Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Terrex AFV confiscation in HKG: The Implications and Revelations

My Reputation Points: 13416 / Power: 12

Default Re: Terrex AFV confiscation in HKG: The Implications and Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    Let me see now, its all about the missing or incorrect documentation or paperwork, right?

HKG Customs: "APL, we seem to be missing such and such documents for this shipment of armour vehicles. You have it or not"
    APL: "Sorry, yes, we have all the missing paperwork, will get it from our office and deliver to you tomorrow, ok?"

Like that takes 2 months?
    HKG Customs: "APL, we seem to be missing such and such documents for this shipment of armour vehicles. You have it or not"
    APL: "Sorry, yes, we have all the missing paperwork, will get it from our office and deliver to you in 60 days, ok?"

Like that takes 2 months.

My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

Default Re: Terrex AFV confiscation in HKG: The Implications and Revelations

https://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...-GPMG-on-board

So, now that it seems like there was Live GPMG machine guns in the shipment that was confiscated, and it might have in fact be the item that violated HKG Customs importation laws, this makes the whole cock up even worse.

As mentioned earlier, the Terrex were training in Hukou camp in North East Taiwan. the camp itself has a SAF armour camp within a camp, complete with its own armskote and ammo dump. Its unfathomable to me why they did not simply draw the GPG from the Hukou armskote when they arrived for the training. We used to do that in the days of AMX-13 and M-113 training. To ship live weapons unprotected and unguarded on a APL container ship is ridiculous. There was no need for that at all. Simply clean and return the GPMG at the conclusion of training and that is the end of that. No need to risk losing them to theft, piracy, and in this case customs interception.

Thread Information