Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Con·trar·i·an Jo·h·or

My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

Smile A Photo Trip to Pontian

Default Re: The Cash-Flow Game

Thank you Ikani as your essays resonate to me in a big way in my current plans

Im in my early 30s and dont intend to have kids.
    I refused to sink cash for a ppty here and let my wings in tied up by a mortgage.
    Im saving hard to be able to get out and retire in either boleh or Chang land by age 45, without a need to be reliant on an active income。

I felt we are really lucky to be earning SGD, but in real consumption terms we dont fare as well as what the world deem us to be, with a lot of it being eroded by “artificial prices”
    But then again, its a cost to pay for me to be able to make my "cashflow", i shall not be totally ungrateful for the clean and safe environment, and of course the SGD.

I have no confidence that the future landscape would be like what our nation building generations had experienced. I only have small bullets to spare, i simply dare not risk big ticket items after seeing how vulnerable our little dot is.
    I made by first step 3 yrs ago for a little ppty in bolehland which is TOPing in the coming months, and looking and studying a 3rd alternative way out.

I hope LIFE really starts for me at age 45. I need to start making a bucket list now for age 45

Stay firm, Stay Strong.
    cheers

My Reputation Points: 64 / Power: 4

Default Re: A Photo Trip to Pontian

Nice pictures, Ikani.
    Thanks for sharing.

Any idea, the price for such a cow ?

I've always wanted to start a small farm,..

Cheers

Smile 忘盡心中情 (1982年電視劇《蘇乞兒》主題曲)

忘盡心中情

作詞:黃沾
    作曲:顧家輝
    演唱:葉振棠

忘盡心中情 遺下愛與癡
    任笑聲送走舊愁 讓美酒洗清前事
    四海家鄉事 何地我懶知
    順意趨寸心自如 任腳走尺軀隨遇

難分醉醒玩世就容易 此中勝負只有天知
    披散頭髮獨自行 得失唯我事
    昨天種種夢 難望再有詩
    就與他永久別離 未去想那非和是 *

Repeat *
    未記起從前名字

How many of us here dare to admit that when we were alone, tears just rolled non-stop? I did. Many times. I am no different from the young bubble queen who first started out in white land.

How many times when I yearn for acceptance in a far away foreign land, but to be spurned and cheated by fellow islanders.

Let me bear no more grudges as it would gain no further merit. I must grit my teeth and move on ...

Just a song to soothe that wounded heart along a long, long road ahead ... 未記起從前名字

I enjoyed this song ... I hope you do too ...

in metta ...

Smile Re: A Photo Trip to Pontian

Quote Originally Posted by Botak1 View Post
    Any idea, the price for such a cow ?
    Boss, I don't quite know as I have yet to recover from my white land shock. In white land, it costs about $600 per cow. I think it should around the same here - rm600.

If you are starting a farm, please count me in. I will be your water boy.

My Reputation Points: 64 / Power: 4

Quote Originally Posted by ikani View Post
    Boss, I don't quite know as I have yet to recover from my white land shock. In white land, it costs about $600 per cow. I think it should around the same here - rm600.

If you are starting a farm, please count me in. I will be your water boy.
    Dear Ikani & other Sincere members reading,..

1. I am looking for the lowest cost land, in west Johor, ...to start a community of like-attitude & diverse talents.

2. Singapore, has becum extremely Toxic,

3. UpComing New Cities, ditto

The only Real Wealth, is Health

& such comes only when Human densities are carefully managed to be low, & in harmony with surrounding nature.

Stay Strong, Ikani.

You Are not Alone.

Sincerely,

Me.

My Reputation Points: 37 / Power: 0

Very interesting thread..

I agree that one must get out of SG for a better future...
    But our ties held us back...

For me, I bought a very expensive condo 500m away from CIQ so that I can enjoy the best of both world hopefully..

Lately, I am pondering what kind of viable biz that I can try my hands on without getting burnt too badly..
    Haizzz..

Still pondering as I slog away as a salaryman....

By the way, Ikani... I agree that CASHFLOW is the most important thing ..
    I learnt that through the CASHFLOW GAME by Robert Kiyosaki back in around 2005..
    Then that game was abused by insurance agents to peddle insurance products... LOL...
    I managed to get an electronic version !!!

My Reputation Points: 7 / Power: 0

Dear Ikani & other Sincere members reading,..

1. I am looking for the lowest cost land, in west Johor, ...to start a community of like-attitude & diverse talents.

2. Singapore, has becum extremely Toxic,

3. UpComing New Cities, ditto

The only Real Wealth, is Health

& such comes only when Human densities are carefully managed to be low, & in harmony with surrounding nature.

Stay Strong, Ikani.

You Are not Alone.

Sincerely,

Me.
    Well penned my friend.

Smile A Business Idea - Farm

Hey, Boss. Aiyoh! Please don’t one time give so many nuggets of wisdom. We, or maybe just Me, poor in comprehension, cannot cope with this information overload lah. Please give me time to absorb ... I shall treat them one-by-one.

Preamble

I had always wanted to think what is the best future in business dealing? The best business is to farm humans. Unfortunately, the cost is too prohibitive and normally it involves a royal conquest, just like what the old man did to that island.

[孫子兵法]: 始計篇第一 LAYING PLANS … 兵者,詭道也。 All warfare is based on deception. But, I am not into it. I still want my next generations to have assholes.

So what other business will transcend the obsolescence of modern technologies? I guess it must be food business and the origin of food must be land.

So here I am in farming business.

A Farm Anyone?

So I fast-hand fast-leg went ahead to buy a quarter (160ac) as my farm. If I go and do ippt, I will fat die me, man. It’s 3.2 km round the fence.

Since the whites are not into Chinese food business, I thought of subdividing the land into 2, and go deep into Chinese food. 80ac goes to keep deers for their deer velvet (鹿茸), it is allowed in white land to chop their horns early, so that the deers don’t end up killing each other during heat. The other half, I planned to keep alpacas for producing fur and organic shit for my ginseng (人蔘) farm. I am in the ginseng growing belt. The ginseng farm is lucrative in that for each acre, the annual yield is at least $25k. The seedlings only cost $2.5k per bag of thousands. Each spawned ginseng plants will give me 30-40 more seeds per year. I must be the most cunning bastard on earth. Just 5 acres of it, I would be quite comfortable. As for some of the other acres, I will down trees and start my black/white truffles and lingzhi (靈芝) mushrooms. Of course, I need to keep some piglets to hunt these shroomies.

What a useless dream! In the end, what happened? Well, I was interviewed by the yellow newspaper in the west, with photos and all, and had an almost ˝ page feature of me starting up a brave farm, i.e., a dream farm that no yellows have dared to tread.

As expected, at the end, I lost my pants. The whites I employed wanted this and wanted that. None of them wanted to teach me how to keep animals and the governing rules with it. The plants were either died or stolen. Even the bees I wanted to keep were extremely expensive to buy. The barrier of entry became so great that I just gave up. The town that hosted me decided unilaterally to increase my property tax by 20 folds, since I had such a big dream and should be taxed correctly from the start. These are the cheebye ang mos and they are not allowing my virgin ass to go free and unfucked. Really fuck them or was it the other way round!

Although pissed poor now, I feel much better … LOL …

Temple Calculation

Fast forward to today, my current host country remains one of the best, I have witnessed. I am not going to let it go to waste just like that.

I have jointly set up a small temple in KL for my temple calculations. Come and visit me if one is freer.

A Malaysian Farm?

What I am written below is just my simple thought. I have not dwelt into it deep enough, I apologise. But, a good temple calculation must be made this time before one takes the plunge, it is too important not to fail this time with a good host country.

勢篇第五 ENERGY: 勢如張弩,節如發機。紛紛紜紜,鬥亂而不可亂也。渾渾沌沌,形圓而不可敗也。Energy may be likened to the bending of a crossbow; decision, to the releasing of a trigger. Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all; amid confusion and chaos, your array may be without head or tail, yet it will be proof against defeat.

The new farm, in my opinion, should be at least 20ac in size. Too small, no point. Too big, too expensive to start up. It is about rm1-3 psf. So a 20ac freehold farm land will cost rm870k-2.6m. Not too bad if one can get some loan to start. Otherwise, we can always cloud-fund it.

Most of the current farm lands are already oil palm trees ready. So without doing anything, we can already can get income through palm oil.

I had a connection used to have a fresh water turtle farm. LOL ... He and his friends started a 2ac farm, using cement for pond-making. The cement was made to surround the turtles all round. Of course, he fenced them well. Thefts were known but manageable. One fine day, all his turtles disappeared. The turtles had made a jail break by tunnelling through the base. He doesn’t believe turtles can be smart too. The base was not cemented. LOL … He lost rm100k in the partnership. The villagers were extremely happy as they now can have turtle soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had floated the idea of starting a farm to him, he looked at me funny. LOL …

So keeping animals is not for the faint-hearted. Even oil palms are not easy to take care as their fruits can be stolen before ripening. LOL …

I have spoken to a few parties and one of them, a Taiwanese. He’s the most entrepreneurial among all my friends. He said after the conflict with China, Taiwan was pissed poor. Taiwan survived on American’s mercy. Every month, shipment of wheat flour would land in Taiwan. They were glad for help from the whites. Even the flour bags were used as underwear for the guys. This is truly called pissed poor. Little by little, since all KMT were from all over China, they started to mimic all their village food. Viola! Suddenly Taiwan, a true miniature China, is famous for every food in China. Since China was still closed then, Taiwan became the destination for all authentic Chinese food. Food like cross-bridge rice noodles, Gold Hwa roasted pork knuckles or preserved wax ducks became hot sellers. Slowly, the Taiwanese get to invest in r&d. Even now, most of grouper fish stocks come from Taiwan, these little fishes are known to resist red-tide deaths. Taiwan indeed has come a long, long way. It is the hard work of an intelligent yellow race.

After listening to all his cock-and-bull stories and numerous gloatings, he finally gave me a hint that I should consider hard: Breeding of foreign ducks (番鴨) and meat geese. He said ducks are known to be poisonous in the food chain. All preggies must not eat ducks during their term, but they can all eat foreign ducks and it is good for the babies. He told me if need be, he will help me source good foreign duck breeds and smuggle their eggs over to you-know-where. He further added that the yellows die for a good duck or goose meat.

The land used he said is very minimal and all one needs is a good source of water supply. LOL … I am going to dig that water table. Yeah!

He told me in business, one has to be unique to survive. One must also be brave and tries the new. Over and above that, over-deliver on quality. Hmmm … I thought I was listening to Warren Buffet then.

As for the rest of the land use, he said, “Take one step at a time.” I guess he meant we can all keep some cows too. LOL …

He said, “With land, that’s the closest to nature, one can get. It shall feed us all if we are not too greedy. With internet, there is nowhere on earth that is not civilised.” One can project the show, “Gone with the Wind”, for the cow to watch. Wine and women are never far if one is well-cashed.

Farm Operations

As long we feed our dogs well, maybe 20 of them. There would be no petty thieves. How much does it cost? Very little, they get their own food. I had 3 full sized dogs (2 personal and 1 intruded), I spent zero cent in feeding them.

As for the foreign workers, they are plentiful from you-know-where. They always swim around for jobs.

As for the markets, as long one has the quality products, Johoreans spend like hell as they need to spend to prove their stature.

in metta …

Default Re: A Business Idea - Farm

Dear Ikani,
    Any long term outlook on boleh and siam currency to share?
    many thanks

Thread Information