• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Patricia Mok Airs Grievances over Star Awards Nominations

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Patricia Mok Airs Grievances over Star Awards Nominations
Xin.sg - Saturday, April 4The nomination list of "Star awards 2009" has been a raving topic of discussion, with the cast of "Little Nyonya" ruling the award, sweeping 16 best category nominations. Members of Xin.sg forum have also aired their disappointment with the list this year, especially mentioning Patricia Mok's lost chance in obtaining the award despite her brilliant acting in the drama "Just in Singapore". In an exclusive interview with Xin.sg, Pat admits to her disappointment after finding her name missing in the nomination list, "Frankly speaking, I'm very disappointed. In fact, I'm very bitter about it!"

Starting off as a comedian, Patricia Mok went on to act in drama serials and had showed her potential in recent dramas "Just in Singapore" and "Love Blossoms". However, her effort was not paid off when her name was excluded in the nominations. On the other hand, the cast of "Little Nyonya" dominated up to five places in the nomination for the "Best supporting female actress" award, which Patricia was eyeing on.

"It seems like Little Nyonya takes it all; are the efforts of the other actors to be ignored?" Patricia said, "Even the Oscars will not have five nominations from the same movie, not even two in fact, how will five be possible?"

Patricia did not have high hopes in being nominated to start with. "I was mentally prepared before the nominations were out, but I still can't help feeling disappointed when reality strikes," Patricia sighed. When asked the reason for her lack of confidence in getting nominated, she gave an unexpected answer, "Because of Little Nyonya of course, their names are enough to fill the spaces, when will it be our turn?"

Although raging in disappointment, Patricia did not take things personal. "The story of Little Nyonya is really touching; I was so attracted that I watched it every night without fail. I'm not jealous or anything when I said all that, I was just thinking things should be taken with more fairness," Patricia explained.

Star Awards aside, Patricia sincerely think highly of "Little Nyonya", and of course the cast that brought the production to life. Patricia's stake on the winner for her "lost award" was put on Ng Hui, where her role as 'Ah Tao' was effectively portrayed, "She acted very well in the drama. I think she had mastered the complex emotions of Ah Tao really well." As for the Male Supporting Actor category, Patricia thinks highly of Zenn Zhang, who successfully made "Robert Chang" a prominent role in the drama.

The number of nominations for "Little Nyonya" in the Star awards may seem ridiculous for some, but Paul Chan, Vice President of MediaCorp Branding & Promotions thinks otherwise. "I actually thought that they should have even more nominations," Paul said.

According to Paul, "Little Nyonya" reigns over the other drama productions in terms of many aspects, thus justifies the number of nominations in the award. Regarding fans who speak up for their 'idols' who failed to get nominated, Paul thinks nothing about this yearly routine. He also explains that to ensure absolute fairness, the nomination list is churned through the votes casted by MediaCorp staff from relevant departments, as well as reporters and editors from all major press.

Patricia may have lost the chance to be given credit for her acting, but still hold high hopes for being part of the top 20 most famous celebrities. However, if Patricia unexpectedly falls off from the list, she might as well absent herself from the whole ceremony. "If I'm not in the list for the top 20, I will not appear."

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

4238245535-patricia-mok-airs-grievances-over-star-awards-nominations.jpg

"KNN!!! Not fair man! Limpeh lau jiao liao but cannot get lan jiao."

Last edited:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
As much as I would like to agree with her over some of the things she said, she is really not making a fair comparison here.

The Academy Awards is presented by an independent organization (Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences) to any film studio, be it Paramount Pictures, MGM, TriStar Pictures, etc etc, or to any actor working for any of the film studios.

Here, the Star Awards is presented by MediaCorp to MediaCorp-produced works and MediaCorp actors. It is a self-declared, self-designated, self-made ceremony.

Suck it up. There is nothing interesting about the Star Awards. I need more than both my hands to count the number of years I have missed watching this self-proclaimed ceremony on the obnoxious channel where the left hand shakes the right hand.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal

4238245535-patricia-mok-airs-grievances-over-star-awards-nominations.jpg

"KNN!!! Not fair man! Limpeh lau jiao liao but cannot get lan jiao."

Lorry langgar face Patricia "USB" Mok should count her lucky stars she still has a job with Sinkland sorry ass television company!

"Ugly Skinny Bitch!"

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually what she says have a certain degree of truthness, if the award is just based on this one production alone den whats the point of this award ceremony,they may as well change it to be nyonya's award ceremony.

but looking at it from another angle, beside this show, mediacrop got other show to watch meh. i feel that mediacrop is making this show with most people to watch to get most award so that people will turn on the tv to see the presentation ceremony.

mudskipper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lorry langgar face Patricia "USB" Mok should count her lucky stars she still has a job with Sinkland sorry ass television company!

"Ugly Skinny Bitch!"

nothing good ever come out from your post with regards to others. in 1 sentence, you curse a person, the org she works for and the country she stays in.

why are you so bitter? u should spend less time here and bond more with your children lah. dont make the same mistake that was committed on you.

like your children, pat mok has parents and is God's creation. how has she offended u? come on man, stop being an ass.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Debonerman, I gave you yellow card for spam. Please refrain from doing such rubbish in future.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I thot her acting was not bad in the last two productions, the one on the abalone one and the other I cannot remember though.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel damn sad, why singapore viewer are so stupid, quarrel over this star awards thing, they don't even realize it only a scam of mediacock planted. The story line of little nyonya are so shallow and suck compare to hong kong show. It really don't worth my 2 cents in voting. I will only vote for those who dare to take off all clothings and lingeries and show infront of me.

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing good ever come out from your post with regards to others. in 1 sentence, you curse a person, the org she works for and the country she stays in.

why are you so bitter? u should spend less time here and bond more with your children lah. dont make the same mistake that was committed on you.

like your children, pat mok has parents and is God's creation. how has she offended u? come on man, stop being an ass.

Heu fuckturd samuraisan mudskipper lancheowman........ got lucky Sam Leong lost money in the stock markets...... I kenna deleted of my posts again! But no problem, no loss........ I will still be on your back!.... Suck on my dick asshole!

Be more careful next time...dont't use yar lor!with all your differrent nicks or .......................full stops to seperate your sentences....it exposes the little hairless pussy of yours!:biggrin:

Last edited:

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

And you samuraisan....mudskipper....lancheowman.....tiulehlohmoh.....tiulehloudao...tiuroyston46_asshole....is so very well known for saying all good things in 1 sentence!:rolleyes:

And fucking Sam Leong who is so sensitive about fucking mothers is not aware that "tiulehlohmoh" is a vulgar fuck your mother in Cantonese!

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun wanna get into your agruments cos i m focused on that CB kia tonychat and keling888..

but your post very funny leh..

you have a horny dick, pussy and arsehole all together??:confused::biggrin:

Oh ya hor,better be specific with my grammar. Thanks!:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah man....i don't even bother paying attention to this circus hoo rah...ultimately its for us to call and pay Singtel for each call to vote for these artistes.

I am better off watching a EPL match - at least I get to win some money if I placed the correct bets. Make money from Singapore Pools why go fatten Singtel?

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
That ugly peasant thinks she can act? her acting will give her a platform space on the Lunar 7th Month stages.

mudskipper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heu fuckturd samuraisan mudskipper lancheowman........ got lucky Sam Leong lost money in the stock markets...... I kenna deleted of my posts again! But no problem, no loss........ I will still be on your back!.... Suck on my dick asshole!

Be more careful next time...dont't use yar lor!with all your differrent nicks or .......................full stops to seperate your sentences....it exposes the little hairless pussy of yours!:biggrin:

empty vessel, useless threats and talking big.. thats y u get infractions, have your post deleted and get kicked out over n over again in this forum

similar to your actual life, you cant assimilate with society. u have no clues how to. u dont have friends and you are a loner. u have my pity :(

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal
empty vessel, useless threats and talking big.. thats y u get infractions, have your post deleted and get kicked out over n over again in this forum

similar to your actual life, you cant assimilate with society. u have no clues how to. u dont have friends and you are a loner. u have my pity :(

Look who's talking? Describing yourself? What had I lost?:biggrin: What? can make money here ah?:confused:

Aiyah, run here, run there also no use. Naked is naked liao mah! Who ask you to be a chee bai mouth?:biggrin: mudskipper lancheowman samuraisan Inchwmn4 and you vulgar tiu clones, last but not least Inchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame! Must change already hor?:biggrin: