Good For Singaporeans

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Less foreign workers
Less people on the road
Less shoppers
Rentals are lower
Goods are cheaper
Cost of living is lower

Low growth is good for Singaporeans as they dont benefit from high growth but have to pay for higher cost of living

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to the wet market this morning and was surprised to find that it was not crowded unlike previous years.

Singapore must be having real economic problems to see such muted celebrations for Lunar New Year

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to the wet market this morning and was surprised to find that it was not crowded unlike previous years.

Singapore must be having real economic problems to see such muted celebrations for Lunar New Year

We are all celebrating LNY overseas in hip places like Osaka and Kyoto. No time to mingle with poor people.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wet market is for poor FTs PMET Pinoys and Ah Nehs who work for free for PAP GLCS.

Happy chnese new year to everyone here. 新年快乐。

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Less foreign workers
Less people on the road
Less shoppers
Rentals are lower
Goods are cheaper
Cost of living is lower

Low growth is good for Singaporeans as they dont benefit from high growth but have to pay for higher cost of living

High gdp growth is good for see fart loong but bad for Singaporean.
Low gdp growth is good for Singaporean but bad for see fart loong.
So da best is average gdp growth .

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are all celebrating LNY overseas in hip places like Osaka and Kyoto. No time to mingle with poor people.

I am happy for you that you are able to enjoy the LNY overseas. Have a good time

Last edited by a moderator:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wet market is for poor FTs PMET Pinoys and Ah Nehs who work for free for PAP GLCS.

Happy chnese new year to everyone here. 新年快乐。

Actually we can sense the state of SG's economy by looking at how hawker centres are faring

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
High gdp growth is good for see fart loong but bad for Singaporean.
Low gdp growth is good for Singaporean but bad for see fart loong.
So da best is average gdp growth .

Yes, good GDP growth is good for PAP and the bosses because they dont share the fruits of growth equitably

Bad economy is good for singaporeans

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, good GDP growth is good for PAP and the bosses because they dont share the fruits of growth equitably

Bad economy is good for singaporeans

U sure bad economy good for sinkies? You mind retrenchment, pay cut or stagnant pay?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Less foreign workers
Less people on the road
Less shoppers
Rentals are lower
Goods are cheaper
Cost of living is lower

haha!

Back in 2004 I thought about this. An economically successful Singapore would bring about more competition. Property prices would go higher. COE prices would go higher. Population would increase. Costs would go higher. Life would be harder and harder and more competitive with each passing generation. Doesn't sound very enticing.

But then with a situation where Singapore property prices fell by half to more "affordable levels" that would mean some kind of economic collapse, and "affordable" is relative right? Would salaries remain high? COE prices fall to half.....same. Population decrease.....not good for Singapore economically. Costs drop. Life became easier and easier........sounds more like Singapore would have collapsed already.

So staying in Singapore is a no win situation. The problem is not the government. It is not the PAP. It is the small tiny land space and the stinky culture Kiasu Kiasee Singaporean mindset that is the problem.

hence I decide to migrate. Stay in Singapore to fight for what? Tiny dot and stinky people. I have better things to do with my life. But that is just me. You guys fight the good fight.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha!

Back in 2004 I thought about this. An economically successful Singapore would bring about more competition. Property prices would go higher. COE prices would go higher. Population would increase. Costs would go higher. Life would be harder and harder and more competitive with each passing generation. Doesn't sound very enticing.

But then with a situation where Singapore property prices fell by half to more "affordable levels" that would mean some kind of economic collapse, and "affordable" is relative right? Would salaries remain high? COE prices fall to half.....same. Population decrease.....not good for Singapore economically. Costs drop. Life became easier and easier........sounds more like Singapore would have collapsed already.

So staying in Singapore is a no win situation. The problem is not the government. It is not the PAP. It is the small tiny land space and the stinky culture Kiasu Kiasee Singaporean mindset that is the problem.

hence I decide to migrate. Stay in Singapore to fight for what? Tiny dot and stinky people. I have better things to do with my life. But that is just me. You guys fight the good fight.

What Singapore is facing now are very different from what you experienced in 2004. The conditions for economic growth back then are very different. Nowadays, the PAP is devoid of ideas. Their economic model is not based on productivity and innovation but rather is based on one major factor that is increase in manpower to generate economic growth. PAP's ill conceived model is causing tremendous bad effects on SG. It benefits pap and businesses at the expense of Singaporeans.

Therefore, I am thankful that Singaporeans will get a reprieve when economic growth is down and more foreigners get out of Singapore. Let this downturn be severe for the next few years so that pap cant mask their bad policies and lie through their teeth to deceive the 69.9%. Let it be so severe that even the blind pap supporters can see the true pap.

An economic time out can be good for Singapore in the long run

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
U sure bad economy good for sinkies? You mind retrenchment, pay cut or stagnant pay?

Lower economic growth can be good for Singaporeans. Pay cut and stagnant pay can be good if the cost of living goes down more than the pay cut. Dont forget the other intangible benefits like less foreigners, less crimes, less congestion, lower cost of living increase, less demand for schools and hospital beds, less demand for doctors, etc.

So why wld lower economic growth be bad for Singaporeans when they dont benefit from higher growth but suffer higher cost of living?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
one nuclear bomb will solve all the problems on this island.

a nuclear bomb will kill the aged cardboard collector and also LHL. So who loses more in life when hit by a nuclear bomb?

the reverse is true. A 10% economic growth benefits LHL more than the aged cardboard collector. So low growth wont affect the cardboard collector

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
a nuclear bomb will kill the aged cardboard collector and also LHL. So who loses more in life when hit by a nuclear bomb?

the reverse is true. A 10% economic growth benefits LHL more than the aged cardboard collector. So low growth wont affect the cardboard collector

Very true and insightful.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Morning my fellow activist, Wish you a happy lunar new year and full force with you in bashing the PAP.

Happy New Year too. I speak the truth abt the PAP. If anyone disagrees with what I said abt the pap, let him speak the truth too