• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious New ERP Gantry Coming! Guess Where?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
According to a Channel News Asia report, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) is planning to introduce Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) to the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) entrance towards the city.

They claim that the traffic speeds along the stretch of KPE between Tampines Expressway and Airport Road have "fallen below the optimal speed range" of 45km/h to 65km/h during morning peakhours on weekdays.

As a result, they are considering activating the existing ERP gantry there to help speed things up.

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/song-boh-70-kpe-get-new-bloodsucking-erp-soon
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many GLCs are bleeding $$$ & the PAP needs the $$$ to bail them out.

I expect them to announce a gst hike. If they do hike the gst the it will probably be announced next year. Leaving 2 years for the "lesser mortals" to forget their anger before the next GE.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an excellent news! I hope LTA implement asap, I dun mind paying for a smoother ride.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you dun like ERP , then form a group and tear down the gantry lah..

Post here got what use.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an excellent news! I hope LTA implement asap, I dun mind paying for a smoother ride.

Or they can revive the plan to have double ERP gantry like they did many years back in Chinatown until the retailers business drop till they bleed.

I am sure with such plan, you can be assured that your ride with be twice as smooth.

PAP is a heartless money grabbing INC...just take a ride to CBD now on a saturday morning and you see the ERP is there to collect money even when 90% of the offices are closed for a five day week.

How despicable some ministers are..turning their heads away in pretense .

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are many ways to reduce the number of vehicles going into CBD at peak hours eg enforced/mandatory staggering of road use and office hours -where goods/commercial /construction vehicles cannot enter from 8.00 am to 9.00 am, govt/stat boards start work at 8.00am, offices/brokerages at 9am ,banks/financial institutions at 9.30am/retail outlets at 10.00am ect2.When driving to town you often see construction trucks adding to the traffic jam -why is there a need to deliver concrete and bricks/cement at 8am to 9am-why not deliver before 8am or after 9am?.
Car pooling is another effective way.
Of course all these measures are not revenue generating!. So their scheme is one that favours the rich-if you have money, you can use the roads at the designated hour-no different from paying money to cut queue.
What a place where even road usage is based on money and discriminate against the poor.

Last edited: