• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Bee Wah's Jamban Remark in Parleement?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not the first time this Msian FTrash has 0 regard for others' feeling!

http://www.straitstimes.com/Our+Columnists/Column/STIStory_188889.html

insight_LeeBeeWah.jpg

Toilet humour
WHO: Ms Lee Bee Wah, an MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC
THE NEWS: Prim and proper Parliament had to suffer a brief flush, oops, brush with toilet humour in February.
During the Budget debate, Ms Lee prompted much laughter - and some raised eyebrows - in the House when she criticised the opposition's call to delay the goods and services tax (GST) hike as a case of ai pang sai ka che jamban.
It is a crude Hokkien phrase which means 'looking for a toilet only when one needs to pass motion'.
She was responding to Non-Constituency MP Sylvia Lim of the Workers' Party, who had questioned the need to raise the GST rate when the Government had revenue from other sources.
THE REACTION: Some constituents and citizens, more accustomed to polite prose in the legislature, sniffed at the pungent note she struck.
WHAT SHE SAYS NOW: 'That remark came to my mind because it was very commonly used by the adults during my childhood, including my parents.
'A number of my friends had debated over it and they still could not find a more appropriate alternative phrase.
'I don't have any regrets, as it was used without disrespect to anyone, but to communicate my thoughts at that point.' COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE: WHEN I SEE A JAMBAN NOW... 'I refrain from making more jamban jokes, though I have many more related jokes.'

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://mollymeek.livejournal.com/142597.html

Shit in Parliament?

Molly got into a cab just now and the friendly cabbie was telling Molly how amused he was by a radio news report about what a female MP in Ang Moh Kio GRC said (this is according to the cabbie, so I have no chance of verifying it).

The cabbie's account was that Sylvia Lim had questioned the early implementation of the GST hike, saying that the reduction of corporate tax would actually increase the government's revenue because it is supposed to attract more investors. (It's like shops having a sale - you make less profit per item sold, but you eventually make more profits than you would have before because you sell more items.) The rebuttal by this particular MP, again according the the cabbie, was that the GST hike cannot wait.
She supposedly said in Hokkien that you can't wait till you want to shit before looking for toilet paper. Something along the lines of: Ai pang sai jia lai chway zua.

How cultivated that is! How connected with the masses!

Said cabbie went on to offer a range of alternative analogies - none of which is related to excretion.

southwest

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that what the million dollars is buying: jamban?

Please sack this woman as she has failed as the president of STTA :mad:

tommyh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thot MM commented about the Tier 1 PAP leaders and MPs that represents us.

IS this what he meant by Tier 1? The out roar also means that she is out of touch as an MP if she thot that she was trying to connect with the masses by using the crude remarks.

So is it plain old crudeness or out of touch?

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know she is a M'sian. A disgrace to Malaysians & a shame to PAP party for picking such a candidate as a member & MP.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian turncoat....how can we trust a foreign trash like her who turns her back on her own country and pledge allegiance to another....I thought GCT has a term for this kind of people.."tao ping"..if they can turn their back on their own country of birth, they can also turn their back on their adopted country..

Last edited: