• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How do you find Indian IT Support Staff ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
They like to skirt around the issue when they don't have the solution to your question. They like to refer you to URLs and videos and tell you the solution is somewhere there without being specific.

I wonder why lots of US software developers continue to engage Indians as technical support staff. Are they really that good ? Or cheap ?

On a few occasions when they assigned East European to me, the support thread ended abruptly because they could provide solutions within 2 replies. With Indians, the support thread would go on for pages and pages, and you would end up telling them on page 10 what you already told them on page 1.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worst type I encountered were champion of champions . They explicitly create problem scripts for batch jobs that will fail at most runs so that operators will escalate to them to resolve the issues and gain recognitions :eek:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If all those ah nehs are really that good in coding, Microsoft OS won't be ended up as Microshit OS and Windows Mobile won't be dying of natural death.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
true... i hv to resort to email boss of dy computer to fark them upside down in order to get my pc serviced.

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heng suay one. Most time suay one. The best IT support personnel are those who have software development experience; those w/o usually can only give canned responses.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's quite hard to find them. They can be near invisible when the lighting is poor.

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Neh likes to talk cock sing song alot, when they come to delivery, they are weak! That is why most of them got promoted to consultant and management, because they excelled in talking cocks!

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh, they tend to over boasting their worth and good in snake talk. I was shocked when an indian told me "Indian are the nicest people".

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh, they tend to over boasting their worth and good in snake talk. I was shocked when an indian told me "Indian are the nicest people".

I ever go to Indian restaurants they always give me extra rice!

Every time I go Chinese restaurants, no extra rice unless I ask them!

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worst type I encountered were champion of champions . They explicitly create problem scripts for batch jobs that will fail at most runs so that operators will escalate to them to resolve the issues and gain recognitions :eek:

actually the purpose is to drum up the comprehensive maintenance and after sales service business.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
They like to skirt around the issue when they don't have the solution to your question. They like to refer you to URLs and videos and tell you the solution is somewhere there without being specific.

I wonder why lots of US software developers continue to engage Indians as technical support staff. Are they really that good ? Or cheap ?

On a few occasions when they assigned East European to me, the support thread ended abruptly because they could provide solutions within 2 replies. With Indians, the support thread would go on for pages and pages, and you would end up telling them on page 10 what you already told them on page 1.

I recall a Nishi Pundek who had a MBA & a Premanjali Gupta who despises sgian after graduating from our U with free scholarship.........

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
dilbert.gif

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Neh likes to talk cock sing song alot, when they come to delivery, they are weak! That is why most of them got promoted to consultant and management, because they excelled in talking cocks!

I attended a meeting with the division heads from SCB, only one local
he was the head of wealth management who delivered a solution.

The rest were foreign 'NRI' indians who tcss and delivered nothing after the meeting.

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo ownself oh loh ownself boh sala mah tio boh

[h=1]Expelled Delhi student 'stabs teacher to death in front of classmates taking exam'[/h]
Teen terror kills man praying in Ang Mo Kio garden

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not matter if it is American, Europeans Mexican, Filipino or Indian. It is usually a lowly paid staff with minimal experience and basic knowledge and asked to refer to guide sheets.

The senior management and even Managers are not aware how bad it is because they are not the ones who call the IT Help Line. It will be their asst, secretaries etc. The senior ones have highly experienced and dedicated IT support team that is onsite and the best that money can buy. Senior Management therefore are not aware how bad the problem is or how poor the support is. Staff usually take shortcuts or work around it or even abandon the work until escalation takes place and priority is given.

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To say every Ah Neh tech support is bad is not fair to them. There are good ones and bad ones. Like Durians too.

I do have online tech support from India. They really fixed my problems.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
To say every Ah Neh tech support is bad is not fair to them. There are good ones and bad ones. Like Durians too.

I do have online tech support from India. They really fixed my problems.

Did anyone use the word "every" ? So if you find one Ah Neh not smelly, then the observation that Ah Neh is smelly is not true anymore ?

In a person's lifetime, how many Ah Nehs can he meet ? Even if he goes India and stay for 10 years, he will still not be able to meet "every" Ah Neh on earth.