• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Amos Yee - A win-win outcome

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be difficult. His is not political persecution in the main but wounding the religious believes of others. His case is not even borderline. Interestingly if he gets it it more to do with the oppressive image of the PAP over the years rather than his own actions. Very similar category to Gopalan Nair.

Bro,
What do you think are the chances he'll be granted asylum?

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos is a young rebel at heart and i see him poses no risk to the PAP. he is too young to know what is tough in life, just like the hongkie kid joshua. they should be locked up together in the cell.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos is a young rebel at heart and i see him poses no risk to the PAP. he is too young to know what is tough in life, just like the hongkie kid joshua. they should be locked up together in the cell.

Intelligent youngster see the govt fucked up so they speak up and protest.

It shows that the PAP govt is something wrong. What young rebel at heart nonsense.

If the intelligent young agree with the govt, it means the govt is doing something right. But in reality, it is not.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
Intelligent youngster see the govt fucked up so they speak up and protest.

It shows that the PAP govt is something wrong. What young rebel at heart nonsense.

If the intelligent young agree with the govt, it means the govt is doing something right. But in reality, it is not.

Amos is more like a kid who got influenced by western social media, there is no intelligence involved so to speak. hongkie joshua also won't be able to understand the consequences of his own actions that is causing a divide between hongkong and beijing. but Amos's case is a bit gravitated, there is not much damage done but he was just conveniently another political scapegoat to calm the hardcore muslims, and i really doubt the X'tians 'd give a flying fuck to what he said.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still confused whether fat fuck ang mo dua Ki blogger Kirsten Han is going all out to ensure amos yee gets his asylum or trying to fuck amos up by stirring more shit on his behalf

image.jpg

image.jpg

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
the critics that can be taken seriously have all been silenced - so when one comes along that cannot be taken seriously, he is still hailed for criticising.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos is more like a kid who got influenced by western social media, there is no intelligence involved so to speak. hongkie joshua also won't be able to understand the consequences of his own actions that is causing a divide between hongkong and beijing. but Amos's case is a bit gravitated, there is not much damage done but he was just conveniently another political scapegoat to calm the hardcore muslims, and i really doubt the X'tians 'd give a flying fuck to what he said.

Ash.. I see what u are doing here.. You have the " i am older and wiser" sinkieland attitude and anyone younger than you who do things are like kid stuff.

Well, look at the reality, he is the one who has the balls to bash the go to, jail by them and now seeking asylum personally while you are sitting on you chair behind a pc typing a sinkie post.

Enough said.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ash.. I see what u are doing here.. You have the " i am older and wiser" sinkieland attitude and anyone younger than you who do things are like kid stuff.

Well, look at the reality, he is the one who has the balls to bash the go to, jail by them and now seeking asylum personally while you are sitting on you chair behind a pc typing a sinkie post.

Enough said.

i am not trying to be indifferent. Amos at his age should still be in school and not going around bumping pple down. he is still young, and there lies a long road in front of him. what you said is just trying to encourage him to do more harm to himself. leave the fighting in politics to chee soon juan, dun count on WP, they are just a FAIRLY performing party.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not trying to be indifferent. Amos at his age should still be in school and not going around bumping pple down. he is still young, and there lies a long road in front of him. what you said is just trying to encourage him to do more harm to himself. leave the fighting in politics to chee soon juan, dun count on WP, they are just a FAIRLY performing party.

Yeah yeah yeah.. You are older than him.. U know more and experience more than him..

In the end, the young ones do all the work and you are sitting on your fat ass.

I pity your children if you have any. They just cannot make it in life and need to be constantly supervised by an adult.. Even into their adult years. What a way to instill inferiority towards the young.. Oh wait.. Isn't that what PAP low life always do?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

You and Scroobal the TS, have read the situation completely wrong. This is not a win win outcome for Amos, he could still lose and be deported. But it is a lose lose situation for the PAP. Look at the asylum laws in the US, I am sure that Amos has checked into that before he took the flight to the US.

He is being detained under what is known as the Defensive Asylum Process. that means that he has rights in the US, more rights then he would have had in Singapore. Firstly, he has to appear before a judge in an immigration court. There will be 2 sides, its like an adversarial process, so he will have his own lawyers. And he will be appointed a lawyer if he cannot afford one. In addition, Human Rights Watch has already ask the US to grant his asylum, and u can bet they will send a lawyer to help him. When the judge hears what he did, i.e. blog, post on youtube, etc. and then hear what the PAP did to him, a 16 year old at that time, there can be no other conclusion then to assume he has been persecuted, and hence should be granted asylum. And the best part is that the backlog is so long now that he will not likely see a judge for several years. In the meantime, they will likely release him to someone's custody and he will enjoy a free live in the US and at the same time avoid NS, where he certainly will be tekanned.

Here is where the PAP will lose. All these immigration court hearings in front of a judge are public affairs. Any newspapers or media can cover them. Human Rights Watch can certainly alert the press to the hearings. When they find out what the PAP did to him, a teenage boy, you can bet the press will see the PAP as a bunch of assholes, which they rightly are. Sinkies may think that he has done something very evil. But in reality, in the eyes of the world and the US, what he is done is speak out for himself. the judge will be asking why, if singapore is a democracy, can't this kid make caricatures, insult political leaders, and do those other things? After all, Trump makes such comments like Amos on a daily basis. Just like caning Michael Fay for car vandalism is unfathomable to the Americans, what the PAP did to Amos is also unfathomable to them. It will cast the PAP in a poor light and it will certainly make sinkies look like the stupid assholes they are for electing them. This as I see is the big impending fallout. The PAP are too stupid to see it coming. And for once, I hope CNN covers it and exposes the fake democracy that we have in zikapore.

if Amos is granted asylum, then he wins and stays in the US and he can tell the PAP to fuck off and blog and youtube against them from the US. And the PAP's name will be dragged thru the m&d
If Amos is refused asylum, he gets deported, but the PAP's name is stilll dragged thru the m&d too. No one will believe that the judge was impartial. everyone will assume the PAP, a key and maybe only US ally in SE Asia, ask the US to do them a favour and ship the boy's ass back home.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
On what grounds do the Ang Moh grant asylum to folks like Amos?

Forced national service military conscription for one thing. Canada accepted a lot of Vietnam war draft dodgers.

Also, he has obviously been persecuted and there are grounds that he can fear for his life in singapore. He already got whacked until blue black in broad daylight on the premises of the District Court in singapore. Should he go into NS, there is a high chance that someone brained washed by the PPA will "accidentally" shoot him during a training exercise.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Forced national service military conscription for one thing. Canada accepted a lot of Vietnam war draft dodgers.

But Amos isn't in Canada, is he? I mean, is it possible for him to go from Chicago to Canada under current circumstances?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
But Amos isn't in Canada, is he? I mean, is it possible for him to go from Chicago to Canada under current circumstances?

Your question was on what ground do ang moh grant asylum. U did not say on what grounds do the US grant asylum. Canada is an angmo country the last time I checked.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Your question was on what ground do ang moh grant asylum. U did not say on what grounds do the US grant asylum. Canada is an angmo country the last time I checked.

That's why I rephrased my question in the last post. My apologies.

Back to Amos, he's currently in the States, would he be deported should he failed to obtain asylum in US? He can't travel directly to Canada to seek asylum now, can he?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Human Rights Watch (HRW), ........said that Amos Yee became a refugee in the US because of the consistent harassing and bullying of the Singapore Government . The NGO said that the Singapore Government’s eventual criminalising of Amos’ actions drove him to seek political asylum in the US......HRW’s Deputy Asia Director, Phil Robertson said that the ” Singapore government has subjected Amos Yee to a sustained pattern of persecution, including intimidation, arrest and imprisonment, for publicly expressing his views on politics and religion, and severely criticizing the government’s leaders, including the late Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.”...............Mr Robertson described Amos as a “sort of classic political dissident that the UN Refugee Convention was designed to protect”. HRW hopes the US will recognize his asylum claim

It will be interesting to see who will respond on behalf of the pappy govt- Bilahari, Shan, Vivian?
Why not ask AG chambers to take legal action against Phil Robertson?
Show that you can punch above your own weight!
How about sending one of the eminently qualified QC's ,sorry I meant SC's to fight the case in the US eg Davinder.

"Qui tacet consentire videtur"

Last edited: