• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Keppel Corp

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every quarter it tries to give out $0.0093, one year $0.0372. At its current $0.485, dividend is 7.67%.

Sounds good. But how much did you pay when you bought the share?

Investing in shares got to consider capital gain/depreciation and dividends

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
51c, that's why I said I unlucky.

so u lost 2.5c which is 5% of your investment.

hope that it doesnt go down further in 2017 and that it can maintain its current dividend. looking at the current oversupply of Office space and retail space, it is gg to be difficult for them this year

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so u lost 2.5c which is 5% of your investment.

hope that it doesnt go down further in 2017 and that it can maintain its current dividend. looking at the current oversupply of Office space and retail space, it is gg to be difficult for them this year

Jiejie, I think kep infra is into things like supplying gas, waste management? I know I lack knowledge in analysing shares but it can't be so bad I didn't know what are the products of the company I bought into?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jiejie, I think kep infra is into things like supplying gas, waste management? I know I lack knowledge in analysing shares but it can't be so bad I didn't know what are the products of the company I bought into?

Yes, KIT is involved in:

Keppel Merlimau Cogen Plant
Senoko Waste-to-Energy Plant
Keppel Seghers Tuas Waste-to-Energy Plant
Keppel Seghers Ulu Pandan NEWater Plant
SingSpring Desalination Plant
City Gas
Basslink
DataCentre One
CityNet

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, KIT is involved in:

Keppel Merlimau Cogen Plant
Senoko Waste-to-Energy Plant
Keppel Seghers Tuas Waste-to-Energy Plant
Keppel Seghers Ulu Pandan NEWater Plant
SingSpring Desalination Plant
City Gas
Basslink
DataCentre One
CityNet

So how did retail and office spaces come into picture?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysian shares are subject to great manipulation. If SG shares are bad, malaysian shares are worse
msian stocks got a lot of insider news ... b4 news bcame official, dose inside coys oredi buy up ze stock ... wen news cum out, u read it, thot news very gud n wanna buy, dey happily juz dump their share on u ...

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
msian stocks got a lot of insider news ... b4 news bcame official, dose inside coys oredi buy up ze stock ... wen news cum out, u read it, thot news very gud n wanna buy, dey happily juz dump their share on u ...

yes...some countries are like that. insider news is prevalent. so I avoid Malaysian counters

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When I first started trading Malaysian share in the CLOB days I was a newbie & followed the crowd & depended on tips & rumors :o
I made some money because the stock market was hot in those days.

Market manipulation by the powers above is a fact of life. The PAP controls companies like Keppel so it is very political thing. Many Sporeans have lost their savings when the oil stocks tanked. Who's to say it won't happen to Keppel? They might be diversified but who controls them:wink:

My approach gradually changed because I had less time to trade the market because I was busy with other things.
I just buy into the big chip companies & if they do well & give me a steady stream of dividends, I buy more of their shares. I'm not much into reading company reports but over time I've developed a portfolio that works for me.

In Malaysia there is a book with a listing of all the companies names traded in the KLSE, with a snapshot of what they do & their annual performance. It's periodically updated. I got my copy at MPH at City View Mall. If you go through it you will realise that there are many,...many companies in Malaysia more than what you find in Spore.

I also have access to UOB Kay Hian emailed reports. Kay Hian has a department that takes care of clients who invest in Malaysia. They are much better than OCBC Securities if you want to trade Malasians shares.. However it is still cheaper to start with a Malaysian trading account in Malaysia. If you use Maybank, as a bonus any unused funds in my Maybank Premium account gets a higher interest.

The reason I still own Sime Darby shares is because in the past the past they performed but now they are having problems. I still keep the shares because I think they will eventually improve, I hope:confused:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I first started trading Malaysian share in the CLOB days I was a newbie & followed the crowd & depended on tips & rumors :o
I made some money because the stock market was hot in those days.

Market manipulation by the powers above is a fact of life. The PAP controls companies like Keppel so it is very political thing. Many Sporeans have lost their savings when the oil stocks tanked. Who's to say it won't happen to Keppel? They might be diversified but who controls them:wink:

My approach gradually changed because I had less time to trade the market because I was busy with other things.
I just buy into the big chip companies & if they do well & give me a steady stream of dividends, I buy more of their shares. I'm not much into reading company reports but over time I've developed a portfolio that works for me.

In Malaysia there is a book with a listing of all the companies names traded in the KLSE, with a snapshot of what they do & their annual performance. It's periodically updated. I got my copy at MPH at City View Mall. If you go through it you will realise that there are many,...many companies in Malaysia more than what you find in Spore.

I also have access to UOB Kay Hian emailed reports. Kay Hian has a department that takes care of clients who invest in Malaysia. They are much better than OCBC Securities if you want to trade Malasians shares.. However it is still cheaper to start with a Malaysian trading account in Malaysia. If you use Maybank, as a bonus any unused funds in my Maybank Premium account gets a higher interest.

The reason I still own Sime Darby shares is because in the past the past they performed but now they are having problems. I still keep the shares because I think they will eventually improve, I hope:confused:

The market is controlled by big powers. this is a sad fact of life. Good that you realise it fast. Most of the blue chips in SG are controlled by TH. Never allow yourself to play into their hands. Do yourself a favour and do your due diligence. Know the market and know the company you intend to invest in. Get out of it when it hits your profit target. Dont be greedy. Get your winnings and return to fight another day.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The market is controlled by big powers. this is a sad fact of life. Good that you realise it fast. Most of the blue chips in SG are controlled by TH. Never allow yourself to play into their hands. Do yourself a favour and do your due diligence. Know the market and know the company you intend to invest in. Get out of it when it hits your profit target. Dont be greedy. Get your winnings and return to fight another day.

I have a very long term outlook & will probably still own my Malaysian shares when I up the lorry. I have already made my will passing down ownership to my decendants.

I doubt that Spore shares will last that long. Once the PAP is out of power there will probably be major changes.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a very long term outlook & will probably still own my Malaysian shares when I up the lorry. I have already made my will passing down ownership to my decendants.

I doubt that Spore shares will last that long. Once the PAP is out of power there will probably be major changes.

Uncle Johnny, u worry too much, pap will not be out of power for the next 20-30 years :smile:
Greedy and selfish sinkies and new citizens will make sure that will never happen :smile:
Lee dynasty is only at risk of abdication if it takes in more foreign born MPs (non Chinese) and allow them to gain in numbers and strength.

My only worry is that local GLCs will lose more and more with overseas investments as their jiakliaobees get conned left right and centre by street smart people in other countries.

And you could probably be right that Malaysian companies will last long. If they can survive all the political turmoil throughout the years, they are probably managed by smarter people.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree that pap will be out of power one day and many things, including shares, will change.

You are very wise and have a long term view. Congratulations.

Unlike you, I believe shares will rise and fall. My aim is to sell when it is high and buy back when it falls. If done well, can make good money

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Johnny, u worry too much, pap will not be out of power for the next 20-30 years :smile:
Greedy and selfish sinkies and new citizens will make sure that will never happen :smile:
Lee dynasty is only at risk of abdication if it takes in more foreign born MPs (non Chinese) and allow them to gain in numbers and strength.

My only worry is that local GLCs will lose more and more with overseas investments as their jiakliaobees get conned left right and centre by street smart people in other countries.

And you could probably be right that Malaysian companies will last long. If they can survive all the political turmoil throughout the years, they are probably managed by smarter people.

Well said. We need more Singaporeans like you who knows what the pap is doing to SG