Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Con∑trar∑i∑an Jo∑h∑or

My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

Smile Re: Con∑trar∑i∑an Jo∑h∑or

Quote Originally Posted by rotikok View Post
    Ö Can singapore handle 7 to 10m ppl? After much into digging what you try to explain, few points i felt you had left out. Ö You do not take human civilisation into consideration. Ö Mice? Why the mouse do not build high rises when land areas is so small? Human being can do that. See hong kong, if sg try to do what hk did now in every piece of their land, force acquisite more landed low rise residential ppty and all build high rises, 10m population not possible?
    If you have chosen technology as your weapon-of-choice, my heartiest congratulation to you! Different people choose different weapon-of-choice as their assault instrument. There is no right or wrong until the last leaf falls.

I am a little bit different from you in that I am just a smallish rubber tapper. I fear the elements. If there is no rain, I will dance to the rain gods for comfort. If there are blizzards, I will pray to the rain gods again for mercy. If there are land robbers, I will discuss with the boss of the robbers for a lower ransom. I am not a changer, but a person who accept oneís fate as given. There is little or nothing I can do to change the elements, be it natural or artificial.

2,500 years ago, the Qin (秦) conquered Zhao (赵) and forced surrender a 200,000 Zhao army. As the saying goes, the Qin army killed off every one of the Zhaoís surrendered army. The reason being the Qin couldnít feed the surrendered army for long. All Qin was interested was only the land mass they conquered. That was not too long ago, only just 2,000 - 3,000 years away.

Fast forward to almost present days, WWII (1940s) saw the Japanese trying to kill off every single male in South East Asia (SEA), reason being they were deemed resistance potential. All the Japanese wanted was none other than the land-mass of SEA and the resource that comes with it. That was not even 70 years away. It was a WORLD WAR.

Another fast forward to present days, just look at North Korea, the number of populace that was starved to death every year (totalling in the millions) was not even declared. Like you have suggested, all fatty Kim needs to do is to just release his population to the world, I am sure there would be takers from South Koreans. In so doing, fatty Kim would have lost absolute power. That is why fatty Kim is not doing it. Stop.

Other obvious examples are the African blacks. Every year currently, millions were starved to death in Africa. But, if released to the outside world, or, for that matter, improved its agricultural machinery, they would become the champions in sports and may even sport a USA president. These starving African blacks are not stupid. They just arenít given a chance to grow. Why should they be given a chance by others?

Researchers had concluded that our human brain is 60% too big. We donít need that brain power to stay on top of the food chain. Then why should the human brain be so humongous? It is from the fear of our neighbours. Our greatest threat is not of any natural elements but the self-preservation from the possible attacks from our neighbours.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...ge_brains.html

You must have recently watched the video and read the news that a 31-year-old man dies after attack at Clarke Quay carpark; 9 arrested for rioting (16 Apr 2017). It was nothing more than a not-too-discrete staring game of oneís gf.

Therefore, I fear the elements. I fear most of all - Man. Technology to me can be used by me or against me. I am not too zealous to think which is which.

If mice (0.4) cannot solve a puzzle of procreation using simple social interactions, I am very doubtful if I am clever enough to solve the precreation puzzle with my follow humans (7.5).

I therefore choose to be a quitter, just like my forefathers before me. Our good friend, Stalin, killed 20m just to retain control and our very good and better friend too, Mao, killed ď50mĒ to retain power.

Quote Originally Posted by rotikok View Post
    Ö Are we lack of foods or waters to support this tiny island up to 10m ppl? Human history all the while cannot exceed 1B ppl worldwide because of foods. Religion or Jesus did nothing to help us overcome it. It is industry revolution make thing changed. Sg able to import foods as long as our economy is doing ok. The world able to handle double the population to 14B if we all modernise our way of farming. Ö What make you think that 7m is way too many? Is it because right now sg is 5m and you already feel it is too many? So you are comparing on relatively term? What about integration with iskandar economy where day time working hours sg can up to 10m while night time down to 7m? This can be possible when public transport is in place. Ö So has singapore land area hit max? Not yet, they can still reclaim sea. Think about it, when sg hit 3m, we started to feel too many and running out of lands! But always not to foeget human civilisation, we know how to increase sg usable area on same piece of lands. We have 700+km^2 of lands but we can use until like 3 to 4 times the size, sg gov even thinking of using underground for further expansion. Ö So...have you take technology into consideration?
    Well, fatty Kim, like you have suggested, can choose to import food and water to feed his population. But, can he or did he do so? NO. He could follow the pinoy and indian idea of exporting ďforeign talentsĒ to generate more income. NO. He did not. By so doing, his people would have opened their eyes and wanted more. Simplistic mind-control can no longer work for fatty Kim. Fatty Kim chose starvation as his weapon-of-choice.

Our islanders in general are lazy people. They stopped thinking when the going was good and had depended on the king rat to dish out his nuggets of wisdom and followed them. When the going was bad, they too try to listen hard on the king ratís advice. After all, what can go wrong since they have listened before and prospered? I donít blame these followers as they came from an even more horrendous situation. With little to zero education, it was a blessing they could even read the newspapers. But, unknowing to the populace, the king rat has a change of heart or was it, never change of heart in the game of ruthless mind-control.

Food can be gotten on the table only through technology OR conquest. Since conquest is a tabooed word, I shall restrict myself to discussing technology. Technology, unfortunately, is a double-edged sword. It cuts both ways. If one wants to be good in technology and ground-breaking, then one must have freedom to think and explore. But, freedom breeds adventurism. The islanders would question the very pillars of power above them and asking why are they not being rewarded. Herein, lies the irony. If one wants control, there would be no freedom. If one wants technology in exchange for food, there would be a loss of power. The old king rat chose control over freedom. Therefore, as time goes by, life becomes harder and harder. Technology lags no man.

If technology makes me drink shit water and tell me that it is good for my body, I would rather trust my rain gods and drink water that is filtered through thousands of miles from the mountains by mother nature. I donít like technology.

Same, same for the old king rat. He feared most his adversaries. He then controlled the press and freedom of his people from as early as 1960s, the start of his leadership and disallows any technology to take root. His company canít even sell a rifle, SAR 21, to anyone. When in use, it blooded every soldierís back. The buyers are not stupid. Old king rat couldnít have done any better. Therefore, it is indeed your personal choice to stay within or without. But, since you are not yet a true islander, your choice may have a slightly different slant, which is not usually confronted by the islanders.

大秦帝国在群雄逐鹿,山河日变的ď大争之世Ē,在英雄辈出百家争鸣的战国时代,华夏大地的西陲正经历着一场 亘古未有的ď黑色裂变Ē。古老的秦部族正是在这裂变般的阵痛中重生。他们燃烧着自己,用一段段血与泪,爱与 恨交织的悲壮故事,推动着整个时代前行。最终大出天下,与中原六国相融合,共同成就华夏文明的 正源。
    The story of how Qin came from a humble beginning or internal chaos to strong governance to emerge as a uniting force for China is truly refreshing. It spanned 25 generations of Qinís hard work. But, one small mistake of taking victory enjoyment march (秦始皇帝 and his son) too soon, the Qin was annihilated within the reign of just 2 emperors.

I am a believer of history. I believe, by learning history, I get to reduce the mistakes I can make. History has taught me to be patient and not try to be too playful with my humble resource.

I remained a rubber tapper Ö fearful of both natural and artificial elements Ö choice of weaponry is indeed and shall remained a very personal choice Ö

in metta Ö

Smile A Photo Trip to Air Hitam

TNB, a power company has acquired the land under its feet. Yet, a simple negotiation with the power company yielded the business opportunity that in exchange for maintaining the ground for the power company, one can start a nursery. A win-win.

Default Re: Con∑trar∑i∑an Jo∑h∑or

Quote Originally Posted by ikani View Post
    If you have chosen technology as your weapon-of-choice, my heartiest congratulation to you! Different people choose different weapon-of-choice as their assault instrument. There is no right or wrong until the last leaf falls.

I am a little bit different from you in that I am just a smallish rubber tapper. I fear the elements. If there is no rain, I will dance to the rain gods for comfort. If there are blizzards, I will pray to the rain gods again for mercy. If there are land robbers, I will discuss with the boss of the robbers for a lower ransom. I am not a changer, but a person who accept oneís fate as given. There is little or nothing I can do to change the elements, be it natural or artificial.

2,500 years ago, the Qin (秦) conquered Zhao (赵) and forced surrender a 200,000 Zhao army. As the saying goes, the Qin army killed off every one of the Zhaoís surrendered army. The reason being the Qin couldnít feed the surrendered army for long. All Qin was interested was only the land mass they conquered. That was not too long ago, only just 2,000 - 3,000 years away.

Fast forward to almost present days, WWII (1940s) saw the Japanese trying to kill off every single male in South East Asia (SEA), reason being they were deemed resistance potential. All the Japanese wanted was none other than the land-mass of SEA and the resource that comes with it. That was not even 70 years away. It was a WORLD WAR.

Another fast forward to present days, just look at North Korea, the number of populace that was starved to death every year (totalling in the millions) was not even declared. Like you have suggested, all fatty Kim needs to do is to just release his population to the world, I am sure there would be takers from South Koreans. In so doing, fatty Kim would have lost absolute power. That is why fatty Kim is not doing it. Stop.

Other obvious examples are the African blacks. Every year currently, millions were starved to death in Africa. But, if released to the outside world, or, for that matter, improved its agricultural machinery, they would become the champions in sports and may even sport a USA president. These starving African blacks are not stupid. They just arenít given a chance to grow. Why should they be given a chance by others?

Researchers had concluded that our human brain is 60% too big. We donít need that brain power to stay on top of the food chain. Then why should the human brain be so humongous? It is from the fear of our neighbours. Our greatest threat is not of any natural elements but the self-preservation from the possible attacks from our neighbours.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...ge_brains.html

You must have recently watched the video and read the news that a 31-year-old man dies after attack at Clarke Quay carpark; 9 arrested for rioting (16 Apr 2017). It was nothing more than a not-too-discrete staring game of oneís gf.

Therefore, I fear the elements. I fear most of all - Man. Technology to me can be used by me or against me. I am not too zealous to think which is which.

If mice (0.4) cannot solve a puzzle of procreation using simple social interactions, I am very doubtful if I am clever enough to solve the precreation puzzle with my follow humans (7.5).

I therefore choose to be a quitter, just like my forefathers before me. Our good friend, Stalin, killed 20m just to retain control and our very good and better friend too, Mao, killed ď50mĒ to retain power.

Well, fatty Kim, like you have suggested, can choose to import food and water to feed his population. But, can he or did he do so? NO. He could follow the pinoy and indian idea of exporting ďforeign talentsĒ to generate more income. NO. He did not. By so doing, his people would have opened their eyes and wanted more. Simplistic mind-control can no longer work for fatty Kim. Fatty Kim chose starvation as his weapon-of-choice.

Our islanders in general are lazy people. They stopped thinking when the going was good and had depended on the king rat to dish out his nuggets of wisdom and followed them. When the going was bad, they too try to listen hard on the king ratís advice. After all, what can go wrong since they have listened before and prospered? I donít blame these followers as they came from an even more horrendous situation. With little to zero education, it was a blessing they could even read the newspapers. But, unknowing to the populace, the king rat has a change of heart or was it, never change of heart in the game of ruthless mind-control.

Food can be gotten on the table only through technology OR conquest. Since conquest is a tabooed word, I shall restrict myself to discussing technology. Technology, unfortunately, is a double-edged sword. It cuts both ways. If one wants to be good in technology and ground-breaking, then one must have freedom to think and explore. But, freedom breeds adventurism. The islanders would question the very pillars of power above them and asking why are they not being rewarded. Herein, lies the irony. If one wants control, there would be no freedom. If one wants technology in exchange for food, there would be a loss of power. The old king rat chose control over freedom. Therefore, as time goes by, life becomes harder and harder. Technology lags no man.

If technology makes me drink shit water and tell me that it is good for my body, I would rather trust my rain gods and drink water that is filtered through thousands of miles from the mountains by mother nature. I donít like technology.

Same, same for the old king rat. He feared most his adversaries. He then controlled the press and freedom of his people from as early as 1960s, the start of his leadership and disallows any technology to take root. His company canít even sell a rifle, SAR 21, to anyone. When in use, it blooded every soldierís back. The buyers are not stupid. Old king rat couldnít have done any better. Therefore, it is indeed your personal choice to stay within or without. But, since you are not yet a true islander, your choice may have a slightly different slant, which is not usually confronted by the islanders.

The story of how Qin came from a humble beginning or internal chaos to strong governance to emerge as a uniting force for China is truly refreshing. It spanned 25 generations of Qinís hard work. But, one small mistake of taking victory enjoyment march (秦始皇帝 and his son) too soon, the Qin was annihilated within the reign of just 2 emperors.

I am a believer of history. I believe, by learning history, I get to reduce the mistakes I can make. History has taught me to be patient and not try to be too playful with my humble resource.

I remained a rubber tapper Ö fearful of both natural and artificial elements Ö choice of weaponry is indeed and shall remained a very personal choice Ö

in metta Ö
    "liked" ( now too little characters)

Default Re: Con∑trar∑i∑an Jo∑h∑or

QUOTE I am a believer of history. I believe, by learning history, I get to reduce the mistakes I can make. History has taught me to be patient and not try to be too playful with my humble resource. UNQUOTE

"liked"

Smile Re: A Photo Trip to Pontian

Quote Originally Posted by KBlade View Post
    ... Thanks for all the sharing...really interesting to read differing views....
    Thank you very much for being kind and hope that you can help all of us here improve our station in life.

虛實篇 第六 (Chapter 6: Virtual Ė Real Situation)
    ďÖ 夫兵形象水,水之形避高而趨下,兵之形,避實而擊虛,水因地而制流,兵應敵而制勝。故兵無常勢,水無常形, 能因敵變化而取勝者,謂之神。故五行無常勝,四時無常位,日有短長,月有死生。Ē

用兵的規律像水一樣,「水」是由高處往低處流,用兵的規律是「避實而擊虛」,水因地形而變化其方向,用兵也 要順應敵情變化而克敵制勝。所以用兵沒有固定的規則,就像水沒有固定的型態一樣,能依照敵情變化而取勝,可 算是用兵如神了。用兵之道,如同五行變化一樣,金木水火土相生相剋,不分勝負。春夏秋冬,交替更迭,日有長 短,月有盈缺,能掌握形勢,避實擊虛,可謂用兵如神。

According to Bruce Lee, ďYou must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.Ē Same, same for our weapon-of-choice.

According to SunTzu, assault is like water flowing from high to low ground. Formless, but yet purposeful. Water always avoid the real objects and attack the virtual ones. Water sizes the encountered terrain and changes its direction accordingly. A soldier must track the enemyís intent and device his own immediate strategy to foil the enemy. Therefore, there are no rules of engagement, just like water knows not what would be its direction next. If the soldier has the ability to change when the enemy changes, he is called the god of all battles. Metal, wood, water, fire and earth are all real elements; each controlling the next, there is neither winner nor loser. Same for the spring, summer, autumn and winter, the changing weather. So, it is the same for longer or shorter day of the sun or the waxing of the moon. All are known indelible factors, but, being able to avoid the real and assault the virtual circumstances, is called the god of all battles.

Contrary to SunTzu, where cunning and deceit are the order of the day, honesty remains my weapon-of-choice. Be sincere in all my battles, I have been rewarded well recently. My customers said that I am stupid to be so honest and fore right with them, but I got their deals. -_- ...

in metta Ö

Smile Re: The Cash-Flow Game

Quote Originally Posted by denso61 View Post
    Ö Can win many times, but only can die once. A big thank you for suggesting I find a mentor to guide me along, which i think i really need. I strongly believe matters such as are truly 投缘 and one is truly blessed to be able to meet the mentor fate assigned for him.
    Letís play by ear, I shall organise the meet-ups and see how we go from there (pm?). You are definitely blessed with youth in your hand, please donít squander it on things that are not fun to deal with. ^_^ Ö I am sure you and your loved ones will have a fruitful life ahead.

Ö Kudos to you for restarting the first generation game to give your future generation a shot in a new environment. Past experience accumulates and builds you up to navigate tougher seas avoid death traps, take no complacency even if you found calmer seas!
    Yes. I might have found courage to restart, but the road is still long and weary. I thank you for the great encouragement. It is important to note that we are never alone on this path. No matter how long or how short we been friends, it is nevertheless a valuable memory we all shall cherish. An extreme talent once told me, he wanted to start a coffee shop in bolehland and allow all our islanders to contribute their old artefacts to its second-storey museum. Together, he said, he wanted to save the memories of the island. That little geylang, that little east coast, that little jurong, or that little chinatown. It will never mean anything to the bolehland, but to the islanders, this is memories of the good old. A very noble and selfless man, indeed. We need nobles like him to help those who are weak. We need nobles like him to make those who are trying to make the beaching a little easier. The coffee at the shop may not taste the same as bolehland, but it is coffee of the island. The bread toast may not be as filling as bolehland, but it is our island toast. The eggs are done half boiled to their perfection; where else can we find such a joy?

Ö In fact i was just in Shenzhen just last week, entered via ferry from HKIA. Past experiences didn't make me feel like sparing a few hrs to pitstop in HK downtown for a lunch before I continue into SZ, hence i went straight into SZ. I often feel negative vibes of HK from walking on the ground, or i canít really feel the vibes well. Perhaps i should try speaking in Cantonese if i get go there again next time.
    Hong Kong is an advanced version of any chinaman cities, donít need to go Tokyo for the same experience. In time, we would be facing extremely dense populace living. By looking at Hong Kong one would be wiser without having to go through it pronto.

But, thatís not what I want to show you. If you go through the streets of Hong Kong over the past decades, you would have realized that the survivors are not any type of shops, but pure eateries. Not any type of eateries, but shops that served all kinds of food. Look closer, one would realize these shops serve every type of possible food, from noodles to rice to toast and their seats are meant for one to eat quickly and leave. These shops are the shops I want you to observe.

Fast forward to the island, you would notice the only bright spark this year is the listing of the kopitiam. Only the kopitiam survived the sands of time.

Another very fast forward to bolehland, most of the eateries now are mono-type, i.e., chicken rice store, duck rice store, fish ball noodles store and what else (the location of the store is normally at the front of the shop). Judging from Hong Kong and of the island, these eateries would never survive the sands of time. They are not of the best practice. The best practice must be one that is flexible and allows only the best food in that location-specific shop to survive (like water in Bruce Lee's words). That answer must be same, same as Hong Kongís multi-purpose cafes or the islandís kopitiam. There are not many great kopitiams in bolehland, it is time to bring good stuff to bolehland.

Ö I saw a 霸王饭 outlet somewhere in Indah few weeks ago which matches your descriptions, what caught my attention was the crowd it pulled in over all the other eateries. Interesting! Itís opened by islander?
    I have concocted an essay next based on this 霸王饭 to make more peeps happy. Please wait for the next photo post.

Quote Originally Posted by denso61
    Ö Sincerely appreciate all your words of advice. I certainly look forward to the age 45. Meanwhile i shall work on myself and get ready for it. I think it is really important to find out what you want for your own life and to not have herd mentality and just follow what the propaganda tells you, they will screw you for their own benefits!

Certainly, if the group agrees and is kind enough not to mind having a younger bloke around to have a drink or some steamed fish (love szechuan style and light soya style) After i get my keys, I would be going in johor very often on weekends to do up the unit and spend time walking the ground to see see look look and understand the vibes, will also be venturing to ipoh in a few week time to see see look look

P.S Im guessing my location and your location is in the same direction, with yours further east.
    Do make that age 50. From age 20 to age 50, one makes or breaks many things during that 30 years of learning to walk. Fast forward it again, from age 50 to age 80, another 30 years, one would be enormously wise and can truly make things happen. Thatís when lifeís a real treat. See the world, invest wisely and live a life thatís befitting oneís joy.

Yes. Venturing farther than most will test oneís bravery and wit, but also, the most rewarding. Ipoh is the birth place of all bolehland chinamen. Almost every chinaman is born of Ipoh origin in its early stages. Talk to every bolehland guys, you should find some of their connections are always back to Ipoh. Malacca was a misnomer in that they assimilated totally into the friendly culture. In fact, I donít rule out adopting the religion, if need be. LOL Ö

Ipoh is now developing quite nicely and is a good retirement living. Good mountain, good water. But, as a money-making machine, it still lacks the vibes of a budding city, unlike Johorís cute little cities.

Ipoh is the source of everything good. You will find the best coffee, best fruits, best fish, best wild animals (kekeke) and the best living conditions. It is almost dust-free like the west. One of their very famous 50-year old Bak kut teh stores is going to teach me how to cook and make their kopi and teh. His son is also quite friendly to me as he is not jealously protecting his fatherís recipe. He understood his fatherís thought and said that this recipe is his fatherís life and he doesnít mind letting it be known to the world. With that, I humbly bowed.

in metta Ö

My Reputation Points: 1874 / Power: 5

Default Re: The Cash-Flow Game

Found this interesting thread. No time to read all of it. Will finish later.

Agree that Mount Austin is a happening area in JB. Tried the frog claypot, not bad:

https://www.facebook.com/dingsengfrog/

Also visited Taman Molek. Like the feel of the place. Seems like a rich man's area. Noted that Molek Pine 1,2,3 and 4 were developed by Kuok Group. This old man is from JB.

TS, please share whatever knowledge you have on Taman Molek. I like the place except I noticed that these Malaysian jokers are very inconsiderate parkers of cars. Can understanding double or triple parking in Austin Heights restaurants area - a hungry man is an angry man, but in front of Public Bank and HSBC in Taman Molek @ 3 pm? That is too much. Still, the area around the Molek Pines feel good when I had a stroll there not too long ago

My Reputation Points: 265 / Power: 0

Default Re: The Cash-Flow Game

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Found this interesting thread. No time to read all of it. Will finish later.

Agree that Mount Austin is a happening area in JB. Tried the frog claypot, not bad:

https://www.facebook.com/dingsengfrog/

Also visited Taman Molek. Like the feel of the place. Seems like a rich man's area. Noted that Molek Pine 1,2,3 and 4 were developed by Kuok Group. This old man is from JB.

TS, please share whatever knowledge you have on Taman Molek. I like the place except I noticed that these Malaysian jokers are very inconsiderate parkers of cars. Can understanding double or triple parking in Austin Heights restaurants area - a hungry man is an angry man, but in front of Public Bank and HSBC in Taman Molek @ 3 pm? That is too much. Still, the area around the Molek Pines feel good when I had a stroll there not too long ago
    Illegal parking, inconsiderate parking, double parking, triple parking, anyhow parking, etc. is pretty much a way of life you have to get used to everywhere all over in MY.
    However, you need to be very patient and don't anyhow sound your horn when blocked by any of the above mentioned parking or you'll be scolded, walloped, whacked till blue black all over, being thrown at with chairs or with anything readily available, car vandalized or smashed, etc...........by a very big group of people!
    Remember this, you are forewarned!!

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/natio...-johor-mosque/

Smile A Photo Trip to Lee Pineapple Co. Ltd

"liked" (now too little characters)
    Letís settle the story of the brave 霸王饭. Yes. 霸王饭 belongs to a brave islander.

For 2 veg + rice dish, rm3.00-3.50, dependent on the cashier valuer. For 1 veg + 1 meat + rice dish, rm4.50. For 2 veg + 1 meat + rice dish, rm5.50.

He is shamelessly cheapo. I meant it in a good way. No one dare to come close to his cheap pricing.

He has a central kitchen to deliver the cooked food. The shops are just for service. The shops not only have nice air-con and bright environment, they also have free china tea or plain water. The plain water is filtered and of great taste. The basic idea in his weapon-of-choice is quality at low, low prices.

To win in this war of attrition, one must be shamelessly cheapo.

「天下武功,無堅不破,唯快不破!」
    「生意无限,创意不息,唯廉不败!」

In all martial art forms, no hardness is unbreakable, only speed is insurmountable. In the boundless world of business, with restless creativity, only cheapo cannot be defeated.

I recalled some years back, my friend who has been in the stationery supply business, he always made countless trips to Guangzhou, participating in their trade shows. He asked for a supply of gel ink pens. The quotation was usd1.00 per pen. He inquired about the possibility of paying only usd0.50. After some haggling, the china manufacturer conceded. So the day of delivery finally arrived. My friend collected the container and broke bulk. The delivered pens were less than 3 inches tall, i.e., half the original stated size. My friend immediately called his manufacturer. His manufacturer replied that throughout the years, they have received numerous calls with regard to the discounting of their gel ink pens. If the manufacturer had said no, they would have lost all of the deals. By saying yes, they cut all deals. But, if the manufacturer were to make the pens to specs, they would have lost tons of money. So they created a new mold for the shortened pens. They delivered these shortened pens and of course, they received tons of complaints. But, none of the vendors took them to court, as these vendors knew that they are striking an impossible deal to begin with. In business and in life, there must be fairness in the deals, the exchange must always be equitable (等价交换). We, both my friend and I, had a good laugh. In the end, he also sold his pens at half the original price and was well received. Most customers had never bought such cutey and short gel ink pens before. But, its popularity was not followed through as my friend didnít dare to step into the chinamanís lair ever again. These chinamen are definitely more yellow than his yellowness or his forefatherís yellowness. Only the very brave and yellowest skins remain in middle kingdom. The current flavour of the day: the ah tiong cheapos.

From the above example, one can deduce that being cheapo is the only solution to the business world.

Do remember Japan. When Japan lost the WWII, she was not allowed to rebuild her armies. Instead, she spent her entire time building really cheapo fakes to enter the white land. The end result was Japan managed to become the second largest economy of the world, beating even Germany. Japan sold everything from pens to watches to cars. At one time, their emperorís palace was worth more than the whole California. But, when her technologies finally caught up with the west, she has got nothing further to copy. Japanese started to invest in r&d. Thatís when Japanese fell flat. Costs escalated and never returned.

Second came the Koreans, again they copied the Japanese way. The Koreans powered their selves to everything great, from Korean gal groups to cars to phones. The number of suicides is at all-time high. Seoul has become some of the worst and most expensive place to live. Sounds familiar? It is.

Fast forward to China, isnít China repeating what the Japanese or the Koreans did.

Yes. Indeed, cheapo never fail. But, we must never increase cost. LOL Ö isnít our cutey island trying to solve this cheapo puzzle? Of course, we, at sammyboyís, knew the answer. Why teach? Letís leave it to our self-proclaimed clever millionaires to solve it.

In fact, once the island is sucked dry, I canít wait for these millionaires to send their kiddos and their millions, or better still, themselves included, into the wilderness. See how they pretend to be quick-footed multi-millionaires investing their millions into some get-rich-fast schemes.

Being a clever pilot retired in Vancouver or after-sales ministar is very different from being a hard-nosed businessman. Each requiring a clever, but very different set of skill, that necessitates oneís life time to perfect.

I hope 霸王饭 didnít rent his way to bigness. If he did, he would follow the way of the Japanese and Koreans (of course our dear island too), he would be obsoleted by the ever-increasing rentals.

I wish 霸王饭 well.

Now I would like to highlight another brave islander. This guy is in the big league, so not many of us can afford to copy him. But, it is nevertheless fun to see him successful.

If you drive along the Jalan Skudai, you would very soon hit upon a place called Lee Pineapples Co. Ltd (slightly hidden, just before hitting 王后). This place is fondly remembered as the factory that produces the Lee Pineapple Can drink. The Lee Pineapple Can drink is very flavourful. One can taste the entire real pineapple in the mouth. If you have not tried it, you must try. It sports a huge pineapple at the front of the factory gate.

Johorians love this place and is very well patronized both day and night, similar to the Queenís Garden (Ungku Tun Aminah). Just outside the factory, there are many eateries by day and by night. Not only do they have eateries, they even have many badminton halls for sports. These halls are not for sammyboysí bedminton, but real badminton.

Our brave, brave islander just came and bought up these badminton halls for a cool rm20m. The area is estimated to be around 8ac (43,560sf x 8ac = 348,480sf). After the purchase, he fast-hand, fast-leg did up a kopitiam in its place. The environment is very clean and spacious.

But, I sincerely doubt the income from this kopitiam can support the instalment of the purchase, if any.

If the purchase is fully borrowed, then the instalment per month is likely to be around rm100k per month. That would kill any businessman, if not well managed.

A quick check around, I was informed by the learned that this islander intends to wait it out. At (rm20m/348,480sf =) rm58 psf, one can buy a 2-storey terrace house with land. But, if he were to develop the land, he will probably be able to sell at rm600-800 psf. If the construction cost is between rm300-500 psf, the profit would be VERY, VERY handsome indeed. The land cost is probably almost free, based on division of the build-up plot ratio. But, this game is for the very brave. I too wish him well.

This is a piece of very valuable land. He was not wrong in the purchase, but the reaping of profits is only meant for the very brave.

If you happen to be around the area, do give his kopitiam some business.

in metta Ö

My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

Default Re: A Photo Trip to Lee Pineapple Co. Ltd

"Ipoh is the source of everything good. You will find the best coffee, best fruits, best fish, best wild animals (kekeke) and the best living conditions. It is almost dust-free like the west. One of their very famous 50-year old Bak kut teh stores is going to teach me how to cook and make their kopi and teh. His son is also quite friendly to me as he is not jealously protecting his fatherís recipe. He understood his fatherís thought and said that this recipe is his fatherís life and he doesnít mind letting it be known to the world. With that, I humbly bowed."

Bro Ikani,

I have benefitted much from your sharing.

Please accept my heartfelt thanks. Much of what you say I can't help but just continually nod my head! Though I am grateful for being born an Islander and have benefitted somewhat the past 20 years. I still have two young children to feed. I'm 47 and feel I have the energy to start afresh and still become really skilled in a new industry.

I see terrific oppotunities in JB Malaysia. Cheap housing, cheap rentals and tons and tons of land. If Malaysia is good enough for Jack Ma to invest in then I realise I must be flexible and strive to do something there too. My wife is supportive if I choose to start afresh in JB Malaysia.

Please continue to share more. I know its a very competitive field but I am keen to venture into farming and the food industry. Making delicious food from the land I till with my own hands is something I would like to do for the rest of my life. And if you are agreeable to accept me as new padawan. I am willing to 拼!

My Reputation Points: 102 / Power: 0

Default Re: Where is Home?

China is the embarrassment of all Chinese. The people are uncouth backstabbing scum. And this is from experience.

My Reputation Points: 265 / Power: 0

Default Re: Where is Home?

Quote Originally Posted by rushifa666 View Post
    China is the embarrassment of all Chinese. The people are uncouth backstabbing scum. And this is from experience.
    Seriously, from experience?
    So how did China conned you gau gau?

Thread Information