• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Telcos got killed - Free WhatsApp Service in 142 Countries

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
KnowRoaming is Offering Free WhatsApp Service in 142 Countries
http://www.chipchick.com/2016/11/whatsapp-knowroaming.html

(Note: Whatsapp Video Calling excluded at this moment)

KnowRoaming has long been one of our favorite services to use when traveling abroad. The company sends out SIM card stickers that go over your existing SIM card, allowing you to connect to partner networks abroad, with seamless switching as you cross borders. It’s now getting more attractive, with the announcement that WhatsApp will be free to use with any KnowRoaming SIM sticker in 142 countries.

Better yet, the offer is straightforward. KnowRoaming is extending free WhatsApp use to all WhatsApp features — text messages, sending and receiving pictures, voice messages, and the like.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's still cheaper to buy local Sim card when you travel . For M1 post paid user, you can pay $10 per location per month to use your local data.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I am overseas my Spore number is turned on but I will only pay attention if it is an SMS. If I have to reply by voice I will use a cheaper local SIM card.

I will also have my iPhone or iPad with me & can skype using a wifi connection.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's another one - chatsim.com
US$22 per year for unlimited Text messaging worldwide with WhatsApp, Messenger, WeChat, LINE, QQ

SIM Card - US$22
Subscription - US$22 per year (can top up for voice and image messaging)
PS: You can apply several online discount codes.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Source: https://www.fool.sg/2016/11/23/singapore-telcos-mobile-revenue-declines-as-the-fourth-telco-looms

In StarHub Ltd’s third quarter, the telco’s mobile segment slipped 3.6% year on year
M1 Ltd’s mobile segment also reported a 6.1% year on year decline for post-paid and 10.4% decline for pre-paid.
Mobile revenue from Singapore was also down, 2.1% lower year on year for Singapore Telecommunications Limited

Singapore Telcos’ Mobile Revenue Declines before 4th Telco joins in

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KnowRoaming is Offering Free WhatsApp Service in 142 Countries
http://www.chipchick.com/2016/11/whatsapp-knowroaming.html

(Note: Whatsapp Video Calling excluded at this moment)

KnowRoaming has long been one of our favorite services to use when traveling abroad. The company sends out SIM card stickers that go over your existing SIM card, allowing you to connect to partner networks abroad, with seamless switching as you cross borders. It’s now getting more attractive, with the announcement that WhatsApp will be free to use with any KnowRoaming SIM sticker in 142 countries.

Better yet, the offer is straightforward. KnowRoaming is extending free WhatsApp use to all WhatsApp features — text messages, sending and receiving pictures, voice messages, and the like.

telcos won't get killed la. you still have to pay knowroaming $ or credits to keep your sim card active and usable. the data roaming is not totally free.