• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Buying + Repairing A Leaking Fridge = Any Suggestions ?

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
my fridge is leaking water.............most likely the freezer drainage hole/pipe is blocked............call the agent to repair sure expensive, anyone got lobang for affordable repairman ?:confused:

also if i decide to buy new fridge, which online store got best price ?..............online sure cheaper than physical store, right ?:confused:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is wrong if it is leaking water?
can you save money and continue to use it as long as the temperature inside the fridge is cold / cool and the food is not spoiled?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
my fridge is leaking water.............most likely the freezer drainage hole/pipe is blocked............call the agent to repair sure expensive, anyone got lobang for affordable repairman ?:confused:

also if i decide to buy new fridge, which online store got best price ?..............online sure cheaper than physical store, right ?:confused:

Gain City. This time remember to buy "NO FROST".

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have the same problem but my fridge is an older model & it's probably difficult to get the parts if the pipe has to be replaced.

If your fridge is relatively new & you can find the parts, you can look at DIY repair. Search Youtube for a video that show you how.

For example here is a video for the Maytag"

[video=youtube;Tk24ISRzSRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk24ISRzSRs[/video]

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

ask agent to take a look lah, chokage is not serious issue, can easily resolve.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal

If inside, maybe wall pipe to ice maker tube leaking?: then off the ice making system.
If outside waste condensation water container overflow (from auto defrost function in all frost free fridges): then u better drain the tub before NEA officer finds mosquito larvae and fine u $200 and up.

If u know it is some tube blocked, then pls roll up your sleeves n diy/ pay agent to find out what is problem. Most fridge are disposed after 7yrs or compressor break down because change of compressor involves pipe wielding (unless gahmen imposes policy to allow convenient compressor change and standardardised compressor size + specification): otherwise, too much hassle to find + replace compressor so entire fridge is replaced.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I....Most fridge are disposed after 7yrs or compressor break down ....

My fridge a Maytag is about 17 years old & still going strong. I looked at replacing it but unfortunately the agent no longer imports this brand otherwise I would buy the same brand.
I can of course get another brand but I doubt it will be as lasting but I'm still looking.

So I will hang onto the unit until it breaks down or I find something better.

My unit was checked for dengue & the NEA never made an issue about mosquitoes. Mosquitoes need stagnant water & in my case water is still going to the pan & the pan is being heated to cause evaporation, but it is leaking because of age or dirt build up. I doubt mosquitoes would like it.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pls share info. which option is better?

A. Buy one unit of freezer and buy another unit of fridge (chiller)

or

B. Just buy one unit of fridge (chiller) with freezer function at the top of compartment?

which is more efficient and last longer

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pls share info. which option is better?

A. Buy one unit of freezer and buy another unit of fridge (chiller)

or

B. Just buy one unit of fridge (chiller) with freezer function at the top of compartment?

which is more efficient and last longer

spacewise option a is not practical. moreover freezer-only units are for commercial kitchens and they make a lot of noise. compressor is not being dampened for home use.

most popular these days in american homes has huge freezer section at the bottom and two-door fridge at the top.

IMG_3834.JPG

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is wrong if it is leaking water?
can you save money and continue to use it as long as the temperature inside the fridge is cold / cool and the food is not spoiled?

fridge is working fine...............but family members making noise about water on the floor and in the fridge which require wiping...........

also they scared fridge will stop working suddenly...............even after i repeatedly them it won't happen as long as it can cool the food as normal

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have the same problem but my fridge is an older model & it's probably difficult to get the parts if the pipe has to be replaced.

If your fridge is relatively new & you can find the parts, you can look at DIY repair. Search Youtube for a video that show you how.

For example here is a video for the Maytag"

[video=youtube;Tk24ISRzSRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk24ISRzSRs[/video]

yeah..........i'll be trying to open up the freezer and pour hot water down the pipe-hole.................problem is locating the bloody hole.........

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
ask agent to take a look lah, chokage is not serious issue, can easily resolve.

transport charge........service charge............i think even without need to change any parts will cost 100 bucks liao..........that's why thinking of buying new one.............

but will try to fix problem DIY 1st

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy a new one.
A leaking fridge is not environmentally friendly

new fridge not cheap leh................close to 1K at least..............you think i got a corrupt nephew in the bunkering trade to buy one for me meh ?

so how ah.................got any lobang in the bunkering trade or not ?............i not greedy one, under table money.....3K a month enough liao

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If inside, maybe wall pipe to ice maker tube leaking?: then off the ice making system.
If outside waste condensation water container overflow (from auto defrost function in all frost free fridges): then u better drain the tub before NEA officer finds mosquito larvae and fine u $200 and up.

If u know it is some tube blocked, then pls roll up your sleeves n diy/ pay agent to find out what is problem. Most fridge are disposed after 7yrs or compressor break down because change of compressor involves pipe wielding (unless gahmen imposes policy to allow convenient compressor change and standardardised compressor size + specification): otherwise, too much hassle to find + replace compressor so entire fridge is replaced.

boh ice maker lah..............i will DIY 1st.........if still can't fix then call agent ask how much...............if 100+ bucks, i'll buy new one..........

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
My fridge a Maytag is about 17 years old & still going strong. I looked at replacing it but unfortunately the agent no longer imports this brand otherwise I would buy the same brand.
I can of course get another brand but I doubt it will be as lasting but I'm still looking.

So I will hang onto the unit until it breaks down or I find something better.

My unit was checked for dengue & the NEA never made an issue about mosquitoes. Mosquitoes need stagnant water & in my case water is still going to the pan & the pan is being heated to cause evaporation, but it is leaking because of age or dirt build up. I doubt mosquitoes would like it.

mine is a Sharp............i reckon got 12-14 years liao..........if i'm buying new one, i'm looking at Sharp or Mitsubishi..............

Samsung is a disaster..............Panasonic not that great too.............