• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat MOM Act Blur Or Really Gong Cheebye Over No-Brainer Way To Loophole Jobsbank?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
jobsbank-loophole-discovered_1.jpg

The reality of the job market in Singapore is that employers are now actively seeking loopholes in MOM's policies.

When employers have already decided to employ foreigners, they will simply wait out the mandatory 14 days where a job has to be posted on Jobsbank. Once the jobsbank applicaton expires, they will proceed to submit an EP application for their pre-selected "Foreign Talents" to come on board.

If you need evidence, go to this forum link. The foreign talent in this forum has accidentally exposed his company's dirty hiring practices.
https://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewtopic.php?t=114844

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/mom-loophole-firms-hiring-foreigners-posting-jobsbank
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSF is killing Singapore. What u waiting for John. 斩草不除根 next season grow again yr son, maybe yr daughter, pap will enlist them to waste 2 years and killing yr son job employment future.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this jobsbank portal is a scam, i have not heard of anyone getting a decent job from there.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sir, thanks for sharing and expose yr master dirty moves.
I advise all unemployed job seeking loosers to exclude job bank as a potential opportunity as this will further demotivate them when they see a 1.8k job with hundreds of applicants and eventually land in ft hand. :*:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i'm intent on hiring foreigners, 14 days are too short to offset the lower pay that i'm able to dish out. must increase it to 69 days.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When employers have already decided to employ foreigners, they will simply wait out the mandatory 14 days where a job has to be posted on Jobsbank. Once the jobsbank applicaton expires, they will proceed to submit an EP application for their pre-selected "Foreign Talents" to come on board.

If you need evidence, go to this forum link. The foreign talent in this forum has accidentally exposed his company's dirty hiring practices.
https://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewtopic.php?t=114844

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/mom-loophole-firms-hiring-foreigners-posting-jobsbank
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

It need not be accidentally disclosed by ft.
In my previous living statue job stint 1 ft told me opening when she applied this company the hr told her to hang on and standby while she will process when the job bank ads met the expiry criteria :cool:
I wish I can pay this ft a sum of money to be a witness while i charge that hr personnel .

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The process obviously needs to be tightened up, to prevent companies from exploiting the loopholes.

I would have thought that companies that apply EP for a FT would need to then provide proof as to why local candidates applications did not meet the selection criteria.

It's as simple as that…maybe there should be some filters (e.g.: like jobs paying over 6K) so they don't have to justify every hire….but that is what should happen.

If HK can do it, why can't we?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if i'm intent on hiring foreigners, 14 days are too short to offset the lower pay that i'm able to dish out. must increase it to 69 days.

Most of us towkays do that. In the meanwhile, the good foreigner earned himself a nice 14 day holiday before starting work. We all win. MOM is either stupid or deliberately screwing sinkie butt.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP can rig the system to make it easier to employ foreigners. So what are the under employed & unemployed Sporeans going to do:confused:
These people will be more open to the message from the opposition.

The PAP might still retain power because of the support of "new" Sporeans but if the economy does not improve, the PAP will also lose support from the "new" Sporeans.

So it's all about the jobs & economy. However true blue Sporeans will have a greater stake because they have no alternatives. While the "new" Sporeans can "balek kampong" or move on to a 1st world country.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's ok.MOM knew that sinkees are timid and ballsless.

14 days waiting time? Wat BS is tat? Which company cannot wait 14 days? N wat is to stop companies from just throwing away applications n going to MOM n say no applicants? Or all unqualified? N to think 70% fall for it..

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have heard of companies that already offered the job to foreigners but still goes through the process of interviewing locals to meet the MOM criteria.
Saddest part is the HR people and Head of Dept involved in the fake interviews are all locals!-
This is something that the opposition need to bring up in parliament as the man in the street need to produce evidence to say it openly in Public

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
jobs bank was intended as a joke by MOM to deflect PAP inability to created jobs for sgian and to hide papig stealing jobs for f trashes
it has never found any sgian any job at all............. why keep the dinosaur ard???

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah..........maybe PAP voters wanna be unemployed leh..............stay home lay eggs..........but need excuse to stay/be unemployed...........so vote PAP in to bring in FTs to take over the jobs..............

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
It need not be accidentally disclosed by ft.
In my previous living statue job stint 1 ft told me opening when she applied this company the hr told her to hang on and standby while she will process when the job bank ads met the expiry criteria :cool:
I wish I can pay this ft a sum of money to be a witness while i charge that hr personnel .

no worries.the hR personnel will lose her/his job one way and experience it on his karma