• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 23 Jan 2017 - Flooding In SG?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
consumer thrash alone will not clogged big covered longkangs in sg. they are similar to fallen leaves, twigs and rotten fruit that are flushed into drainage during heavy downpours. in other words, they are small fragments, break down and eventually get flushed to larger canals. what can clog drains are debris, concrete, and plywood from construction and remodeling projects. are these irresponsible contractors and sub-contractors sinkies or jiu hu kia's? me think most of them are sinkie uncles. they can't blame their foreign workers for dumping debris into drains and sewers as they are supposed to supervise them and take full responsibilities for their workers' actions at work sites. conclusion: sinkies are still the root cause. case closed....again.

What you are saying is that foreigner are the ones causing the problems, this is exactly what I am saying.

If they need "Singaporeans" supervisors to supervise them then it shows that thera are too many of them in Spore or that the "authorities" i.e. the PAP are not doing their job screening those they let in. The PAP have let in so many foreigners that they have lost control of the situation.

If the PAP is making a profit $$$ from these foreigners, they should be the ones responsible for controlling the inflow & not the "lesser mortals" of Spore who don't even want these foreigners in Spore.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What you are saying is that foreigner are the ones causing the problems, this is exactly what I am saying.

If they need "Singaporeans" supervisors to supervise them then it shows that thera are too many of them in Spore or that the "authorities" i.e. the PAP are not doing their job screening those they let in. The PAP have let in so many foreigners that they have lost control of the situation.

If the PAP is making a profit $$$ from these foreigners, they should be the ones responsible for controlling the inflow & not the "lesser mortals" of Spore who don't even want these foreigners in Spore.

who gave pap a 69.86% super majority mandate? not foreigners who couldn't vote. conclusion: sinkies who voted. case closed....again.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who gave pap a 69.86% super majority mandate? not foreigners who couldn't vote. conclusion: sinkies who voted. case closed....again.

Don't forget about the "new" citizens, those that need to be supervised :rolleyes:
Add some fixing or maybe a whole lot of fixing. Plenty of propaganda. An environment of fear & money thrown in as rebates, upgrades.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget about the "new" citizens, those that need to be supervised :rolleyes:
Add some fixing or maybe a whole lot of fixing. Plenty of propaganda. An environment of fear & money thrown in as rebates, upgrades.

if sinkies can't even return their trays and clear their mess in hawker centers and food courts i'm not surprised the sinkie trash and littering behavior is still alive since they know fines are posted but no longer enforced. sinkies even claim it's their birthright, entitlement and tradition that they leave trays and their trash on the table since days immemorial when hawkers and cleaners would clean up after them.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
if sinkies can't even return their trays and clear their mess in hawker centers and food courts i'm not surprised the sinkie trash and littering behavior is still alive since they know fines are posted but no longer enforced. sinkies even claim it's their birthright, entitlement and tradition that they leave trays and their trash on the table since days immemorial when hawkers and cleaners would clean up after them.

Singaporeans can return their trays...that's easy. The reason some singaporeans dont return their trays is to taunt the pap.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans can return their trays...that's easy. The reason some singaporeans dont return their trays is to taunt the pap.

Why should Sporeans clear their own trays?
If we return the trays, I bet that they'll start retrenching those table cleaners. There are few jobs left that these senior citizens can do.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we return the trays, I bet that they'll start retrenching those table cleaners. There are few jobs left that these senior citizens can do.

Yes civil disobedience no need clear trays.
I say dump leftovers on the floor too

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very true.

The reason pap wants us to return our trays is so that they can employ less table cleaners and earn more profits. The pap's aim is not for us to clear the trays so that the cleaners' work gets lighter

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans dont want to do what the pap says. That's bad for the pap when the citizens are not with them.

When pap says dont do, we do!
When pap says do, we dont do.

PAP has to resort to rule by law and the divide gets wider

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
this freak rain has been going on for almost 20 hours now,whats going on?i bet elsewhere outside of singapore there are hurricanes and tsunamis going on right now.what happens when all our reservoirs become overfull and sea levels get too high?if it rains for 40 days and 40 nights our hdb flats will become noah's arks.

hurricanes and heavy downpours are not related.

SG may have heavy downpour but other countries may not be affected.

The recent downpours are possibly the end part of the NE Monsoon season

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes civil disobedience no need clear trays.
I say dump leftovers on the floor too

Agree.

What does it say abt the pap:
1. when it has to resort to the rule by law when the pap is threatened by a one-person presence and claim that it is a one-person protest and make it into law that SPF can order a one-person presence to move on?
2. make it into law that a one sec car idling is illegal

This shows that Singaporeans have no regard for the pap and is taunting the pap whenever they can.No wonder pap has found it increasing difficlut to govern SG that Tharman have to public say that he is not interested to be PM

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
How old are you :confused:

I'm old enough to remember when floods occured often e.g. Bukit Timah/Newton area. This eventually improved because of all the drainage work done.

The current flash flood situation is probably being caused by what the PAP is doing now i.e. constant tunneling & construction work going on all over the island. Dengue was also not as large a problem in the past, as it is today.

Just look at our MRT system. When it first started it ran smoothly but now it is problem ridden. In a nutshell Spore is in trouble under LHL :(

That is the price of progress. You mean you dun like progress? Why get in the way of Singapore getting better? :confused:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

You see it is karma for many years of criticizing the PAP. Return is wrong, dun return also wrong, how to please such people you tell me? :confused:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the price of progress. You mean you dun like progress? Why get in the way of Singapore getting better? :confused:

Progress for PAP is degress for Singaporeans.

Making Singaporeans cheaper is bad news for Singaporeans