• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Zorro: Sinkies, Don't Be Picky About Jobs! 96% Can Find Good Jobs, Why Can't You?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Photo-of-Lim-Swee-Say-from-Jason-Quah-Today.jpg

Speaking at an employment dialogue yesterday (Oct 8), Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say talked down more than 50 fresh grads at the session telling them not to be “too picky” when job hunting.

Minister Lim Swee Say claimed that fresh graduates in Singapore will always able to find jobs, and when they can’t, it is only because they are picky:

“I will be frank. However many good jobs we create in Singapore, however many good careers, there will always be competition. We will create an exciting future for you, but it will also be a challenging one. Don’t be too picky in the job hunt. You’re just sitting there waiting for the perfect job, but what if it doesn’t come? Will you just sit there? The longer you stay out of employment, the harder it is to come back.”

The Manpower Minister then wax lyrical about himself being a very good example, where he first started as a software engineer before moving to the Economic Development Board and eventually become a Minister today.

“Those who will succeed are those who see every problem as an opportunity.”

According to the latest employment statistics in June 2016, the unemployment rate of graduates hit a 7-year-high at 4.3%.

http://statestimesreview.com/2016/1...y-talk-down-on-fresh-grads-you-are-too-picky/

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should consider a very good cleaner positions at the sg turf club. They say many sinkie vying for the post as winning punters are usually very generous in giving them tips, as much as $50 when they hit the dark horses. In the 2 IRS there is no such generous punters.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They should consider a very good cleaner positions at the sg turf club. They say many sinkie vying for the post as winning punters are usually very generous in giving them tips, as much as $50 when they hit the dark horses. In the 2 IRS there is no such generous punters.

The former PMETs-turned-security-guard sinkies at my office have shown an improvement in attitude. They have learnt the importance of working long hours, free OT and constantly putting a smile on their faces. They learnt all that after I put the fear of God in them, by threatening to replace them with cheaper, better, faster security guards from JB and Manila.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is plenty of retail jobs for $5.50/hr. Will you ask these grads to do these position? These type of jobs decorate and enhance my job resume.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The former PMETs-turned-security-guard sinkies at my office have shown an improvement in attitude. They have learnt the importance of working long hours, free OT and constantly putting a smile on their faces. They learnt all that after I put the fear of God in them, by threatening to replace them with cheaper, better, faster security guards from JB and Manila.

Good for u. Not only the security industry. That day had coffee with a friend who work in a IT support operation environment, they were all now more receptive towards working free ot and coming back for duty coverage when needed by the management in fear of being replaced by cheaper fts. I told myself ..luckily I'm out of this now..phew.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for u. Not only the security industry. That day had coffee with a friend who work in a IT support operation environment, they were all now more receptive towards working free ot and coming back for duty coverage when needed by the management in fear of being replaced by cheaper fts. I told myself ..luckily I'm out of this now..phew.

I think Lim Swee Say shud be replaced with a Peenoise and all employment problems will be solved.......... Prez Duterte can be his adviser

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore needs more late night shows and talk shows and newspapers and media like usa and hong kong to mock these retarded politicians and question their useless policies and speeches.clearly theres not enough free speech in singapore.

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore needs more late night shows and talk shows and newspapers and media like usa and hong kong to mock these retarded politicians and question their useless policies and speeches.clearly theres not enough free speech in singapore.

Ya, and in Singapore debate, the PAP are given the most time to debate by virtue of their size.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Daft and humji sinkies abhor free speech. It's almost like a sin for them. They would rather shut up and count their CPF monies and upgrade their pigeon holes to condominiums.