• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singapore economy 'in for a tough period': Tharman

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Totally agree, bro.

If I were a Sinkie, I'd demand to see what concrete steps the highly paid ministars are planning to take to create more jobs for Sinkies and generate more growth.

I can tell you already... Wage credit scheme (with another name), Some upskill program with a new name, tripartite goondus issue wage freeze recommendation, start some "retrenchment anonymous" circle to help all tio-poks, reduce cpf contribution by employers and last but not least, ask zorro to sing the upturn the downturn song..

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you doing homework for him?
Dun give him solutions lah.
He is not going to share his millions with you.

I m not sell fish. I offer him my solution. Pls demote if not retrenchment tharman. After promotion the economy got worst. This means he did a lousy job.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The question is not what, but how. How is the government going to get all of us through the tough economic times? Stating the obvious does nothing to fix the problem. What we want to hear is solutons. I will be most surprised if PM Lee will not make an announcement soon on the formation of an economic revitalization taskforce to tackle the economic downtown. That is the least he could do... something that says he is looking into the problem seriously.
This council is already formed and known as future economy committee or something like this, helmed by HSK before his stroke. Now prolly managed by Lawrence Wong. Looks like he is PM designate.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
RUN is sufficiently educated to believe that only the hiking of our GST to 10% or 12% will save our economy and help our poor.

This day will come before 2020.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
RUN is sufficiently educated to believe that only the hiking of our GST to 10% or 12% will save our economy and help our poor.

This day will come before 2020.

Aiya Run, you not thinking outside the box at all! Businesses want more labour, let them have all they want! But we impose a flat topline income tax of 30-35% on all foreign execs for the first 60k a year. Simple, fair and profitable. :cool:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya Run, you not thinking outside the box at all! Businesses want more labour, let them have all they want! But we impose a flat topline income tax of 30-35% on all foreign execs for the first 60k a year. Simple, fair and profitable. :cool:

Outstanding idea bro. Don't impose quota, just let all foreigners to come here and work and we tax 30-35% of their gross pay.
Then all give every citizen $1000 a month to eat hokkien mee, chicken rice, char kuayteow, everyday at hawker centre.

MAKE SINGAPORE GREAT AGAIN!!!

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Outstanding idea bro. Don't impose quota, just let all foreigners to come here and work and we tax 30-35% of their gross pay.
Then all give every citizen $1000 a month to eat hokkien mee, chicken rice, char kuayteow, everyday at hawker centre.

Thank you, you are wise indeed. But of course we need to give the civil service a raise first. Wouldn't want all enforcement efforts to go to waste due to corruption. Deadbeat citizens can have $50 a month or so to keep them afloat. Wouldn't want them to develop cluck mentality and depend on the government, do we?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

More labour may not help when sales/income dropping.

As usual, no mention of reducing the number of foreigners working here-its a joke when locals cannot find jobs but you have millions of foreigners having the good life here!
70% voted for them to create jobs for foreigners?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

As usual, no mention of reducing the number of foreigners working here-its a joke when locals cannot find jobs but you have millions of foreigners having the good life here!

1 sinkie lose job can create 2 or 3 jobs for foreigners. Some unhappiness, more happy people, there is net happiness. :smile: Happiest of all is Loong; you help make his numbers look good!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why havent we been doing this since day one?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 sinkie lose job can create 2 or 3 jobs for foreigners. Some unhappiness, more happy people, there is net happiness. :smile: Happiest of all is Loong; you help make his numbers look good!

Can ask gov to send my check to my swiss bank account,I dont mind moving to another country to make room for 3 more fts.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you, you are wise indeed. But of course we need to give the civil service a raise first.

SPOT ON! brother mojito. I almost want to kiss your feet now. It took RUN so long to apprehend that he lacked the foresight of the 70% of the country, that's why he had been so miserable.

When useless ah RUN wrote to 2 ministers and a regulatory body about his grievances and he waited about a month for reply and he was gently reminded that they were commercial issues, there was nothing they can do (it is none of their business).

RUN came to understand that our civil servants are very overworked. I began to reflect and felt so paiseh about ignorance. I acknowledge that our leadership should be paid more because they had to spend a lot of time to reject nonsense appeals which are none of their business.

Please don't complaint that you had been cheated or treated unfairly. In Singapore, nobody owes us anything and nobody is obliged to help you. If you are useless like RUN, you are always tramped upon.

Dear people, just be selfish, try to understand our ecology and protect your family, friends and yourself. Just focus on how you can make best of out the situation. It took ah RUN so long to realize this. Don't be like me. Don't think of changing anything. Go with the flow and we can all MAKE SINGAPORE GREATER!

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't worry about this. Our social safety nets are strong, there are at two ways to look at it.
While dumbfucked countries focus on keeping the fishes inside the net happy, Singapore uses stainless steel nets that will never be broken through.
We can also hire foreigners to scold Singaporeans at custom checkpoints or put down riots.
The possibilities are endless.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

you have millions of foreigners having the good life here!

I think we are also having good life.

The cost of finding chickens did not go up for 10-15 years.
Today, we are making inflated income while enjoying the youngest chicks from our regional countries at prices 10-15 years ago.

Amazing right?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some things are better left unsaid. :smile:

It seems like singapore is the perfect economic wealth generating machine,but it does not seem to be directed at the peasant's benefit.if oppo can sieze the gov and usurp this powerful engine,it can have unimaginable consequences.

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes good brother
It is very important to attract more people to Singapore and push our population towards 10 million.
We collect GST from everything day do, including food, drink water or use electricity.

As long as support our incubment to work towards this direction, we will not face a meltdown before hitting the above target.