• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Terrex AFV confiscation in HKG: The Implications and Revelations

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the chinese decide to invade Taiwan...
But that's a big "IF", right? :wink:

In my opinion, if China really physically invades Taiwan, I strongly suspect Japan will invade Shanghai within 24 hours! :eek: :o
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?238144-Terrex-AFV-confiscation-in-HKG-The-Implications-and-Revelations&p=2540610#post2540610
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?238144-Terrex-AFV-confiscation-in-HKG-The-Implications-and-Revelations&p=2540750#post2540750
So how likely is it that China will ever invade Taiwan? :wink:

By the way, for those who are not aware, the UK is separated from France by only roughly 33 km of water at the narrowest part of the English Channel:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Dover
and yet, most Britons certainly do not want to become part of France, let alone Europe:
wikipedia.org/wiki/United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, 2016
Taiwan is separated from Mainland China by roughly 130 km (about four times!) of water at the narrowest part of the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Strait
so how likely is it that most Taiwanese will ever be willing to become slaves of the Communist PRC government? :confused: :wink:

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should Singapore placate the commie chinks. I say they can go to hell. Nobody needs their shit. China is a failed nation that will soon sink into oblivion.

Singapore does not need the ATCs back. Tell China they can keep them. Singapore has more than enough in reserves to buy thousands of replacements.

I agree with you.
Based on what I see, and my past interaction with PRC Chinese (when they see me for consultation, and they rarely provide all the facts, which made it challenging to provide the feasible alternatives to resolve their matters),
I do not like and do not trust those individuals from PRC.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
But that's a big "IF", right? :wink:

In my opinion, if China invades Taiwan, Japan will invade Shanghai within 24 hours! :eek: :o
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?238144-Terrex-AFV-confiscation-in-HKG-The-Implications-and-Revelations&p=2540610#post2540610
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?238144-Terrex-AFV-confiscation-in-HKG-The-Implications-and-Revelations&p=2540750#post2540750
So how likely is it that China will ever invade Taiwan? :wink:

By the way, for those who are not aware, the UK is separated from France by only roughly 33 km of water at the narrowest part of the English Channel:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Dover
and yet, most Britons certainly do not want to become part of France, let alone Europe:
wikipedia.org/wiki/United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, 2016
Taiwan is separated from Mainland China by roughly 130 km (about four times!) of water at the narrowest part of the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Strait
so how likely is it that most Taiwanese will ever be willing to become slaves of the Communist PRC government? :confused: :wink:

China doesn't need to invade, just one nuke good enough

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
China doesn't need to invade, just one nuke good enough
Just in case you did not read my post from the first link I posted, here's the part about nukes:
And in my opinion again, the Japanese military are superior to the U.S. military, and can only be defeated if both China and the USA gang up to attack Japan, like what happened during the last few years of World War 2.
Otherwise, if it's just a one-on-one between Japan and China or between Japan and the USA, Japan will probably win, especially since it's a:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_nuclear_weapon_program#De_facto_nuclear_state
wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_latency
("Nuclear latency is the condition of a country possessing the technology to quickly build nuclear weapons, without having actually yet done so. Because such latent capability is not proscribed by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, this is sometimes called the "Japan Option" (as a work-around to the treaty), as Japan is a clear case of a country with complete technical prowess to develop a nuclear weapon quickly, or as it is sometimes called "being one screwdriver's turn" from the bomb, as Japan is considered to have the materials, expertise and technical capacity to make a nuclear bomb at will.")

which is why I doubt China will actually dare to significantly hurt Japan and/or any of Japan's allies, such as, and especially, Singapore! :wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese government has officially offered Singapore to shift its training facilities to Hainan Island which has been refused at least once in maintaining status quo,[6] with official annual military exercises known as Exercise Starlight (星光計畫)[7] in Taiwan. And this is from wiki. They slapped china even before this

its a lousy offer, if they sincere, they would have offered zhu hai or dongguang. offer hainan might as well say hei long jiang.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its a lousy offer, if they sincere, they would have offered zhu hai or dongguang. offer hainan might as well say hei long jiang.
agree absolutely, and be that as it may, it's simplistic in consider, as that offer could've certain t&c's attached as compared to the existing hengchun one that may not be in our favour - good (or ulterior) motive / intentions notwithstanding.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah your big nosed white hero just asked china to show cause. Apparently smuggling weapons is legal now. Suicide run

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree absolutely, and be that as it may, it's simplistic in consider, as that offer could've certain t&c's attached as compared to the existing hengchun one that may not be in our favour - good (or ulterior) motive / intentions notwithstanding.

of cos if dongguan or zhu hai must have R&R

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's send CCS. He can perform his stupendous dance moves so they all die laughing. The SAF can then move in and rescue our hardware.

T5VI9.gif

WMnjE.gif

They should send the chute pattern lady to HK.

auVo3gFE3Y5oTLIFQnxQ.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The number one implication and revelation from this case should be the truth of country above race. I get unjustly called Chinese dog for pointing out this truth last time. Now those sinkie traitor dogs should realise it's one sided love to think other country Chinese will treat you well just becos you are Chinese. In fact it's the reverse, these people like mudlander Chinese are utterly ruthless and have zero regard for race. This truth has been proven for mudlander Chinese based on my personal experience and now for PRC by this case. Which country Chinese next? Anyone want to guess whether Taiwan Chinese will support Spore in this case?

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why should Singapore placate the commie chinks. I say they can go to hell. Nobody needs their shit. China is a failed nation that will soon sink into oblivion.

Singapore does not need the ATCs back. Tell China they can keep them. Singapore has more than enough in reserves to buy thousands of replacements.

Fuck lah, the PAP can't even stop 400 apunehs from rioting in LI, how do they stop 1 million Tiongs? U want to send them all back to china, sure I have no problems with that. But your trains and buses will stop running because there is no drivers and staff to operate them. Will u be happy then? The PAP has put us into the impossible position to rely on them like an opium addict relies on opium (tanwahtiu u there?). Practically speaking, its not possible to send them all back now. we have dug too deep a hole for that. If Beijing goes on the social media tomorrow and orders all its citizens working for SMRT and SBS not to report to work tomorrow, will you still think we don't have to placate them. U are the only idiot who does not know that the Chinese have us by the balls hair.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
On operational level, we don't need taiwan bases anymore since we got defence arrangements with other countries. Why we still keep them is to maintain our relationship with taiwan which is much isolated from international community. China though unhappy will likely close one eye so long as either roc or sg maintain a cordial relationship with mainland.

During lee teng hui time, relationship on both sides was on the brink of war. But China never uttered a single protest on ex starlight because at that point sinkieland and China were on good terms. The same during csb era, cross straits ties were very rocky but China didn't pressure us to withdraw because they don't want to jeopardise bilateral ties. During president ma tenure, China relation between roc and sinkieland were cordial and naturally beijing wouldn't want to rock they boat.

But now ties were frosty between roc and China. And relation with sinkieland was damaged because of our idiotic Pm. There is nothing to hold China back.

Yes, we have not needed
Taiwan bases for a long time now. But the fact is we invested hundreds of millions $ into those bases in taiwan. Do we just stop using them and throw all the money away? Taiwan has a much closer military relationship then you can imagine. The former head of RSAF and RSN were retired Taiwanese generals and admirals send to help set up singapore's armed forces. We modernized their F-5Es. and many other things that I am not aware off.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The number one implication and revelation from this case should be the truth of country above race. I get unjustly called Chinese dog for pointing out this truth last time. Now those sinkie traitor dogs should realise it's one sided love to think other country Chinese will treat you well just becos you are Chinese. In fact it's the reverse, these people like mudlander Chinese are utterly ruthless and have zero regard for race. This truth has been proven for mudlander Chinese based on my personal experience and now for PRC by this case. Which country Chinese next? Anyone want to guess whether Taiwan Chinese will support Spore in this case?

Taiwanese defeaning silence and their disavowal of the Terrex indicates they are not supporting us.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
dun insult Dr Richard Kwok Wai Onn the CTO of ST Engrg whose project it was to design n build .... but not his effort at all as it was a angmoh who designed it and bunch of angmohs in UK who built it BUT big arseholes in STK claimed credits. pay increases and promotions for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is how fortune is made in ST Engrg / Kinetics

U mean the drunken
Irishes at Timoney's

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Don't need to be so worked up lah.

This is a challenge put to the Singapore government. See how they perform.

This is big powerhouse China we are talking about now. When Singapore gained independence China was the sick man of Asia. Things have changed.

People keep complaining about those million dollar ministars etc. Now is their chance to show their worth. If they cannot then too bad.

The thing for outside observers like me is that whatever the outcome success or failure or disaster it doesn't affect me. So it is nice watching.

Meanwhile those still in Singapore, you can change things, you can influence China and help the issue by posting here. Correct? This is what this forum is for. To help Singapore and improve Singapore. So JIA YOU!!!! FIGHTING!!!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
STK was nothing more than a financer and a assembly factory as far as the terrex is concern. Which part of the afv is a sinkieland product? Even the engine are made in USA.

Applique armour MEXAS made by IBD "subsidiary" in singapore. RWS turret and servos and motors are made in singapore from an Israeli design. If they have any weapons, the 40mm AGL is singapore design. The vehicle design is by Timoney which is partly owned by ST Engineering. I would say there is a decent amount of singaporean content.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Former Chief of RSAF and RSN were retired Taiwanese generals?
Is it in the late 1960's?

This was in the 1970s.

Commander Republic of Singapore Air Force was formerly Republic of China Air Force Colonel Liu Ching Chuan. Colonel Liu actually had combat experience having flown a F-84G Thunderjet against PLAAF Mig-15s. he was shot down as a Major after a dogfight with a Mig-15. That would place him head and shoulders above any personnel that the RSAF had in those days.

Commander Republic of Singapore Navy was former Republic of China Navy Colonel rank Khoo Eng An. He was born in Singapore, but family moved to Taiwan. he served in the Taiwanese Navy for 27 years, retired and came to singapore to be Cmmander RSN for 10 years between 1975 and 1985. at that time, this sort of shit is closely guarded secret. He passed away at aged 73 in 1999. Who can trust this sort of chief of navy who was loyal to another country for 27 years?