• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Amos Yee - A win-win outcome

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couldn't you agree more with you. Living in a country with rights deprivations is not a country we can call home.

Exactly!!! But sinkies doesn't seems to realise that. They are so brainwashed and controlled, They don't know what real freedom is?

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desperate time, desperate measures. It has nothing to do cowardice, it's wisdom. I didn't mistaken, read between the lines. I said "Courage is not the absence of fear. Smart minds works smartly". He is young and circumstances gave him no chance to triumph over and conquer that fear.

Sir, you are making an effort to educate a sinkie mind. It is an uphill task. But i do respect you for it.

For me, i just bash them. Education to these morons is a waste of resources.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the US does eventually grant him an asylum (which I doubt), then be it. They are going to regret by being sympathetic to him. They should instead focus on how he had mistreated and humiliated his own parents, especially with expletives. He'll also bring about chaos and hatred with his constant religious condemnation, which is of no business of his in the first place. No organization in its right mind will ever consider taking in this bum. He'll never be the next Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg. In my opinion, he has wasted his life away.

So you think you knows him and are better and smarter than him, you are not even close. Even his parents is smarter than you. You're just not smart enough to see how he's able to get this far. He may have chosen not using discretion but those contradictory bible lines he quotes are facts and has substance. I bet you are also not as smart on that.

US don't grant asylum base on sympathy, they do it base on empathy. And since when does US ever regret doing what they did. They only regret what they don't and didn't do and a great part of them believe in human rights whether you like it or not. Chaos and hatred are and will always be there, it's just a matter of conflicting opinions. You overestimated Amos on this. The question is how smart one is capable of finding order amidst chaos and hatred. It doesn't matter and it don't really have anything to do with asylum whether Amos gets it or not. No smart one wants or rather allows someone else to write their destiny unless otherwise.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to frenchbriefs again.

this guy is a coward,if he truly believe in singapore's democracy and whatnot,and was a true rebel he would be staying on in this country to fight the oppression and those in power with every inch of his will and life,he would be setting himself on fire in front of the istana gates,did martin luther king or ghandi or nelson mandela run away when the persecution and backlash got too serious?nelson mandela endured 7 years of solitary confinement in the worst conditions,nearly going mad and talking to ants.did he give up at any point in time?he simply took the burden square on his shoulders one day at a time,did lim bo seng run away to the safety of america where he could critique and attack the jap from a distance while his brothers and fellow men suffered under the japs and slaughter 80,000 of our fellow singaporean chinks?did he hide in plain sight as a translator like a coward and was later praised and made examplar for it?no he fought the japanese oppression every step of the way till his capture and death.what about che guevara and jose mujica and many of the communist heros?did any of these guys took donation money or war funds and went off gallavating around the world,and using youtube as a medium of attention seeking and personal glorification and finally claimed to be a victim of political persecution in order to shirk his ns liabilities and cried and whine like a baby in his all letters whenever he had to face jail or the police or beg for more funds.

no i dont blame him,hes just a kid after all,cowardly and self centered and highly manipulative but not stupid.he represents the sickness of singapore,the hopes and pipedreams of a delusional and powerless and paralyzed people that could do nothing to save themselves not even vote properly in 2015.

how is the government actively persecuting him?they are merely responding to what he is doing nothing more,u dont stick ur hand into the wasp's nest and expect not to be stung.for every action theres a equal and opposing reaction,u dont expect the government to simply close one eye and do nothing?oh sure maybe the government has overreacted and mishandled the event....still this is singapore,this is not a place where we can go about saying anything on ur mind and criticise anything as much as we wished it could be.if we allowed people to say whatever they like and criticise any race or religion they like soon the whole country will degenerate into a israeli like situation,singapore will break down into different camps,soon we will be like malaysia where people are allowed to openly discriminate and attack,where people are allowed to don different coloured shirts and march,civil war might even break out and hate crimes flourish and maybe even terror attacks.we live in a fragile peace and compromise,something the americans and europeans and no idea about with their decades of warmongering and racial wars and the fact most of them lived in homogenious cultures for centuries.

its alright grant this guy his wish,singapore doesnt need anymore heros that could truly change the course and fate of history like tan kah kee or lim bo seng,just another coward to add to the sea of cowards we already have here.let him have a good life in the land of freedom of speech,just need to tone down the islamic rhetoric abit incase he catches a bullet in the head in another

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you think you knows him and are better and smarter than him, you are not even close. Even his parents is smarter than you. You're just not smart enough to see how he's able to get this far. He may have chosen not using discretion but those contradictory bible lines he quotes are facts and has substance. I bet you are also not as smart on that.

US don't grant asylum base on sympathy, they do it base on empathy. And since when does US ever regret doing what they did. They only regret what they don't and didn't do and a great part of them believe in human rights whether you like it or not. Chaos and hatred are and will always be there, it's just a matter of conflicting opinions. You overestimated Amos on this. The question is how smart one is capable of finding order amidst chaos and hatred. It doesn't matter and it don't really have anything to do with asylum whether Amos gets it or not. No smart one wants or rather allows someone else to write their destiny unless otherwise.

Totally agreed on the last sentence.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed this island is sunk,who wouldn't want better prospects and a better life if given a choice?It's no longer about politics or freedom anymore,the PAP has reduced the common denominator down to nothing working for peanuts just to keep the capitalism pyramid going.we are only one step away from slavery.this is no longer about prosperity and happiness as a country,it's about how cheaper and faster can u go to support our million dollar paycheck.

Concurred, since you are able to realize that, you should know there's a saying "The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Man Do Nothing."

You don't have to sink with the island. Just lose your cowardice, find the courage and do something whatever to make a difference. If not for yourself, do it for your off springs and the next generation.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zhihau

Checked with an ex-Singaporeans who handles migrations visas in NY and also referrals from asylum cases that do not make the cut. He told me that many of the cases are from Singaporeans who already served NS but use reservists liability as a reason for seeking asylum as they do not qualify for the usual route etc. In the main everyone wants to enter the land of milk and honey for the greener grass. .

He said that Amos does not meet any of the requirements for Asylum and eventually will be rejected. He said that there are thousands of cases with more merit but also do not qualify. He however thinks that Amos and many like him know that and use the time take up jobs or pursue education and then take the normal route and apply for the usual migration visas.

He also said that he cannot remember a single case in the last 2 decades except for Francis Seow that succeeded. Seow actually was provided a guarantee by the US when they tried to recruit Lawyers to stand against the PAP. He said Amos should have tried the UK which is more liberal in this respect.

Here are the main points about Amos he mentioned
- no defined political belief that led to prosecution, cannot be considered a prisoner of conscience
- his convictions may even fall under the "hate" legislation which is not good for him.
- he taking a shot at Old Man and Margaret Thatcher seems a one-off and people make those sort of comments on a daily basis. Nothing new.

Interstellar

Alfrescian
Loyal
His is probably one of the rare cases where everyone whether supporters or detractors including the Singapore Govt are praying very hard that he does get asylum.

I am sure while he starts his new life in the US, he will continue to tap his local donor pool for support and they will probably support him for many years to come.

It will interesting to see how he progresses thru life in the US.

I really don't think Sg Govt wants him to get asylum. Its easier to fix your opponent inside rather than outside sg. Moreover it sets off a precedent, and more will follow amos yee route, put up a youtube video insulting govt and religion, get 2 weeks jail and head straight to USA and seek asylum to avoid serving 2 years of NS. Sounds like a good deal for those NS liable new citizens who have no intention of remaining in sg.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos is not a political threat to the regime. He however is showing them in bad light by his actions. If he leaves Singapore it will avoid any further unnecessary confrontation. As to the NS liability, he falls under the defaulter's like many others.

You have to do lots more to get Asylum. Anyway it far easier to apply for emigration if you have a decent qualification and job.

I really don't think Sg Govt wants him to get asylum. Its easier to fix your opponent inside rather than outside sg. Moreover it sets off a precedent, and more will follow amos yee route, put up a youtube video insulting govt and religion, get 2 weeks jail and head straight to USA and seek asylum to avoid serving 2 years of NS. Sounds like a good deal for those NS liable new citizens who have no intention of remaining in sg.

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
he wanted to get famous the easy way. and he had an irrational fear of ns.

both these led to his antics - let us see if they work.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zhihau

Checked with an ex-Singaporeans who handles migrations visas in NY and also referrals from asylum cases that do not make the cut. He told me that many of the cases are from Singaporeans who already served NS but use reservists liability as a reason for seeking asylum as they do not qualify for the usual route etc. In the main everyone wants to enter the land of milk and honey for the greener grass. .

He said that Amos does not meet any of the requirements for Asylum and eventually will be rejected. He said that there are thousands of cases with more merit but also do not qualify. He however thinks that Amos and many like him know that and use the time take up jobs or pursue education and then take the normal route and apply for the usual migration visas.

Checked with my network connection of my previous business vendor in Chicago who is not dealing with asylum issue for refugees. He told me that Amos has a very high chance to get asylum due to the fact that he has clear evidence that the persecution is indeed politically motivated.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Checked with my network connection of my previous business vendor in Chicago who is not dealing with asylum issue for refugees. He told me that Amos has a very high chance to get asylum due to the fact that he has clear evidence that the persecution is indeed politically motivated.

The verdict is out. Amos made it.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zhihau

He also said that he cannot remember a single case in the last 2 decades except for Francis Seow that succeeded. Seow actually was provided a guarantee by the US when they tried to recruit Lawyers to stand against the PAP. He said Amos should have tried the UK which is more liberal in this respect.

Here are the main points about Amos he mentioned
- no defined political belief that led to prosecution, cannot be considered a prisoner of conscience
- his convictions may even fall under the "hate" legislation which is not good for him.
- he taking a shot at Old Man and Margaret Thatcher seems a one-off and people make those sort of comments on a daily basis. Nothing new.

You posted a load which turns out to be nothing but ill-informed irrelevant horseshit. Hope you wise-up on matters regarding American policies in granting asylum.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calm down, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Read the first post. The kid is smart. Hundreds of people beat the system. If Amos has a defined political ideology, you must be a fairy. Pick one.

You posted a load which turns out to be nothing but ill-informed irrelevant horseshit. Hope you wise-up on matters regarding American policies in granting asylum.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calm down, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Read the first post. The kid is smart. Hundreds of people beat the system. If Amos has a defined political ideology, you must be a fairy. Pick one.

If you think you know Amos, you too must be a fairy. Pick one. (Pun intended)