Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying + Repairing A Leaking Fridge = Any Suggestions ?

My Reputation Points: 248 / Power: 0

Question Buying + Repairing A Leaking Fridge = Any Suggestions ?

my fridge is leaking water.............most likely the freezer drainage hole/pipe is blocked............call the agent to repair sure expensive, anyone got lobang for affordable repairman ?

also if i decide to buy new fridge, which online store got best price ?..............online sure cheaper than physical store, right ?

My Reputation Points: 1066 / Power: 4

Default Re: Buying + Repairing A Leaking Fridge = Any Suggestions ?

what is wrong if it is leaking water?
    can you save money and continue to use it as long as the temperature inside the fridge is cold / cool and the food is not spoiled?
    Quote Originally Posted by HK14K View Post
    No worries, the "Hero & Coward" thread will come but we should concentrate first on the nation hottest issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlyn View Post
    shameful and despicable scum PAP regime,
    a small island with millions of salary for PAP cronies from tax payers fund and yet have many hottest issues?

only people who receive some scum benefits from shameful and despicable PAP regime cronies would agree your statement

My Reputation Points: 249 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by OrLanChowHorFun View Post
    my fridge is leaking water.............most likely the freezer drainage hole/pipe is blocked............call the agent to repair sure expensive, anyone got lobang for affordable repairman ?

also if i decide to buy new fridge, which online store got best price ?..............online sure cheaper than physical store, right ?
    Gain City. This time remember to buy "NO FROST".

Quote Originally Posted by Bonut View Post
    i think all fridges are no frost.
    are u still living in the 70s?
    No worries, the "Hero & Coward" thread will come but we should concentrate first on the nation hottest issue...
    a small island with millions of salary for PAP cronies from tax payers fund and yet have many hottest issues?

only people who receive some scum benefits from shameful and despicable PAP regime cronies would agree your statement

My Reputation Points: 75 / Power: 0

If fridge many years old already, time to buy new one

My Reputation Points: 2229 / Power: 11

All fridges have a drainage pipe that go to a pan which then evaporates.

I have the same problem but my fridge is an older model & it's probably difficult to get the parts if the pipe has to be replaced.

If your fridge is relatively new & you can find the parts, you can look at DIY repair. Search Youtube for a video that show you how.

For example here is a video for the Maytag"

My Reputation Points: 458 / Power: 0

ask agent to take a look lah, chokage is not serious issue, can easily resolve.

My Reputation Points: 4256 / Power: 10

Buy a new one.
    A leaking fridge is not environmentally friendly

My Reputation Points: 215 / Power: 0

Smile Re: Buying + Repairing A Leaking Fridge = Any Suggestions ?

If inside, maybe wall pipe to ice maker tube leaking?: then off the ice making system.
    If outside waste condensation water container overflow (from auto defrost function in all frost free fridges): then u better drain the tub before NEA officer finds mosquito larvae and fine u $200 and up.

If u know it is some tube blocked, then pls roll up your sleeves n diy/ pay agent to find out what is problem. Most fridge are disposed after 7yrs or compressor break down because change of compressor involves pipe wielding (unless gahmen imposes policy to allow convenient compressor change and standardardised compressor size + specification): otherwise, too much hassle to find + replace compressor so entire fridge is replaced.
    "The measure of a man is best defined by his sincerity, not the thickness of his wallet, nor the opulence of wealth" ~ Matthew 25:40: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"- (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by bic_cherry View Post
    I....Most fridge are disposed after 7yrs or compressor break down ....
    My fridge a Maytag is about 17 years old & still going strong. I looked at replacing it but unfortunately the agent no longer imports this brand otherwise I would buy the same brand.
    I can of course get another brand but I doubt it will be as lasting but I'm still looking.

So I will hang onto the unit until it breaks down or I find something better.

My unit was checked for dengue & the NEA never made an issue about mosquitoes. Mosquitoes need stagnant water & in my case water is still going to the pan & the pan is being heated to cause evaporation, but it is leaking because of age or dirt build up. I doubt mosquitoes would like it.

pls share info. which option is better?

A. Buy one unit of freezer and buy another unit of fridge (chiller)

or

B. Just buy one unit of fridge (chiller) with freezer function at the top of compartment?

which is more efficient and last longer

My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 11

pls share info. which option is better?

A. Buy one unit of freezer and buy another unit of fridge (chiller)

or

B. Just buy one unit of fridge (chiller) with freezer function at the top of compartment?

which is more efficient and last longer
    spacewise option a is not practical. moreover freezer-only units are for commercial kitchens and they make a lot of noise. compressor is not being dampened for home use.

most popular these days in american homes has huge freezer section at the bottom and two-door fridge at the top.

Name:  IMG_3834.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  25.3 KB
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

what is wrong if it is leaking water?
    can you save money and continue to use it as long as the temperature inside the fridge is cold / cool and the food is not spoiled?

fridge is working fine...............but family members making noise about water on the floor and in the fridge which require wiping...........

also they scared fridge will stop working suddenly...............even after i repeatedly them it won't happen as long as it can cool the food as normal

all fridges got auto defrost function..........problem is the drainage pipe from the freezer got blocked or frozen...............water can't flow down to the evaporation tray

Quote Originally Posted by johnny333 View Post
    I have the same problem but my fridge is an older model & it's probably difficult to get the parts if the pipe has to be replaced.

If your fridge is relatively new & you can find the parts, you can look at DIY repair. Search Youtube for a video that show you how.

For example here is a video for the Maytag"

yeah..........i'll be trying to open up the freezer and pour hot water down the pipe-hole.................problem is locating the bloody hole.........

Quote Originally Posted by virus View Post
    ask agent to take a look lah, chokage is not serious issue, can easily resolve.

transport charge........service charge............i think even without need to change any parts will cost 100 bucks liao..........that's why thinking of buying new one.............

but will try to fix problem DIY 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Narong Wongwan View Post
    Buy a new one.
    A leaking fridge is not environmentally friendly

new fridge not cheap leh................close to 1K at least..............you think i got a corrupt nephew in the bunkering trade to buy one for me meh ?

so how ah.................got any lobang in the bunkering trade or not ?............i not greedy one, under table money.....3K a month enough liao

Quote Originally Posted by bic_cherry View Post
    If inside, maybe wall pipe to ice maker tube leaking?: then off the ice making system.
    If outside waste condensation water container overflow (from auto defrost function in all frost free fridges): then u better drain the tub before NEA officer finds mosquito larvae and fine u $200 and up.

If u know it is some tube blocked, then pls roll up your sleeves n diy/ pay agent to find out what is problem. Most fridge are disposed after 7yrs or compressor break down because change of compressor involves pipe wielding (unless gahmen imposes policy to allow convenient compressor change and standardardised compressor size + specification): otherwise, too much hassle to find + replace compressor so entire fridge is replaced.

boh ice maker lah..............i will DIY 1st.........if still can't fix then call agent ask how much...............if 100+ bucks, i'll buy new one..........

Quote Originally Posted by johnny333 View Post
    My fridge a Maytag is about 17 years old & still going strong. I looked at replacing it but unfortunately the agent no longer imports this brand otherwise I would buy the same brand.
    I can of course get another brand but I doubt it will be as lasting but I'm still looking.

So I will hang onto the unit until it breaks down or I find something better.

My unit was checked for dengue & the NEA never made an issue about mosquitoes. Mosquitoes need stagnant water & in my case water is still going to the pan & the pan is being heated to cause evaporation, but it is leaking because of age or dirt build up. I doubt mosquitoes would like it.

mine is a Sharp............i reckon got 12-14 years liao..........if i'm buying new one, i'm looking at Sharp or Mitsubishi..............

Samsung is a disaster..............Panasonic not that great too.............

Thread Information