• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat She asked me why I went drinking again

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
ShentonDK shared with me this news yesterday: https://www.ft.com/content/f5243188-bc55-11e6-8b45-b8b81dd5d080

China spent US$69billion to defend their cash outflow WITHIN A MONTH due to declining yuan against USD (Yuan did not really necessary against other exporting nations, eg. BRICS, Korea or Japan). NipponDK pointed out in our groupchat that probably the yuan decline can sustain some economic growth above 6% in China for 2017. The country created debt to sustain high GDP but the money made is transferred overseas, leaving china with an empty shell.

According to the article, China has about US$3 trillion of reserves and in the first 10 months of 2016, capital outflows from China rose to US$530bn. Assuming their monthly decline is about 1.5-3.0%, China will go bust when the reserves hit US$2 trillion which will likely be about 18 months later from now.

ShentonDK was right.

China set their offshore overnight lending rate at 80%pa tonight to curb speculation and capital outflows, brieflty behaving like Venezuela.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...t-squeeze-is-back-as-yuan-rally-crushes-bears

“Another extraordinary day in China,” said Gareth Berry, a foreign-exchange and rates strategist at Macquarie Bank Ltd. in Singapore. “It looks like a classic case of a consensus trade blowing up at the start of a new year.”

The turbulence represents the latest twist in a battle between China bears -- who say slowing economic growth makes a devaluation inevitable -- and policy makers fearing a sudden drop will destabilize the financial system. Pessimists have mostly been on the right side of the trade since a one-time exchange rate adjustment in August 2015, but sudden bouts of strength have proven painful for short sellers who need to periodically roll over their bets.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it is more lamentable if there is nobody to ask you "Why I go drinking again".

only drink kopi this morning, with my ShentonDK. now going to office. I very sad that she don't understand that I go drinking to let go of myself briefly before going back to face the realities of life.

He warned me that a heavily indebted food company is preparing to submit unstated profits to IRAS so that they look very profitable, so that they can spin off and run road in 2017/18 IPO to capitalize on the success of Jumbo Seafood IPO in 2016. The company's actual accounts are bleeding badly, due to their unfocused strategy in different types of AMDK eateries and bakery.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from drinking with my good friends, AMDK, NipponDK and PunjabDK.

They shared with me about the latest ktv geopolitics; Jalan Besar Cambodian girls, Bugis PRCs, Beach Road Thai Discos, Selegie Viets, Orchard towers Filipinos... ...

Can you notice that coincidentally, these are the countries that tilted towards China recently. Yes, including the Vietnamese who were supposed to be against China, sent their leader to visit China lately. I need not explain more for the other countries.

AMDK has a plan, since all these chicks no longer love him. He can cripple them like 1997 as the chicks are already addicted to weak US Dollar and low interest rates in the past 9 years.

And this time, NipponDK is ready to back him up by engineering a joint appreciation with AMDK because he has given the chicks lots of Yen loans from ADB and faking a Yen depreciation lately.

My dear PunjabDK is also getting ready by forcing the underground cash back to the financial system through a massive demonetization of old 500 and 1000 Rupees for new notes. At least, Rupee is able to appreciate against the chicks when AMDK smashes his beer bottle on the ground.

That's all I heard from my DK gathering. So, I gotta go stock up more US Dollars before PunjabDK completes his cash swaps, otherwise I cannot be AsiaDK anymore.

Maybe I drank too much. Haha

AMDK is right!!! Fed may hike rates at quicker pace http://www.straitstimes.com/business/faster-us-growth-fed-may-hike-rates-at-quicker-pace

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;8nJP12_jdtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nJP12_jdtY[/video]

I'd pull the sun out from the sky to light your darkest night
I wouldn't let one drop of rain fall down into your life

Believe me baby, I could never do you wrong
And I would never paint your world blue

And if sometimes it seems I must have lost mind
I might be crazy but I'm crazy about you...

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
076f9560adfced4e0ec5f8e50d849041.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Dreams_May_Come_(film)

While vacationing in Switzerland, pediatrician Chris Nielsen (Robin Williams) meets artist Annie Collins (Annabella Sciorra). They marry and have two children, Ian (Josh Paddock) and Marie (Jessica Brooks Grant). Their idyllic life ends when the children die in a car crash. Life becomes difficult: Annie suffers a mental breakdown and the couple contemplates divorce, but they manage through their losses.

On the anniversary of the day, Chris is also killed in a car crash. Unaware that he is dead, and confused that no one will interact with him, Chris lingers on Earth. He sees Annie's attempts to cope with his loss and attempts to communicate with her, despite advice from a presence that this will only cause her more pain. When his attempts cause more sorrow, he decides to move on.

Chris awakens in Heaven, and learns that his immediate surroundings can be controlled by his imagination. He meets a man (Cuba Gooding, Jr.) he recognizes as Albert, his friend and mentor from his medical residency, and the presence from his time as a "ghost" on Earth. Albert will guide and help in this new afterlife. Albert teaches Chris about his existence in Heaven, and how to shape his little corner, and to travel to others' "dreams".

Meanwhile, Annie is unable to cope with the loss of her husband and decides to commit suicide. Chris, who is initially relieved that her suffering is done, grows angry when he learns that those who commit suicide go to Hell; Chris is adamant that he will rescue Annie from Hell, despite Albert's insistence that no one has ever succeeded in doing so with a suicide. Albert agrees to find Chris a "tracker" to help search for Annie's soul.

On the journey to Hell, Chris recalls his son, Ian. Remembering how he'd called him the one man he'd want at his side to brave Hell, Chris realizes that Albert is truly Ian. Ian explains that he chose Albert's appearance because he knew that Chris would listen to Albert without reservation. Before they part, Ian begs Chris to remember how he saved his marriage following Ian and Marie's deaths. Chris then journeys onward with the tracker.

Chris must walk across the field of Faces of the Damned, stepping on their faces as he navigates across it. The damned can be heard talking, including a businesswoman who says she never over-billed her clients. Chris and the tracker arrive at a dark and twisted version of Chris and Annie's house. The tracker then reveals himself as the real Albert and warns Chris that if he stays with Annie for more than a few minutes he may be permanently trapped in Hell, advising that all Chris can reasonably expect is an opportunity for a final farewell to Annie.

Chris enters their now-horrific looking home to find Annie suffering from amnesia, unable to remember her suicide, and visibly tortured by her decrepit surroundings. Unable to stir her memories, the tracker sees Chris give up his quest to save Annie from hell. But instead of returning to Heaven, Chris chooses to join Annie forever in Hell. As he declares to Annie his intent to stay, his words parallel something he'd said to her as he left her in an institution following the children's deaths, and she regains her memories while Chris is making her nightmare his. Annie, wanting nothing more than to save Chris, ascends to Heaven, bringing Chris with her.

204800.jpg

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
only drink kopi this morning, with my ShentonDK. now going to office. I very sad that she don't understand that I go drinking to let go of myself briefly before going back to face the realities of life.

He warned me that a heavily indebted food company is preparing to submit unstated profits to IRAS so that they look very profitable, so that they can spin off and run road in 2017/18 IPO to capitalize on the success of Jumbo Seafood IPO in 2016. The company's actual accounts are bleeding badly, due to their unfocused strategy in different types of AMDK eateries and bakery.

ShentonDK haolian to me this piece of news this morning to remind me what he mentioned last week: Steady pipeline of IPOs for Singapore this year http://www.todayonline.com/business/steady-pipeline-ipos-singapore-year

hahah, he truly knows his game.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...t-squeeze-is-back-as-yuan-rally-crushes-bears

“Another extraordinary day in China,” said Gareth Berry, a foreign-exchange and rates strategist at Macquarie Bank Ltd. in Singapore. “It looks like a classic case of a consensus trade blowing up at the start of a new year.”

The turbulence represents the latest twist in a battle between China bears -- who say slowing economic growth makes a devaluation inevitable -- and policy makers fearing a sudden drop will destabilize the financial system. Pessimists have mostly been on the right side of the trade since a one-time exchange rate adjustment in August 2015, but sudden bouts of strength have proven painful for short sellers who need to periodically roll over their bets.

tumblr_inline_nmiehhDz1H1s13bk5_500-1430418784.gif

Yuan Is Crashing (Again) http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-08/yuan-crashing-again

China's Central Bank Advisor - Inclusion into IMF's Special Drawing Rights allows China to reduce reserves. :eek:

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..wheat beer Weissbier
Had this last weekend over in KL. Not bad, ringgit 20 (S$7) for 3 cans at minimart.
Don't think we got this range here in sinkieland.

Nothing beats fresh Hoogarden or Erdinger draft (not the bottle stuff though)

IMG_0715_zps8dsxkdzr.jpg

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had this last weekend over in KL. Not bad, ringgit 20 (S$7) for 3 cans at minimart.
Don't think we got this range here in sinkieland.

Nothing beats fresh Hoogarden or Erdinger draft (not the bottle stuff though)

Good sharing bro, had a lot of hoegarden n Erdingers years ago.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahaha, this ShentonDK really machiam like he owns the press machine,
he knows what will be in the news days in advance.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...on-facility-to-service-151-cafes/3429674.html