• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Creepy Jap man hunts down Sinkie girl he had crush on 40 years ago

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Japanese man reunites with Singaporean 'dream girl' after 40 years

myp_pub_logo.png

Tuesday, Oct 18, 2016

20161018_wanbao_isoda.jpg

A JAPANESE man, who had hoped to meet the Singapore girl whom he had a crush on 40 years ago and could never forget despite the passage of time, finally had his wish fulfilled this week, thanks to Facebook and Lianhe Wanbao.

Seiichiro Isoda, managing director of an international food company now based in Singapore, met Yvonne Chua again on Sunday in the lobby of Furama Riverfront Hotel at Havelock Road, reported the Chinese evening daily.

That is the hotel where they first met in 1976, then called Novotel Apollo Singapore, when she was an 18-year-old cafe waitress, her very first job, and he, a 15-year-old spending his New Year holiday here with his mother.

Despite the lapse of 40 years, he immediately recognised Ms Chua when she appeared on Sunday with her family members, and rushed out from the restaurant, where he had been waiting, to greet her, reported Wanbao.Ms Chua froze for a moment but she quickly recalled his face in the Oct 2 Wanbao article about his search for her.

"I was surprised. I've changed so much, yet he could recognise me," the managing director of a logistics company told Wanbao.

"Although it has been 40 years, her bright eyes and sweet smile are the same as before," said Mr Isoda.

The two communicated in English for two hours, sharing about their lives and looking at the photos they took together in 1976.

That year, he saw her twice, first in the cafe when she was serving drinks to customers, and then the next day when they specially met up in the lobby for the photo-taking, which was secured by his mother as he could not speak English then.

However, to his regret, he could not remember her name and he had not got her address and number.

His effort to find Ms Chua during his posting here by a bank from 1994 to 2000 was futile as he had no clue to start with.

Then, last year, he was again posted to Singapore, and this time he resorted to Facebook to disseminate his story.

A friend, who saw the post, linked him up with Wanbao, and three days after the report was published, the newspaper received a call from Ms Chua's daughter.

Fearing that the meeting would generate gossip, Ms Chua originally did not agree to it, but her husband urged her to show up, saying he was moved by Mr Isoda's sincerity and perseverance.

Mr Isoda said his dogged search for Ms Chua also had the blessing of his wife, who often heard him praise the looks and serene charms of the "most beautiful girl" he has ever met.

"If I were a Singaporean, I would certainly have tried to seek her hand," said Mr Isoda.

Now he hopes only that he could remain in contact with Ms Chua, who is a grandmother of three children.

"But I never regret spending so many years looking for her," he said.

isoda_01.JPG

A JAPANESE man, who had hoped to meet the Singapore girl whom he had a crush on 40 years ago and could never forget despite the passage of time, finally had his wish fulfilled this week, thanks to Facebook and Lianhe Wanbao.

isoda_02.JPG

Seiichiro Isoda, managing director of an international food company now based in Singapore, met Yvonne Chua again on Sunday in the lobby of Furama Riverfront Hotel at Havelock Road, reported the Chinese evening daily.

isoda_03.JPG

That is the hotel where they first met in 1976, then called Novotel Apollo Singapore, when she was an 18-year-old cafe waitress, her very first job, and he, a 15-year-old spending his New Year holiday here with his mother.

isoda_04.jpg

Despite the lapse of 40 years, he immediately recognised Ms Chua when she appeared on Sunday with her family members, and rushed out from the restaurant, where he had been waiting, to greet her, reported Wanbao.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
beware the asian menopausal syndrome.

That's where the mistresses come into the picture. The christocentric concept of marriage being the eternal union of 1 man and 1 woman has caused much heartache, stress and frustration the world over.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are a managing director of an international firm,u can request for any pussy even one very long ago.

Now I know why some sinkie loser cannot get a woman even paying for a bag.

jw5

Loyal
When you are a managing director of an international firm,u can request for any pussy even one very long ago.

Now I know why some sinkie loser cannot get a woman even paying for a bag.

Why would anyone want to request for a pussy from very long ago? :confused::biggrin:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
jahoching154.jpg

Is there any old uncle out there who had a crush on her many moons ago who would appear suddenly to look for her?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's important to stay faithful to your spouse, there are temptations many many, just use your imagination can already...:o

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
jahoching154.jpg

Is there any old uncle out there who had a crush on her many moons ago who would appear suddenly to look for her?

Yes, but he is
being treated at IMH now for insanity, and at the National eye centre for blindness.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This Chua lady damn sway. if she kept in touch with him, she could be living in Japan now as a tai tai. Instead, stuck in HDB flat in this shit hole of an island and dodging deadly disease every day like zika, malaria, HEP, etc,

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Chua lady damn sway. if she kept in touch with him, she could be living in Japan now as a tai tai. Instead, stuck in HDB flat in this shit hole of an island and dodging deadly disease every day like zika, malaria, HEP, etc,

How do you know that she is living in HDB flat? Maybe she is living in landed property or condominium?

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
...she could be living in Japan now as a tai tai. Instead, stuck in HDB flat in this shit hole of an island and dodging deadly disease every day...
But Japan has regular natural disasters (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, typhoons, tsunamis, floods, landslides, etc.) that affect all four major islands and the much smaller islands. :(
wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_disasters_in_Japan
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disasters_in_Japan_by_death_toll

Yes, I agree Singapore is a boring and stressful island-city-state, but it's probably significantly safer than Japan, especially since Singapore's homicide rate is one of the lowest in the world:
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#By_country
Singapore's suicide rate is also much lower than Japan's:
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_Japan

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
But Japan has regular natural disasters (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, typhoons, tsunamis, floods, landslides, etc.) that affect all four major islands and the much smaller islands. :(
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disasters_in_Japan_by_death_toll

Yes, I agree Singapore is a boring and stressful island-city-state, but it's probably significantly safer than Japan, especially since Singapore's homicide rate is one of the lowest in the world:
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#By_country
Singapore's suicide rate is also much lower than Japan's:
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_Japan
I talk about diseases and u bring up natural disaster. What the fuck? Singapore has a natural disaster for months every year, that japan does not have. its called The Haze.